• Curse Sites
Help

Arena is only available for "hardcore" players.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 trolololz

trolololz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nagrand
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hey,

I just hit lvl 90 with my main character and i realised something.
Pvp Power on weapon and Gear upgrade system are going to make "casual" players stop the game.

So now, i have the blue gear with some epics parts but i don't have the T1 weapon, so, that means I have to wait 1 month before being able to play a bit ?
I tried some arenas, i'm getting completely owned by noobs at 1400 rating because they have the pvp weapon and i don't.
No one want to take me for RBG because i don't have T1.
I can't enjoy any BGs/Duel and even outdoor pvp.

I just figured out that you can upgrade your gear during the season. Why they implanted that system ?

So if you want to stop the game for some weeks or months during the season and come back later, you are fucked ?
If you have a lot of alts like me, you are fucked and can't gear them ?

This is by far the worst idea they had since the beginning of the game, now you have to play every weeks otherwise you can stop the game.
Even for a "hardcore" player this system is shit, i mean, playing every weeks on every characters ?

Blizzard developers reached the highest level of human stupidity with this idea

Edited by trolololz, 27 December 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#2 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yes, Blizzard are bunch of mongoloids, we've come to that conclusion plenty of times. Sorry bro but you got "fucked by the systsem".

Posted Image

You can't really do anything but wait till another season.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#3 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1712
  • 3v3: 2476
  • 5v5: 1934
  • RBG: 2119
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I have a second feral druid, I do fine in 1900 brack in 2s for my pt cap in questing greens.

You can still do fairly decent even with barely any gear, in short rise above and just play better. Run more cc based comps and try to find partners who have bothered grinding the gear.

At the end of the day this is a mmo, blizzards goal is to keep you farming, a smart goal for next season would be to gradually grind the gear on all your characters.

If your looking to push ratings etc, i would suggest picking a good comp/class you enjoy and trying it, it probably wont be viable on better bgs but its still doable. Or, just wait a month 2/4 for next season to come around and start fresh.
Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#4 Xombz

Xombz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/0/1/1/0

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yeah upon reading the patch notes I face palmed so hard looking at this upgrade bullshit, the honor upgrades should be 1/3 the cost they are now. I'm in the same spot as you on my alt and on my main T2 climbs are hard to come by because of my FEW missing epics due to quitting for a while at the start of the season (people are picky). Being a warrior totally regret quitting for the short time I did, but the game shouldn't be that way imo.

I mean I can't really decide if this expansion is that much better than cata. Disappointed with upgrading mostly.

Edited by Halez, 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#5 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Actually hype, this is very true. I started this season two months late and I'm very undergeared due to that. I do well with my partners and can normally hit around 1900+, but to get to the point, I needed to grind out a long time of bgs to even get the gear to compete. It sucks because I work a full time job + my own company, so I don't have all the time in the world to be grinding out arenas/bgs to hit over 2200 this season - _ -;

#6 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

View Postrob-hype, on 27 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

I have a second feral druid, I do fine in 1900 brack in 2s for my pt cap in questing greens.

You can still do fairly decent even with barely any gear, in short rise above and just play better. Run more cc based comps and try to find partners who have bothered grinding the gear.

At the end of the day this is a mmo, blizzards goal is to keep you farming, a smart goal for next season would be to gradually grind the gear on all your characters.

If your looking to push ratings etc, i would suggest picking a good comp/class you enjoy and trying it, it probably wont be viable on better bgs but its still doable. Or, just wait a month 2/4 for next season to come around and start fresh.
Yes by adding 2/2 upgrades I kept my account active for an extra couple months more than usual. Blizzard masters of addiction.

Also best advice like he said wait till next season start. There is no point in competing halfway through the season because of the system design + rbg cap

P.S. Anyone want 2 druids in mostly 2/2 gear to push gladiator. Also, next season I need to make an arrangement so that I can stay geared.

Edited by thrudgel, 27 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#7 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I just play with a frost mage in 2s for cap on alts.

I can normally wait in the starting room until somethings dead and then help out on the 2nd person.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#8 vindz

vindz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • 3v3: 2442
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Posttrolololz, on 27 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hey,

I just hit lvl 90 with my main character and i realised something.
Pvp Power on weapon and Gear upgrade system are going to make "casual" players stop the game.

