Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Arena is only available for "hardcore" players.


  • Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Giky

Giky
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 42
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Bring back TBC system, problem solved

#62 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3168
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostGiky, on 30 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Bring back TBC, problem solved
fixed

Edited by Hyrmine, 30 December 2012 - 03:43 PM.


#63 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 2094
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

I can't even play my Feral or Mage anymore, because the gear system is so bad.

Feral dies in charge stun + shockwave through Barkskin to 1300 shitters and Mage just plain can't kill anything. After spending 2 months gearing my Feral and Mage, I've realized that it doesn't get better.

Trying to play them at all was a complete waste of time, because they will never be able to compete with anything that's been played since the first week of the season.

Edited by zsuper, 01 January 2013 - 06:32 AM.


#64 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 462
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

r u nerd serious?  the casuals will quit?   blizzard already gave u fucking scrubs every little thing you have asked for an it made the game crap... it revolves around you casual scum now. and guess what,  not one real player cares about u trashcan casuals quitting.

and secondly   fuck all of you complaining about not having your wep... if it wasnt a welfare item you fucking bads couldnt get it anyway.  stuck in the 1400s.  i hope you die.

Edited by Christymarie, 01 January 2013 - 11:18 AM.


#65 heyyoulol

heyyoulol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Posts: 91
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

nice nice

Edited by heyyoulol, 06 January 2013 - 01:23 PM.


#66 Rekkiem

Rekkiem
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 74
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Just remove upgradeable gear
problem solved
pushing it to the limit since 1985
:druid::priest::rogue:

#67 Zeralis

Zeralis
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1550
  • 3v3: 2230
  • 5v5: 2296
  • RBG: 2050
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Should just consider making a PvP vendor with full gear from the second you level 90 you can obtain it. Then gear wont have a factor in PvP just skills. Also remove Profession buffs for PvP (Maybe) Could make a lot of PvP'ers happy knowing that they only have to PvP. Gear that cannot get socketed, not enchanted nothing.

No RNG procs, just abilitys.

I'm just throwing this out there, and i believe a lot of people atleast in the arena community would love to be able to play their alts at full scale the second they reach level 90.

#68 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostChristymarie, on 01 January 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

r u nerd serious?  the casuals will quit?   blizzard already gave u fucking scrubs every little thing you have asked for an it made the game crap... it revolves around you casual scum now. and guess what,  not one real player cares about u trashcan casuals quitting.

and secondly   fuck all of you complaining about not having your wep... if it wasnt a welfare item you fucking bads couldnt get it anyway.  stuck in the 1400s.  i hope you die.
For some reason I can't +rep u (no arrow next to your rep gains). My heart is with you (even though you are too aggressive you speak the truth :D)

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#69 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 2094
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostBraindance, on 02 January 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

For some reason I can't +rep u (no arrow next to your rep gains). My heart is with you (even though you are too aggressive you speak the truth :D)

If anyone agrees with this idiot, they're either completely retarded or don't understand what the problem with gear is.

But don't worry, I'm here to help you understand.

Mongoloid Warriors, Hunters, Ferals, and Retadins in the 1600s can 100 to 0 my Feral through Survival Instincts in 5-6 seconds. In the case of my Mage, just one of them can 100 to 0 me in as little as 3 seconds if I don't have Ice Block or Alter Time.

Gear is not fixing this, because there is no realistically attainable cap on gear. I buy a new piece of Malevolent gear, they upgrade their Malevolent gear, and they stay as far ahead of me as they were last week; if not further ahead, because their gear allows them to reach higher ratings and higher caps.

If my Feral can't ever catch up on gear, it can't compete with players who are more geared. If I can't compete with geared players, why should I even bother playing my Feral? Both of my alts are stuck at 1700~ rating, because that bracket is overflowing with 3/4 geared shitty players' mains who can just zerg me down almost instantly. This prevents me from getting a higher cap, and because neither of us will finish gearing before the season ends, I can't just grind through it until the gear evens out.

The issue isn't welfare gear, it's that you can NEVER catch up with this system.


EDIT: Also, RBG exploiting makes it even worse. Imo they just shouldn't give a conq cap or count for weapons.

Edited by zsuper, 02 January 2013 - 06:11 AM.


#70 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1763
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

it's definitely a horrid gear gap and the upgrade system is literally the most bullshit thing ever but I really think a lot of you are over valuing the gear difference

Posted Image


#71 huurka

huurka
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 7041
  • Talents: Shadow 0/././././.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

this fucking game is a grindfest again, and i cant even bot it. fuck

#72 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3168
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Does anyone else find this ironic?
Back then in TBC if anyone would have made a topic like this everyone would insult them calling them casuals or they need to L2P by some green geared druid with shoulders and now everyone wants it to be more casual.

