• Curse Sites
Help

Arena is only available for "hardcore" players.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#81 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Yes gear plays to big part in the current game but don't forget that back in BC where most of you say "gear didn't matter", people were terrible compared to now.

People are so much better at the game(even if it might not seem like it right now with cleave party) that gear is going to matter more since games are much closer.

#82 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Its very Simple REMOVE WEEKLY CONQUEST CAP !

Replace it with a Season Conquest Cap

So it goes somthing Like this
Week1- 2200
Week2-4400
Week3-6600
Week4-8800
week5-11000   And so on

So for the people who got the xpac late or people who want to start playing in week 11 of the season will have a 24200 Cap Will people think this is fair for people playing from the very start I wouldn't think so because they had the option to increase there Rating Cap making them still have a lead in gear over the newbies and all the late comer's have is a Small boost and the player still has to Cap those Point making the ladder alot more active for people coming back to the game or people who decided to Reroll a new class Mid season

Now the Pve Comin might Have a out cry How new dinged 90's in full pvp gear are joining there LFR and such and the only fix i could think of is maybe putting in some sort 5 week Hold untill the system kicks in

All and all i think this system would bring alot of Players to arenas/RBG Keeping it more active

#83 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostLolflay, on 03 January 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Basically, with every expansion the increase the gear gap. During TBC, it wasn't so bad. During WoTLK, it started to get dumb but it was still manageable. Cataclysm ( with my very limited experience ) was horrible, where having one trinket or weapon better than your opposition meant you can best them, and now with MoP they brought gear gaps inside a ONGOING season. It makes me thankful that I stopped being hooked up on this game, as I'd be really dissapointed if I had to tolerate this shit. Hats off to you guys.

Pretty much same boat as you.

One thing you may or may not have noticed, is that blizzard have also made it so that most valor point rewards also require rep.

So to enter Raids you must first LFR, to enter LFR you must get Valor cap by doing HC's (and dailies), and to get Valor gear you must do dailies for the rep to be able to buy it.

If I was to decide to compete in both pve and pvp I'd probably HAVE to spend 5 hours a day for the next 3 months just to get started. I used to be happy to play arena for 5 hours a day because it was enjoyable, but there would be no fucking way I was spending 5 hours a day doing what blizzard is forcing me to do just to compete.

Never has the piss been taken out of so many, by so few.

Posted Image

#84 ScHniPPaH

ScHniPPaH
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1610
  • 3v3: 1678
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

why not make use of the dead arena tournament realm? something like account bound conquest points. much to consider i know...

#85 Orangejuicez

Orangejuicez

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Easy fix make it so you can buy malevolent at a certain point during the season with honor

Nifa said:

Having bladestorm in mind, I dont see the problem with this.

#86 J_DA

J_DA
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1698

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

SUP LADS DO 0 DAMAGE UNTIL YOU GET WEP
CYA

#87 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostMageic, on 03 January 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Agreed that from BC-Cata it got worse but what it is currently like is not even close to Cata. In season 10 I got glad on a nearly full honor geared shaman(even honor weps). I understand resto shaman were overpowered and I was playing with reasonably geared players but theres 0 chance I could even come close to doing that now.

It really started going downhill in S8 and just got worse and worse with each season in my opinion.  I remember being one of the 1st warriors on Stormstrike with DBW and Shadow's Edge, I literally walked through ANYTHING in front of me early in the season because of my gear advantage.  The more the season progressed the worse (great for me, worse for non PVE'ers) it got because I raided full time and eventually ended up with the heroic Ruby Sanctum trinket and heroic DBW, along with T2.  The gear advantage I had over others was pretty significant, people who didnt PVE really couldnt catch up .  Played all the FOTM warrior comps to glad rating (ATC, TSG, Double healer scum) easily and will admit a lot of that had to do with gear.

So now instead of being at a disadvantage because you dont PVE full time it has turned into the complete opposite, if you don't PVP full time you will always be at a disadvantage no matter what skill level you are.  Not sure what the best way to fix all of this is, but getting rid of the upgrade system would be a good start in my opinion...
Posted Image

#88 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

And once they remove the upgrade system, refund me my conquest points bitches.

#89 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostSilhin, on 03 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Its very Simple REMOVE WEEKLY CONQUEST CAP !

Replace it with a Season Conquest Cap

So it goes somthing Like this
Week1- 2200
Week2-4400
Week3-6600
Week4-8800
week5-11000   And so on

So for the people who got the xpac late or people who want to start playing in week 11 of the season will have a 24200 Cap Will people think this is fair for people playing from the very start I wouldn't think so because they had the option to increase there Rating Cap making them still have a lead in gear over the newbies and all the late comer's have is a Small boost and the player still has to Cap those Point making the ladder alot more active for people coming back to the game or people who decided to Reroll a new class Mid season

Now the Pve Comin might Have a out cry How new dinged 90's in full pvp gear are joining there LFR and such and the only fix i could think of is maybe putting in some sort 5 week Hold untill the system kicks in

All and all i think this system would bring alot of Players to arenas/RBG Keeping it more active

Seriously good idea. That would motivate players to join in near the season end because it would allow them to pick up a full set of gear right away, while the hardcore players had been able to enjoy their gear advantage all throughout the season but by the end of it it will be fair game with lots of competition.

