• Curse Sites
Help

Arena is only available for "hardcore" players.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Postrob-hype, on 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I have a second feral druid, I do fine in 1900 brack in 2s for my pt cap in questing greens.

You can still do fairly decent even with barely any gear, in short rise above and just play better. Run more cc based comps and try to find partners who have bothered grinding the gear.

At the end of the day this is a mmo, blizzards goal is to keep you farming, a smart goal for next season would be to gradually grind the gear on all your characters.

If your looking to push ratings etc, i would suggest picking a good comp/class you enjoy and trying it, it probably wont be viable on better bgs but its still doable. Or, just wait a month 2/4 for next season to come around and start fresh.
Why are you defending? Are you serious or?
His point wasn't that he is too shit to get 1900. His point is that his gear is way worse than any other player and it shouldn't be that difficult to get to the same gear level than other players since it is about competition and competition isn't fair if gear difference is this big.

#22 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

I decided to come back into the xpac too late :(. I managed 2100 running rmp without a t1 weapon (LFR upgraded). It feels reallly really shitty losing to bad players just because they have better gear. Knowing that it's going to take me at least a month and a half to have competitive gear is very disheartening.

#23 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Funny how arena got rid of the PvE gear problem and replaced it with a PvP gear problem.

Close, but no

Posted Image

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#24 Olushieq

Olushieq
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think its more than that, not only gear is a big factor (not having t1 shouldnt even be a thing), but also the fact, that around 2k mmr you pmuch only meet  arena master or higher lvl players, and more than half of the teams are people that already have t2 and 2.3k+ exp. Whenever I see a stream its like Reck/Mayo/zaddo vs yipz/don/vilefic and the mmr of their teams is 2.2k vs 2.3k.
How the fuck is an average player even supposed to have a chance? I play this game for a while and never had a problem with grinding my t2, but having to fight players like flubbah and his crew every second game to get it  doesnt seem fair at all (thats the sad story of my t2 grind this season)

My point is, that the game feels like bashing your head against the wall for more casual players,  not only because of the gear, but also because starting from 1.8k ladder is filled with players who play this game far too long and have too high exp and/or skill for their current ratings

#25 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

It's really not that it's more "hardcore" now. It's more like if you didn't play since the first few weeks, consistently, you can just fuck off.

The biggest problem is that the total amount of points required to be full geared is much more now, so the difference between you and the top geared people is even bigger, and it also takes (much) longer to reduce this gap. I mean a lot of the high rated players are still not even full 2/2 themselves, so if both you and them are still working on gear, that gap hasn't even started reducing yet. You won't even feel like your gear situation is improving compared to them, because they are still improving their gear as well.

It's a really fucking retarded system, and I'm sure it made LESS people play, not more like it was trying to. I doubt I'm the only one who thought halfway into a season "hey, maybe I should try PvP again... oh wait, jk, won't be fun being shit geared ALL THE FUCKING TIME". A counterproductive, stupid idea.

Edited by Thaya, 28 December 2012 - 04:44 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#26 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postrob-hype, on 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I have a second feral druid, I do fine in 1900 brack in 2s for my pt cap in questing greens.

You can still do fairly decent even with barely any gear, in short rise above and just play better. Run more cc based comps and try to find partners who have bothered grinding the gear.

At the end of the day this is a mmo, blizzards goal is to keep you farming, a smart goal for next season would be to gradually grind the gear on all your characters.

If your looking to push ratings etc, i would suggest picking a good comp/class you enjoy and trying it, it probably wont be viable on better bgs but its still doable. Or, just wait a month 2/4 for next season to come around and start fresh.

1900 in questing greens is bullshit unless you are playing with a geared friend in which case i agree fully... I played to 1900 in 2s with a warrior friend and half the games i didnt even dismount.

what hes saying is being dog useless for the first month of being 90 blows, grab another friend in quest greens, play some 2s, then come back and tell everyone to play better.

#27 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostNelehx, on 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

people get full epic in 1 week = people complain that it's to easy to get gear "omg vanilla was better"
it takes 1 month to get a epic weapon = people complain that it's to hard to get gear

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Vanilla PvP wasn't competitive, it was a grind. Also the problem atm isn't that its hard to get gear, its simply that if you fell behind, its virtually IMPOSSIBLE to catch up because of the gear upgrade system since it takes someone that started early the entire season to upgrade all his gear anyway.

Besides who ever said it was ever too easy to gear up on AJ? Would be kinda ludicrous considering a good portion of people here bot and most people actually enjoy pvp more when gear is equal all around.

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2324
  • 3v3: 1987
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Play better, simple as that.

If you aren't getting carried by gear, make up for it with skill.