#73 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 288
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

1950 rating- Helm
2000 rating- Shoulders
2200 rating- Weapon

Oh those were the days...
Posted Image

#74 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3540
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postzsuper, on 02 January 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

If anyone agrees with this idiot, they're either completely retarded or don't understand what the problem with gear is.

But don't worry, I'm here to help you understand.

Mongoloid Warriors, Hunters, Ferals, and Retadins in the 1600s can 100 to 0 my Feral through Survival Instincts in 5-6 seconds. In the case of my Mage, just one of them can 100 to 0 me in as little as 3 seconds if I don't have Ice Block or Alter Time.

Gear is not fixing this, because there is no realistically attainable cap on gear. I buy a new piece of Malevolent gear, they upgrade their Malevolent gear, and they stay as far ahead of me as they were last week; if not further ahead, because their gear allows them to reach higher ratings and higher caps.

If my Feral can't ever catch up on gear, it can't compete with players who are more geared. If I can't compete with geared players, why should I even bother playing my Feral? Both of my alts are stuck at 1700~ rating, because that bracket is overflowing with 3/4 geared shitty players' mains who can just zerg me down almost instantly. This prevents me from getting a higher cap, and because neither of us will finish gearing before the season ends, I can't just grind through it until the gear evens out.

The issue isn't welfare gear, it's that you can NEVER catch up with this system.


EDIT: Also, RBG exploiting makes it even worse. Imo they just shouldn't give a conq cap or count for weapons.
Again because I'm too bored to write a full answer. The current system is wrong and I dont like it. I agree with this guy b/c everything he  said is right (he is not referring to the current gear or w/e it's more general).

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#75 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 677
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Braindance I'm gonna quote this "everything he  said is right" guy and I want you to read it and ask yourself: "Do I really want to agree with this guy?"  And if you say yes to that question could you please go up to any normal human being in the world (i.e. not yourself) and ask them to smack you in the face, because holy shit man.

View PostChristymarie, on 01 January 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

r u nerd serious?  the casuals will quit?   blizzard already gave u fucking scrubs every little thing you have asked for an it made the game crap... it revolves around you casual scum now. and guess what,  not one real player cares about u trashcan casuals quitting.

and secondly   fuck all of you complaining about not having your wep... if it wasnt a welfare item you fucking bads couldnt get it anyway.  stuck in the 1400s.  i hope you die.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#76 Blackrat5521

Blackrat5521
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 223
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

you sound very violent Christymarie

Edited by Blackrat5521, 03 January 2013 - 12:15 AM.


#77 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1502
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 02 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Does anyone else find this ironic?
Back then in TBC if anyone would have made a topic like this everyone would insult them calling them casuals or they need to L2P by some green geared druid with shoulders and now everyone wants it to be more casual.

I started playing in season 3. By the time I hit 70 I had bought the full s1 gear set. This was easily enough to compete at reasonable rating (I was a shit player obviously, but it was never my gear holding me back, it was the fact I was terrible).

I would meet much better geared people in the 1500 bracket, but could win if I played well. Even with a gear gap. This is not the case now.

Within a few weeks/couple months (depending on who'se okay rated team i could ninja into for cap) i was catching up with people on gear, and I had the whole set except for shoulder and weapon because I was too shit for 2k. But I could compete and have fun.

I took a break from wow since mop release until a week ago. If I went into arena now with full honor gear (which takes much longer to farm than it did then I'm pretty sure) I would get pissed all over. And I will not catch up to anywhere near the level of gear I need to actually compete before the end of the season, when the people in the lower brackets (where I'll be stuck because of appalling gear) will still be upgrading their gear (their upgrades will be less drastic than mine, but the gap still takes too long to close).

Pretty much re-iterated what the guy a few posts up said..


And in reply to the quote, no TBC was never anything like this and your analogy with the green geared Druid with shoulders is irrelevant (though an equally good example of blizzards ineptitude at fixing the game, and judging by how long it took them to fix resto Druids I have little faith in them fixing this).

Edited by hertzuk, 03 January 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Posted Image


#78 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 704
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

It's not even just having t1 or even t2. I hit 90 on my priest shortly after 5.1 and  I recently got my t2 yet the gear cap STILL feels too large. The gear gap only gets larger because the geared players are always getting larger caps. Players starting late have no chance of joining reasonable rbg groups so they're forced into getting 1800-2200 points for the first few weeks if they have no friends to carry them while the geared players are getting 3500+ caps every week.

