• Curse Sites
Help

Arena is only available for "hardcore" players.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

they really need to take the requirement off of t1 weapons, and just buyable when you have enough pts

#42 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostConradical, on 28 December 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Being undergeared and queueing arena actually makes me want to stop PvPing altogether. Nothing is more discouraging than having your teammate die from 100-0 while you sit inside of an instant cast CC.

I don't like playing my warlock this season, and I can't even play my alts because I didn't level them instantly.

Spoiler
You guys are missing the point -- this isn't tournament play. Blizzard rewards players for competing every week so that the queue is consistant and you can actually pvp on demand. When I log on after work I want to kill a few noobs wearing shitty gear before I go to bed loling.

Besides, part of an RPG game is supposed to be itemization and planning, not just who instant cc's the other player first. So players who min/max the gearing system are defeating you over a 6 month period of you being inactive and rightfully so for a properly designed roleplay game.

#43 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 28 December 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

You guys are missing the point -- this isn't tournament play. Blizzard rewards players for competing every week so that the queue is consistant and you can actually pvp on demand. When I log on after work I want to kill a few noobs wearing shitty gear before I go to bed loling.

Besides, part of an RPG game is supposed to be itemization and planning, not just who instant cc's the other player first. So players who min/max the gearing system are defeating you over a 6 month period of you being inactive and rightfully so for a properly designed roleplay game.

did you miss the part where i said "it makes me want to stop pvping altogether" or did you choose to ignore it?

Spoiler

#44 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostConradical, on 28 December 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

did you miss the part where i said "it makes me want to stop pvping altogether" or did you choose to ignore it?

Spoiler
sorry. I completely understand how warlocks autoloss when it's "fresh 90" affliction vs "RBG geared" affliction. Learn to roleplay a peasant in order keep your account active.

#45 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Blizzard removing requirements for t1 weapon won't even help at this point, they have screwed this entire system up so badly.

#46 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Postthrudgel, on 29 December 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

sorry. I completely understand how warlocks autoloss when it's "fresh 90" affliction vs "RBG geared" affliction. Learn to roleplay a peasant in order keep your account active.

k.

#47 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1503
  • 3v3: 1573
  • 5v5: 1227
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostNelehx, on 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

people get full epic in 1 week = people complain that it's to easy to get gear "omg vanilla was better"
it takes 1 month to get a epic weapon = people complain that it's to hard to get gear

:confused: :confused: :confused:
the main point is not how long it takes to get the gear, but rather its that you're just fodder if you dont have the gear, even more now with pvp power and item upgrades.
if the gear was more normalized it wouldnt matter much how long it took to get full equips, since at least you wouldn't be roflstomped by every tard with 8x more conquest points acquired in the season.

Posted Image

#48 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Upgraded epic gear vs regular epic gear is insignificant (assuming you the weapons are upgraded) comparing to having blue gear + no weapon vs full epic gear.

Not having upgrades is managible, what really sucks is, not having a pvp weapon, 3-4 weeks is a huge wait, Once that's fixed the whole system is back to the way it was for everyone that started late in any of the previous 11 seasons.

Edited by Djandawg, 29 December 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#49 Nmplol

Nmplol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

and so, we shall go to war!

name the movie.

#50 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

View PostTalbadar, on 28 December 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

I started gearing my second Priest a couple weeks ago. As of last week (with 3-4 epics and full blue pvp gear) I didn't have an epic PvP weapon. Why? Because it's impossible to get one without acquiring enough conquest points. Using Recount I checked out how much damage I was doing against your average geared PvP player. I was actually doing 50% of the damage of my main Priest (full epics, and a few 2/2s). On top of doing HALF damage I take ~15% more damage from enemies and have 10% less health. It's like being half a player.

Would like to see them take 2/2 upgrades off conquest gear, but LEAVE it for honor gear so that players who want to be a little closer to the epic feeling can get there. Also... why increase points per week, but never change the point gains system? I made a post last year around this time about Season 11 balance, and I wrote about doing 7 rbgs a week on each character. Bump that up to 10 now. And since they screwed up arena/rbg conquest point counters sometimes I have to do all 10 of those rbg wins (with 2-3 losses in there). Makes me sad. Makes my alts sadder.

Although I want to point out: last expansion was the same deal with gear. With shitty gear you couldn't do much. Now, once you get T1: you feel just as disadvantaged. Before having T1 it is like Blizzard is trolling you now.

im not sure people understand what 1k spellpower by itself represents.

1k spellower out of a spriests usual 20kish depending on gems and whatever else is worth 5 percent more damage. but then you have 34 percent mastery haste crit. now factor in the refresh rates of shields like ice barrier and sacred shield or the passive healing of things. in order to GAIN momentum one must do a certain mathmatical # of damage and without gear and even t1 to t2 or even having t2 but not having the rest of your gear, you will do substantially less damage

we are all bitching but i guess since we cant play our alts all there is left to do is bitch about our alts.
also talb ur a bit spoiled because myself and friends who didnt play cata but are good players cant even find teams on our mains and we have t2. you at least could convince ppl to play with your alts to GET them gear

Edited by zzyzzyzz, 29 December 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#51 Typh

Typh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

not sure why they haven't changed gear system to tbc style system.

all epic offsets bought by honor.
all mainsets, upgrades and weps by conquest.
Posted Image

#52 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I skimmed some of this thread but I didn't see anyone mention...