If you are stuck in the 1400 bracket, that's your own problem.
Posted Image
Spoiler

#29 Boetard

Boetard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 2261
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostUsingg, on 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

cos MoP arena is so much about skill right.
Basically without gear you cant even show any kind of skill, because you just lose on default vs any geared (warrior) team. Either you go oom or you just die instantly. Having no gear doesnt allow you to show skill, because you will have to randomly pop CDs to survive e.g. , which follows the enemy triggering his real CDs afterwards, and you are fucked without being able to do anything. :)

#30 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostOlushieq, on 28 December 2012 - 12:38 AM, said:

I think its more than that, not only gear is a big factor (not having t1 shouldnt even be a thing), but also the fact, that around 2k mmr you pmuch only meet  arena master or higher lvl players, and more than half of the teams are people that already have t2 and 2.3k+ exp. Whenever I see a stream its like Reck/Mayo/zaddo vs yipz/don/vilefic and the mmr of their teams is 2.2k vs 2.3k.
How the fuck is an average player even supposed to have a chance? I play this game for a while and never had a problem with grinding my t2, but having to fight players like flubbah and his crew every second game to get it  doesnt seem fair at all (thats the sad story of my t2 grind this season)

My point is, that the game feels like bashing your head against the wall for more casual players,  not only because of the gear, but also because starting from 1.8k ladder is filled with players who play this game far too long and have too high exp and/or skill for their current ratings
It's much easier to get 2.2k rating on Cyclone / Misery than the current BG you are playing on.

#31 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Also, if you have no gear, you don't actually do comparable damage to anyone.  What does an incredible CC chain matter when you're undergeared and the enemy warrior does more damage than the two of you combined, just by hitting the buttons that light up?  Or when minor defensive cds or passive abilities are enough to keep people alive through your worthless damage until their healer gets one global free?

Edited by Toitles, 28 December 2012 - 07:56 PM.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#32 Trevo

Trevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1340

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Agreed with the OP, especially since I am playing the game very casually, sucks balls to be behind in the gear so much. Especially because I don't want to play RBG's for higher cap either, makes me a sad panda.
Kebabman's everything

#33 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostBigmoran, on 28 December 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Funny how arena got rid of the PvE gear problem and replaced it with a PvP gear problem.

Close, but no

Posted Image

Looks like your finger
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#34 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

The current system is in place so you wont get those few weeks when you got full gear, already above the gladiator cut and wonder why the fuck you play this game.

Instead now you will play week after week, knowing if you slack some you will be the rest of the season behind others.

Never question why you play the game or you might quit ..
<poliisi mies kerho>

#35 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostPolizei, on 28 December 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

The current system is in place so you wont get those few weeks when you got full gear, already above the gladiator cut and wonder why the fuck you play this game.

Instead now you will play week after week, knowing if you slack some you will be the rest of the season behind others.

Never question why you play the game or you might quit ..

i question why i play this game because i am always behind in gear

#36 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

It's ok phishy, I know that feeling.

#37 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostUsingg, on 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

get real, quit arguing just to argue
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#38 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

even if you have full gear finding good players is also impossible if you are just say returning to the game. more to the point if you DONT have good gear and are just returning to the game you will ask yourself "am i bad?"

you may or may not be bad but you wont know because gear is THAT IMPORTANT atm. t2 wep plus full body slots accounts for momentum. momentum leads to winning and winning in mop many times is NOT a close match but a complete rout when one side just gained more momentum then the other and rode it to victory. its similar to ATC vs say godcomp. if you scatter trap a shaman/druid and shockwave silence the spriest. your not taking any damage. now the pally sprints (actually sprints) into hoj blind repent and again because they do SO much more damage your counter cds wont even do anything because they win a cd trade off damge vs damage and to "reset" you simply are dispersing at low health. your healer is still in cc and he must trinket AND u must disperse just because of this massive instant cc chain momentum

i just cant fathom how gear ever became so important

Edited by zzyzzyzz, 28 December 2012 - 11:17 PM.

#39 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I started gearing my second Priest a couple weeks ago. As of last week (with 3-4 epics and full blue pvp gear) I didn't have an epic PvP weapon. Why? Because it's impossible to get one without acquiring enough conquest points. Using Recount I checked out how much damage I was doing against your average geared PvP player. I was actually doing 50% of the damage of my main Priest (full epics, and a few 2/2s). On top of doing HALF damage I take ~15% more damage from enemies and have 10% less health. It's like being half a player.

Would like to see them take 2/2 upgrades off conquest gear, but LEAVE it for honor gear so that players who want to be a little closer to the epic feeling can get there. Also... why increase points per week, but never change the point gains system? I made a post last year around this time about Season 11 balance, and I wrote about doing 7 rbgs a week on each character. Bump that up to 10 now. And since they screwed up arena/rbg conquest point counters sometimes I have to do all 10 of those rbg wins (with 2-3 losses in there). Makes me sad. Makes my alts sadder.

Although I want to point out: last expansion was the same deal with gear. With shitty gear you couldn't do much. Now, once you get T1: you feel just as disadvantaged. Before having T1 it is like Blizzard is trolling you now.

#40 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Being undergeared and queueing arena actually makes me want to stop PvPing altogether. Nothing is more discouraging than having your teammate die from 100-0 while you sit inside of an instant cast CC.

I don't like playing my warlock this season, and I can't even play my alts because I didn't level them instantly.

Spoiler

Edited by Conradical, 28 December 2012 - 11:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<