I honestly think on MOST battlegroups the top 5-10 teams are simply those who have the most gear(+playable comp). Being realistic not all that many players have tried very hard to get a max cap every week since the beginning so its not even simply those who started late but even the casuals who get low caps start to see less success every week.

#79 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 6163
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Hello peasants. I have no idea how I ended up on this forum after browsing reddit, and I'm baked as fk, but I'm feeling philosophical so good read ahead, relevant to the thread I swear !

First of all, I doubt that anyone with 3+ titles hasn't boosted a character before to glad rating ( or at least attempted to, hue hue scrubs ). I had a general rule of thumb that the guy who wants a boost shouldn't contact me unless he knew someone I knew and contacted me through them, and that gear should be full current season. However, there are exceptions to everything, and due to various RL or ingame friends, I ended up playing shit geared characters and aiming for glad title in various seasons. Here's a list of undergeared chars I tried to boost.

S3 - I played a priest who had full s1 gear and a priest who was half s2 half s3 geared to glad. Both successful.
S4 - Played a priest who had full s2 gear ( with exception of weapon, he had that spellpower random drop mace from MH ). Success.

Overall, if you were good, you could take a s2 geared priest during s4 and easily attain glad, especially with how low the cutoffs were at that time.

S5 - barely ended up on glad rating on a priest who had 3 parts of brutal, ret/disc hue.
S7 - full furious priest, success. Deadly priest, failure.
S8 - Furious priest, failure. Relentless priest, barely.

This is where things started to become stupid, although going from s5 to s6, and s6 to s7, it wasn't THAT much of a gear gap, but at the end of expansion, unless you were really good, you could forget about competing with anything else but current season set of gear.

I played a bit of S9, quit early during the season. I returned briefly during s11 to level chars for MoP and tried some arena. I was playing a warlock and reached 2.3k rating ( I think 2.5k was glad rating ) and could not go higher without quality PvE gear + full pvp gear and tier 2 shit. Think I had everything but trinkets + rings that was s11, trinkets and rings were from honor, and weapons were tier 1. Shit warlocks with raid finder Cunning and full s11/tier 2 gear who played worse than me ( and trust me when I tell you, I was a horrible warlock as I just picked the class up after not playing it for what, 3 years, so to be worse than me you had to be really special ), so the gear difference was already huge and mattered a lot.

Now in MoP... I started 3 weeks late ( I had no intention of buying the game as I'm not that hardcore of a gamer as I was before, and League satisfies all my gaming needs, but RL mates made me do it so w/e ), I barely started capping at the time when people started getting weapons. After all the initial mess sorted itself out ( BM hunter stampede pets, shit like that ), you basically stood NO CHANCE versus people with weapons. I remember dueling my RL mate on his alt frostmage, the duels were pretty onesided. He's a crap mage, and I'd say after not playing so long, my skills as Spriest diminished ( I could still get gladiator any time I wanted provided with full geared character and decent teammates, but 1v1 duels are completely a new thing for me, as duels still remained a solid example of chess-esque cooldown usage for which you got to know your opponents and the spells, and I'm completely lost on that part ) - and he was beating me 50% of time. I dueled him after he got his weapon, I did not stand a single chance ( even though I managed to devise tactics that I believe would let me beat him had it not been for that weapon ) - I haven't logged since ( think it was early november ) because I knew that I would never catch up to the better geared people ( and quite frankly I didn't/don't care, this game lost its appeal for me long time ago ).


Basically, with every expansion the increase the gear gap. During TBC, it wasn't so bad. During WoTLK, it started to get dumb but it was still manageable. Cataclysm ( with my very limited experience ) was horrible, where having one trinket or weapon better than your opposition meant you can best them, and now with MoP they brought gear gaps inside a ONGOING season. It makes me thankful that I stopped being hooked up on this game, as I'd be really dissapointed if I had to tolerate this shit. Hats off to you guys.

Quote

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#80 Mageic

Mageic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 704
  • Talents: Elemental
  • RBG: 192

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostLolflay, on 03 January 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Basically, with every expansion the increase the gear gap. During TBC, it wasn't so bad. During WoTLK, it started to get dumb but it was still manageable. Cataclysm ( with my very limited experience ) was horrible, where having one trinket or weapon better than your opposition meant you can best them, and now with MoP they brought gear gaps inside a ONGOING season. It makes me thankful that I stopped being hooked up on this game, as I'd be really dissapointed if I had to tolerate this shit. Hats off to you guys.

Agreed that from BC-Cata it got worse but what it is currently like is not even close to Cata. In season 10 I got glad on a nearly full honor geared shaman(even honor weps). I understand resto shaman were overpowered and I was playing with reasonably geared players but theres 0 chance I could even come close to doing that now.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<