#1 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm stumped on what to do. Currently trying to get to 2.2k in 3v3 with my good friends who play HPala and Enhance shaman with me on a WW. We're all slightly undergeared compared to most other people because me and my shaman friend have both lost out on about 4-5 weeks worth of points on our characters, and it's starting to really make us lose motivation when we know we're playing better than the enemy team and we just get globalled in a few seconds. We've even beat the rank 1 team at one point, but now they're starting to get fully upgraded gear (with elite gear obviously) - and they can just look at us and we die pretty much.

We came up against a feral druid, bm hunter disc priest, and I on my monk got pounced, and literally 2 seconds later I was dead. I got crit by Ferocious Bite for 117k; never mind the other shit.

What can we do? What can I do? Here's my armory, don't think our team has updated however. Really just trying to figure out what the fuck to do until 5.2. It's depressing that we can't get past 2050. Whenever we get to that rating, we lose to some bullshit comp and drop 25 points in one game because on our battlegroup, everyone is about 1800 regardless of gear somehow. :)))))
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Shells

Shells
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Gem full resil and turtle all game when ever they have any CDs up. I tried to armory but your in pve gear. Looked at your shamans armory it looks good though.

I feel you though I got my enhance alt up a month ago and your right it's brutal people don't even needs CDs and you die instantly. At least the new season isn't to far away .

#3 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostShells, on 28 December 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Gem full resil and turtle all game when ever they have any CDs up. I tried to armory but your in pve gear. Looked at your shamans armory it looks good though.

I feel you though I got my enhance alt up a month ago and your right it's brutal people don't even needs CDs and you die instantly. At least the new season isn't to far away .

Yeah I'm gemming 320 resil in yellow and agi/pvp power + 160 resil in others. Should I ignore the agi set bonuses and just gem pure resil in those slots do you think? I'll try and log out in PvP gear from now on.

We've also discussed just kiting it out during the enemy teams CDs (which we do now as well, but to a lesser extent I suppose). My shaman was talking about how there apparently is a huge difference between EU and US pillar-usage and others tunneling you though, not sure to what extent it was but it was interesting to listen to.

Thanks for replying. :)

#4 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 957

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

I too am in the same "near impossible to get 2.2 no matter what I try" boat. The highest I've been this season was 2095, now I tanked to 1970 in just two nights (of nothing but KFC / kitty cleave with my partners who decide to team hop and destroy their mmr... anyways).

From what I've seen, this season has been about team hoping and just playing, everyone on my server (/guild) who has gotten their T2 / full melev gear is now not currently on a 2.2k team and just team hop and play at 19xx mmr. This makes it even harder for us who are 4 weeks behind. We fight nothing but T2 full melev players who don't care anymore and just team hop, and with this season being as gear dependent as it is this is particularly devastating.

My plan is continue playing, and pushing for 2.2, to try and convince my partners to not team hop, and to hope that when the near end of the season comes, the gear discrepancy will drop off a bit, and 2.3k+ players won't be playing at 1900 mmr and that 2.2 will be achievable.

So I would just hold out, build team synergy, learn the intricacies of playing WW monk (how often do you Zen Med cc that would otherwise  land on your healer? etc) and hope for the best. At least we have 5.2 to hold out for, and from the way it sounds 5.2 will be pretty solid for monks.

My armory: http://us.battle.net...Boogzlol/simple

Edited by Zigo, 29 December 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#5 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostZigo, on 29 December 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

I too am in the same "near impossible to get 2.2 no matter what I try" boat. The highest I've been this season was 2095, now I tanked to 1970 in just two nights (of nothing but KFC / kitty cleave with my partners who decide to team hop and destroy their mmr... anyways).

From what I've seen, this season has been about team hoping and just playing, everyone on my server (/guild) who has gotten their T2 / full melev gear is now not currently on a 2.2k team and just team hop and play at 19xx mmr. This makes it even harder for us who are 4 weeks behind. We fight nothing but T2 full melev players who don't care anymore and just team hop, and with this season being as gear dependent as it is this is particularly devastating.

My plan is continue playing, and pushing for 2.2, to try and convince my partners to not team hop, and to hope that when the near end of the season comes, the gear discrepancy will drop off a bit, and 2.3k+ players won't be playing at 1900 mmr and that 2.2 will be achievable.

So I would just hold out, build team synergy, learn the intricacies of playing WW monk (how often do you Zen Med cc that would otherwise  land on your healer? etc) and hope for the best. At least we have 5.2 to hold out for, and from the way it sounds 5.2 will be pretty solid for monks.

My armory: http://us.battle.net...Boogzlol/simple

Thank you for posting man, you pretty much filled in the blanks in my post. We're in the exact same situation with the other teams who were 2.2k now being sub 2k (and not being able to break it again, with full gear) and all that.

Hopefully it'll be better soon. I do have to ask how often do you find yourself using Healing Spheres, if at all?

#6 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

I normally start out by placing port and putting healing spheres on top (either for me or my healer to use if they get opened on) Then throughout the game I use them rarely. I will say if you are kiting using them in your path is not a bad thing to do and I find my self doing it from time to time (expel harm not criting and chi wave not bouncing = pretty crap self heals while kiting)

Edited by Zigo, 30 December 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#7 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

View PostZigo, on 30 December 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

I normally start out by placing port and putting healing spheres on top (either for me or my healer to use if they get opened on) Then throughout the game I use them rarely. I will say if you are kiting using them in your path is not a bad thing to do and I find my self doing it from time to time (expel harm not criting and chi wave not bouncing = pretty crap self heals while kiting)

Thank you for the answers! Any idea if the orb heal scales after they've been put down? I can't test it right now.

Will be trying out RShaman BM Hunter WW Monk in threes come next reset (again, super undergeared), see how that goes.

#8 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

BM monk healer works pretty well (think kfc - the burst is replaced with just pure sustained from the monk) You might want to try to take chi brew for some solid finishing power. I've not played with a shaman this season (all the good ones are taken) but I've tried hpal and rdruid and I just feel hpal is better (unless the rdruid is a beast) but rsham I think could work very well.

#9 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

View PostZigo, on 30 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

BM monk healer works pretty well (think kfc - the burst is replaced with just pure sustained from the monk) You might want to try to take chi brew for some solid finishing power. I've not played with a shaman this season (all the good ones are taken) but I've tried hpal and rdruid and I just feel hpal is better (unless the rdruid is a beast) but rsham I think could work very well.

I dunno about Chi Brew, I really like Ascension. Chi Brew would make me able to use ToK if focused from ranged when Expel Harm is on CD, sure, but other than that I feel like I don't have troubles actually getting chi to finish people off.

Speaking of - has anyone given Crackling Jade Lightning a real chance on Dalaran and Blades Edge? I really want the knockback to be used but I can't seem to find the time to use it and position myself/the target accordingly to knock them off. :(

#10 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Ya I find CJL to only knockback sometimes... its weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<