#90 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

If they combined that with making conquest points take less time to cap it'd be wonderful.  But coming in at, say, week 6, and needing 62 wins to cap out?  That'd just be painful.  Even just making arena wins give 250 points instead of 180 would put a huge dent in the time to cap.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#91 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

They won't do that. It encourages people to not play until season end (when it matters) to get their title. Just no way they'd implement that and you know it. No matter how much you hate the current system, they love it. It makes you keep playing. Many people used to just play a few weeks or months to get full T1 gear and then they cancel their sub.
I used to see those random people with full pvp gear log on with no arena teams just to have them tell me that they came back to WoW after getting all gear in start. With the current system you have to keep playing a decade to really get 100% geared up even if you don't get T2 and that's what they want. I doubt they would change it any time soon and you guys know that they won't remove the upgrade shit. Blizzard is too proud about their 'new features' to remove any of them. If you actually remove the upgrade option on PvP gear since.. it's only for arena and less damage isn't that bad, you'd have all the casual noobs crying and complaining saying that it's unfair that PvE players get higher item level gear.

#92 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

They won't do that. It encourages people to not play until season end (when it matters) to get their title. Just no way they'd implement that and you know it. No matter how much you hate the current system, they love it. It makes you keep playing. Many people used to just play a few weeks or months to get full T1 gear and then they cancel their sub.
I used to see those random people with full pvp gear log on with no arena teams just to have them tell me that they came back to WoW after getting all gear in start. With the current system you have to keep playing a decade to really get 100% geared up even if you don't get T2 and that's what they want. I doubt they would change it any time soon and you guys know that they won't remove the upgrade shit. Blizzard is too proud about their 'new features' to remove any of them. If you actually remove the upgrade option on PvP gear since.. it's only for arena and less damage isn't that bad, you'd have all the casual noobs crying and complaining saying that it's unfair that PvE players get higher item level gear.

I agree they won't implement it for that purpose, they could potentially lose 2/3 months of subs on some accounts for it. Which is what matters to them. Though it is a really good idea, something like that would be great.

And as for whining that PVE'ers have higher ilvl gear, that's a non-issue really, increase the base ilvl of pvp gear, remove upgrades, profit. Even make it so that pvp gear used in pve instances gets downscaled in ilvl to match the tier (LFR/N/HC) or something, so that raiders cant go in full pvp gear with higher ilvl or whatever.

There was nothing wrong with the old systems. Even last season my druid hit 85 near the end of the season, and I still had fun on it and wasn't far off glad. I was mad I couldn't get T2 purely because it required 17k points or whatever earned in the season. But I had a decent mix of Honor gear, a couple PVE pieces and the Conquest pieces, and could compete after a relatively short time gearing.

Most of all, I didn't absolutely REQUIRE to get the t1 weapon (20% pvp power) to play the game.

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

#93 Silhin

Silhin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't beleave it will discourage alot of people to keep subbing  if anything it make more pvers wanna pvp Currently Most pver say they don't have time for Pvp and pve raiding do heroics modes and such this will provide them with a way to get (decent) pvp gear to compete in arena or Rbg People who have been playing for a while will still have a gear advantage over late comers Like i said before it can be implemented late in the season .So if you planned on benefiting from this system you would have to wait a while

And who cares about the gear to be honest. Don't we want more competition instead of gear grinding ? Sadly Guild wars 2 had it right idea but failed in other areas when u join a pvp area everyone had equal  gear

#94 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostSilhin, on 03 January 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

I don't beleave it will discourage alot of people to keep subbing  if anything it make more pvers wanna pvp Currently Most pver say they don't have time for Pvp and pve raiding do heroics modes and such this will provide them with a way to get (decent) pvp gear to compete in arena or Rbg People who have been playing for a while will still have a gear advantage over late comers Like i said before it can be implemented late in the season .So if you planned on benefiting from this system you would have to wait a while

And who cares about the gear to be honest. Don't we want more competition instead of gear grinding ? Sadly Guild wars 2 had it right idea but failed in other areas when u join a pvp area everyone had equal  gear
I wasn't talking about improving the game. I was talking about it from Blizzards point of view. Yeah people WILL cancel no matter what you say.
Half these people here on AJ would love to cancel their account now, come back 1 month before season end and get fully geared to play for the title to 2500 and go again. You can even make a poll if you want and see. People don't enjoy arena like we did in tbc where you just queued skirmish 'for fun'.

#95 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

I've always enjoyed arena, because of MMR it's made 'enjoying' arena a little harder, you cant afford to just tank your mmr at the start of the season fucking around. That's where that went wrong. But equally, that's why I made a second lock, to fuck about on.

I don't understand why there is SO much PVP power on the Weapons though. Like, I guess blizzard wanted to discourage people from using pve trinkets/weapons (and that is a good thing) so put loads of pvp power on these, but the implementation is stupid. As it is, with an average cap you're looking at at least 3 weeks where you can't really compete (before t1).

The remainder of the gear upgrades (honor to epic) are big, but not huge, but the step from something pre-t1 to t1 is phenomenal, and should not be so big if t1 is to require a "x points earned so far".

Edited by hertzuk, 04 January 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Posted Image

#96 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostSilhin, on 03 January 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Everyone but the ~200 people that keep posting in this site. Don't get me wrong - it would be great for pvp to be non gear depended, but this is WoW - an RPG. It's not a game designed to be a pvp game. People like to farm gear because it gives them a sense of achievement, just like titles give to the people in this site.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#97 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Just venting... but.. FUCK gear this season, man.. I'm so far behind and there are people fully epiced who are still upgrading their gear every week. Arena punishes you for joining late/not playing every week. How in the shit do they expect this system to keep people playing? How is anyone new to arena or just coming back to start arena suppose to enjoy it? I'm about ready to just quit again because coming back has been a miserable experience.

love, someone ass raped by 4 different brain dead ATCs who just sit on me and my 345k health.

#98 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

yerp... I stopped playing for like 3 weeks and I can't even compete now

#99 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

s2 gearing system was the best
Posted Image
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#100 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

started playing

played like

3 games

quit again
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<