Mantraz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostCreepStatus, on 28 December 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

You can't really put the blame on the people that bot, some people enjoy certain aspects of this game and in order to get to those aspects you have to spend an absurd amount of time on the game that, in reality, most people just don't have.

By the same logic you can't blame footballplayers for using their hands to score just cause they don't enjoy kicking. Having good gear is a privilege, not a right. You're cheating the game and making the experience worse for everyone.
Spoiler

#62 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostThaya, on 29 December 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yes. If I had enjoyed killing non-player controlled units, it would be easier to go do some dailies or some PvE.

Besides, if only real players played BGs, not everyone is a "retard casual worse than a bot". It can also be fun to get into various 1vX situations if you really outgear them.

Is it really that difficult to understand that fighting players in BGs is more fun than fighting bots?

Yes, it's really difficult to understand for me why would you enjoy farming retards that stand no chance because of their lack of gear/skill. And those "various 1vX situations" are still there, bots aren't running as rampant (at least not during daytime) as you imply they are.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#63 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Cuz I enjoy killing people and I'm not always in the mood to play full focused (rated).

It's also the only form of PvP that doesn't require you to team up with other people and have them rely on you.

Edited by Thaya, 29 December 2012 - 06:21 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#64 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostThaya, on 28 December 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

How can you say that Blizzard forces you into bgs if the last time you needed honor pieces was TBC (remember when there was no offsets for arena points?), when they stopped perma banning people for using hacks/bots (the worst that can happen to your account for hb is 72h ban), and when they quite literally don't give a fuck that at 4 AM and later there are full bot vs bot bgs with 0 real players in them (it's actually very hard to get a ban for botting unless you're doing herbs/ore)?

It's also ridiculously easy for them to kill off injection bots like HB is. It's using the exact same method that can become detectable literally any time via a Warden update, but they haven't made it detectable for like 4 years now.
Hey man they put me offline for three hours for those battleground exploits

watch out

Edited by Speedymart, 30 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Posted Image

#65 Snitched

Snitched
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2243

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

easy solutions, if they actually want to keep the gear upgrades shit since they already put it in, just do these 2 things

1) Have the total conquest cap required for t1/t2 weps be account wide (i.e. once you get it once on one toon, you can get it on any toon)
This is obvious, because this way people will not be able to get the original t1/t2 faster, hence it won't affect how fast you can get them to use them in PVE, and still requires you to acquire it on one toon overall.
Just to make this more clear, it'd be like a per toon basis, you wouldn't actually get combined conquest points achieved across all toons (i.e. if you have 3k on toon1 and 2k on toon2, your account wide total is still 3k, not 5k)

2) Have the upgrades for the gear ONLY be purchasable after you have full set of gear that you are upgrading (i.e. full malev if you want to upgrade any malev item, you don't have to have them all equipped, just have them all in your bags if you want to use other items).
With that, you have upgrades also be account-wide. Example of how this works:

toon1 gets a full set of dreadful gear, and decides to farm all of the upgrades for it. You farm say, upgrades for chest/pants/helm. Once you level up toon2, and toon2 buys a dreadful chest, it will already be at the same upgrade level as your highest one.

This way, you still have the same gear progression there used to be, and you cannot do stupid abusable stuff like farm gear on one toon, and have alts to farm upgrades on separate pieces of gear.

Alts will be able to catch up much quicker, but still have the exact same gear progression as previous expansions (assuming your main toon is progressing properly) and can catch up at a reasonable place

ezpz

#66 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

On a completely different topic, BRING back skirmish arena please. Boring as fuck when there is no arena going on.
Posted Image

#67 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postidevpro, on 31 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

On a completely different topic, BRING back skirmish arena please. Boring as fuck when there is no arena going on.

That is obviously far to hard to program, and would take far too long to implement. Come on now... <_<

#68 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1513

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostThaya, on 28 December 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

I used to love doing random battlegrounds, just for fun, back in WotLK and TBC
there have always been bots and I would argue that current version honorbuddy plays the game better than a lot of people in random bgs do.

for example if you bot a healer you usually top healing in bgs.

Edited by Koshimo, 31 December 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#69 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostRegent, on 31 December 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

That is obviously far to hard to program, and would take far too long to implement. Come on now... <_<

It was there since arena came, i don't see how hard is to bring something that already existed, just remove the comment from the code :duckers:
Posted Image

#70 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postidevpro, on 31 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

It was there since arena came, i don't see how hard is to bring something that already existed, just remove the comment from the code :duckers:
Yeah not like anything else has changed right all they gotta do is remove that comment, you should send blizzard some tips on coding wow i'm sure they would really appreciate the help, perhaps you could fix some bugs for them as well?

#71 Vengeânce1296684277

Vengeânce1296684277
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

-The item level/stat difference between Dreadful gear and Malevolent gear needs to be drastically reduced.  
-Add honor weapons.
-Remove conquest cap for weapons.

Adding upgrades for PvE items was probably a good idea for obvious reasons.  However, the addition of PvP item upgrades is a totally different story.

#72 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostVengeânce1296684277, on 31 December 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

-The item level/stat difference between Dreadful gear and Malevolent gear needs to be drastically reduced.  
-Add honor weapons.
-Remove conquest cap for weapons.

Adding upgrades for PvE items was probably a good idea for obvious reasons.  However, the addition of PvP item upgrades is a totally different story.

Honestly they could do all this without affecting PvE by just reducing the iLvl/stats and just adding lots of PvP power/resil to them to make up the difference.

#73 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postsounds_, on 01 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Honestly they could do all this without affecting PvE by just reducing the iLvl/stats and just adding lots of PvP power/resil to them to make up the difference.

Or they could just make PvP power reduce damage output in PvE.

View Postidevpro, on 31 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I'd love to get skirmishes back, why was it even removed in the first place? It was perfect for trying out new specs and whatnot without having to sacrifice rating for it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<