#1 thegordlol

thegordlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

First of all, as affly lock , when a target is full dotted and then u pop trinket+dark soul, the dots that the target has, benefit from ur cds/buff? or u have to redot the target? and if u have to redot the target , u can also use fel flame to refresh ur dot and benefits from ur cds/buff or the only thing that u can do is redot the target?
Second, after int/resilience, which is the secondary stat that u have to improve/reforge? mastery or haste?

#2 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1497
  • 3v3: 2126
  • RBG: 960

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

You need to refresh for the dots to benefit from any buffs you have.

#3 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

as with all buffs for any class, yes u have to redot the target for those dots to gain the benefit of said buffs. furthermore, yes you can use fel flame as a means to apply the buffed dots to the target. Lastly, mastery is the best secondary stat you should reforge to, but you should aim for pvp power and not Intel.

Resil/pvp power (whichever u prefer) ---->mastery---->haste----->crit

#4 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Resil >> PvP Power > Int > Mastery > Haste >> Crit

#5 thegordlol

thegordlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

there is a cap for haste rating?

#6 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

there are "caps" when you get additional dot ticks as affliction, but they dont really affect your damage in pvp.

for people who still wanna know:

UA: 7,16% (872rating);  21,4%(6637rating)
Corruption: 5,57% (231rating); 16,66% (4717rating); 27,76% (9211rating)
Agony: 12,52% (3043rating); 20,81%(6400rating); 29,16% (9778rating)
every number +5% if youre not playing with a class that provides spriest or moonkin aura

#7 thegordlol

thegordlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

ok thx :)
I have an additional question, which is the better metasocket for affly?im playing with 216int/3% crit atm.  About the other sockets? in the green socket i put 160 pvp resi/ 160 pvp pow , int the red socket i put 8n int / 160 pvp resi and in the yellow, 320 pvp resi. Is this a good way to socket an affly lock ?
The problem is that i really dk wich lock i have to inspect , cus everyone have a destro spek, and im not sure that their socket/ench are for affly.

#8 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

View Postthegordlol, on 30 December 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

ok thx :)
I have an additional question, which is the better metasocket for affly?im playing with 216int/3% crit atm.  About the other sockets? in the green socket i put 160 pvp resi/ 160 pvp pow , int the red socket i put 8n int / 160 pvp resi and in the yellow, 320 pvp resi. Is this a good way to socket an affly lock ?
The problem is that i really dk wich lock i have to inspect , cus everyone have a destro spek, and im not sure that their socket/ench are for affly.

Yes that's best meta and gems. Consider skipping socket bonuses (especially belt+gloves) for 320 resil as well

#9 thegordlol

thegordlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have other questions about the talents. I see a lot of affly playing with GoSupremacy+Sacrifical pact , and i think that it is the best talents that u can take for team like wls. But i also see other ppl that are playing with GoSacrifice+Dark bargain , and moreover , nadagastt ( http://us.battle.net...agastt/advanced )is playing with GoSupremacy+Soul link. About sacrificalpact/soul link + Gosupremacy , im worried about the fact that ur pet can be easily killed and has a long cd until next summ ( 1 min ).
I've never played lock in 3s this season , and ill start to play it in these days , cus ive taken t1 weap today. So i was wondering if u can tell me wich talents u consider the best and why , also considering the different comps that u can play (wls, mls, rls and scleave).Btw, i was hoping to play wls or scleave ^^

Another question is about the talent GoSupremacy and the observer. If u play with that talent, ur spell like grasp, haunt and other , will deal less dmg, but u can also do dmg with ur pet. So the question is , the damage that the observer does, is comparable to the damage that u have lost from ur spell from taking the GoSupremacy? if the dmg that the observer does its good, in the arenas, i have to play with my observer in Assist mode?

Sorry for my bad english, i hope u will understand >.< thx for the answers

Edited by thegordlol, 04 January 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#10 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

no assist mode man

#11 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

about the pet: you should keep it on passive and then have at least "pet attack" and "pet follow" bound, that way you can control it much better than just having it on assist.  it's also a good idea to bind "pet move-to", but if you haven't played a pet class before then that will take some getting used to.

#12 Eiviyn

Eiviyn
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

If you dot a secondary target, your pet will break from it's current target to go hit what you just dotted while in assist mode.

Assist mode really isn't designed for warlocks. You should forget it exists.

#13 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I agree with no assist mode, and I was just messing around with Soul Link the other day.  I'm not sure if there is an Affliction spec/glyph setup with enough survivability for me to consider the spec good for general ladder play.

Sacrifice is good but I like having Devour (or Clone) Magic.  I think a Sacrifice + Soul Link spec (sacrificing a Voidwalker against cleaves) might have enough survivability for Affliction to be strong for ladder play, but I'm not sure.

With the healing nerf, I think the damage is probably fine in most situations, although I've found it difficult to get a lot of damage out against teams which do lots of damage to me (mostly Pally cleaves, I think).  However, the damage is way too concentrated in the four Dark Soul + SP boost + Soulburn Soul Swap globals.

Edited by Nadagast, 05 January 2013 - 01:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<