RATING INFLATION

Yeah, it doesnt help for this season, but will this fix some of it for S13+?  It will slowly move the average rating higher so T2 becomes available to more people as the season goes on.  It will also make it so the conquest caps even out towards the end too, closing the gear gap.  Seems like that might help, or am I missing something?

To add my .02 for this season.  Started my alt Hpall late in the season.  Playing with quality players (without T2 though), it's hard to get to 2200 since everything in the 2k-2.2 range has T2 and the damage difference is insane.

Even with that, I'm not TOO disappointed.  The ladders seem to be more active than other seasons, and there are some benefits to not being able to play alts at the same gear level as your main.  Punishes FOTM rerollers too, which is a plus.  It does suck for people who can't play for weeks at a time because of RL obligations but tbh, I think the pros outweigh the cons there.

#53 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostTop, on 29 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

I skimmed some of this thread but I didn't see anyone mention...

RATING INFLATION

Yeah, it doesnt help for this season, but will this fix some of it for S13+?  It will slowly move the average rating higher so T2 becomes available to more people as the season goes on.  It will also make it so the conquest caps even out towards the end too, closing the gear gap.  Seems like that might help, or am I missing something?

To add my .02 for this season.  Started my alt Hpall late in the season.  Playing with quality players (without T2 though), it's hard to get to 2200 since everything in the 2k-2.2 range has T2 and the damage difference is insane.

Even with that, I'm not TOO disappointed.  The ladders seem to be more active than other seasons, and there are some benefits to not being able to play alts at the same gear level as your main.  Punishes FOTM rerollers too, which is a plus.  It does suck for people who can't play for weeks at a time because of RL obligations but tbh, I think the pros outweigh the cons there.
How does it stop FOTM reroller? FOTM rerolls for season rewards and they have plenty of time to get geared by until then. They'll just bot their gear but they really should add rating decay already.

#54 Top

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

If they have plenty of time to get geared, then there is no point to this thread.  DUCY?

#55 Rynd

Rynd
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2140

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

They have introduced the upgrades to make the queues more active... But it makes everyone to play rbgs.. And its needed 50k cp to get the gear.. So its like 4 months playing every week.. What kind of game do they want? Now its impossible to get off spec gear..

This game is getting worse everyday.. I dont know wtf blizzard is trying to do

#56 Keiret

Keiret
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

I don't really agree with the title. I'd like to consider myself to be a hardcore player; I currently cap points on 4 characters, 3 of them have between 2k-10k conquest points earned, and one has about 20k. Knowing that catching up on gear will be near impossible, considering the fact that most people are only halfway to fully 2/2 upgraded gear, is depressing to say the least.

With the "old system" -- even in cata -- I had no problems gearing up my characters mid season, or near the end of the season, and still be competitive. With the current system, since I missed about 2 months of conquest cap, I stand almost no chance against people who have capped their points each week, and this will carry on for way too long. I feel as my only choice is to wait until the next season and try not to miss any weeks then. This new system is probably the worst thing that has happened since the game was released, in my opinion.

#57 trolololz

trolololz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nagrand
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

would be great if someone can do the same thread on official forum

#58 nikeyla

nikeyla
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2104

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I must agree with this topic. Whole conquest earning and gearing is retarded.I've found playing my main priest terribly boring so i leveled an alt. But after some time i realised that i have no chance to be competitive with geared ppl on my alt and since i missed few weeks on my priest, I'm done with my priest also. Then i was in hospital so missed some more caps so this season ended for me.

This game's PvP is completely boring atm and forcing ppl play 20 games per char every week just because of hope it will get better isn't nice. All the random instadeaths,boring mechanics, most annoying gearing in wow history (oh why do you think there are so many bots?) etc.
I don't understand the point of minimum required cp to get weapons. Their argument was to not force PvErs go PvP for weapons, but PvErs get their weapons in first days/weeks (and ofc always ruined arenas with that).

Remove cp requirement for at least T1.
Give us more cp for a win.
Give us PvP weapons for honor.
Gear upgrading is bullshit.
Posted Image

#59 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 29 December 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Upgraded epic gear vs regular epic gear is insignificant (assuming you the weapons are upgraded) comparing to having blue gear + no weapon vs full epic gear.

Not having upgrades is managible, what really sucks is, not having a pvp weapon, 3-4 weeks is a huge wait, Once that's fixed the whole system is back to the way it was for everyone that started late in any of the previous 11 seasons.

Actually full upgraded vs. normal epics difference is huge. Due to resilience being way over 50%, it scales better and better for every % you get. So the difference between 67% and 68% resi means that enemy player would have to have ~5% more dmg to compensate for that extra resilience % you have (Im not going to present the math as you can do it yourself if you are truely interested). Basicly this is one of the biggest reasons why the difference between low geared and high geared is huge, in addition to pvp power.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#60 Enteyjin

Enteyjin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2572

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

loyal wow player or gtfo

0 user(s) are reading this topic