So now, i have the blue gear with some epics parts but i don't have the T1 weapon, so, that means I have to wait 1 month before being able to play a bit ?
I tried some arenas, i'm getting completely owned by noobs at 1400 rating because they have the pvp weapon and i don't.
No one want to take me for RBG because i don't have T1.
I can't enjoy any BGs/Duel and even outdoor pvp.

I just figured out that you can upgrade your gear during the season. Why they implanted that system ?

So if you want to stop the game for some weeks or months during the season and come back later, you are fucked ?
If you have a lot of alts like me, you are fucked and can't gear them ?

This is by far the worst idea they had since the beginning of the game, now you have to play every weeks otherwise you can stop the game.
Even for a "hardcore" player this system is shit, i mean, playing every weeks on every characters ?

Blizzard developers reached the highest level of human stupidity with this idea

Hey man, I understand you but this isnt right. My 2nd priest had full blue gear @ 2300 rating. blue hc wep etc.
Its hard finding partners when you have shit gear, You just have to play on all ur chars every week to keep them up to date on gear.

GL

#9 Nelehx

Nelehx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

people get full epic in 1 week = people complain that it's to easy to get gear "omg vanilla was better"
it takes 1 month to get a epic weapon = people complain that it's to hard to get gear

:confused: :confused: :confused:
swe ofc ^^

#10 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Yes by adding 2/2 upgrades I kept my account active for an extra couple months more than usual. Blizzard masters of addiction.

Also best advice like he said wait till next season start. There is no point in competing halfway through the season because of the system design + rbg cap

P.S. Anyone want 2 druids in mostly 2/2 gear to push gladiator. Also, next season I need to make an arrangement so that I can stay geared.

If you don't mind doing stealth cleave, come to me ;) But I'm Alliance atm and I have a resto druid healer already.

#11 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostNelehx, on 27 December 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

people get full epic in 1 week = people complain that it's to easy to get gear "omg vanilla was better"
it takes 1 month to get a epic weapon = people complain that it's to hard to get gear

:confused: :confused: :confused:

pve =/= pvp
it should be hard to get good gear in pve and extremely easy to get good pvp gear.

#12 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I agree that the new system for PvP is complete shit. They need to take the upgrades out, or make getting full upgrade cost about 25% of what it costs now.

I think balance is way better than cata with what they've done and with what's on the table to come, but the gear is a huge freaking deal now. And they've made it harder than ever to get gear if you start late at all.

Sure maybe if you're an amazing player you can succeed with or get decent ratings at least sub par gear, but for most average joes just playing along against other average joes the gear is a really big deal.

#13 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

another thing that is IMHO stupid is the 20 itmlvl difference between blue honor gear and epic one from conquest. Add that to no pvp honor weapon what so ever and there you are, forced to play for cap every fuckin week on all your toons. so stupid. Also bring back the 5 wins = cap done as in start of cata: that was just awesome. i cba clownin 20 games in toons in 2s for cap
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Gear needs to be a bigger factor so your not stuck at 1400 rating like ever with t1.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#15 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostJacquelol, on 27 December 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

Gear needs to be a bigger factor so your not stuck at 1400 rating like ever with t1.
how are you stuck at 1400 with t1?

#16 Kraftyy

Kraftyy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1506

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

youre looking for someone to play one , or both, of your druids?
Sometimes I sometimes when I sometimes, but not all the time.

#17 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostKraftyy, on 27 December 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

youre looking for someone to play one , or both, of your druids?
i c wut you did thar, i think

#18 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostPawzz, on 27 December 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

how are you stuck at 1400 with t1?

View Posttrolololz, on 27 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

apparently someone is stuck at 1400 with t1.

EDIT: NOT Trolololz but the people he is vsing.

Edited by Jacquelol, 27 December 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#19 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

i assure you t1 is not enough lol. people with t2 in the 1800s will stomp you so hard and fast that learning the game will be hard as hell for any newcomer

#20 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

View Postzzyzzyzz, on 27 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

i assure you t1 is not enough lol. people with t2 in the 1800s will stomp you so hard and fast that learning the game will be hard as hell for any newcomer

Pshh, T2 upgrade vs T1 is huge this season. I was stuck at 2100 RLS/RPD for like two weeks because of this. Still haven't been able to get T2 because of starting this season so fucking late and then the "upgrade" stuff came out and will make it even worse to get passed 2200 so late into the season. I'm still going to try so I can just stomp on kids next season any ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<