RBG boosting exploit

RBG boosting exploit bug

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matah

Matah
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

A russian guy recently posted an autotranslated explanation on how rbg wintrading can be abused to inflate ratings to absurd amounts (3.5k and above)

http://eu.battle.net...opic/6160898751

They seem to have a whole system set up, but most of it is fairly common sense apart from a particular mechanic:

The "Lebanon" means that all raid members (except for the Checker) Press the "go to the battlefield" and immediately press alt + f4 (or any macro that you immediately throw out the game). Thus on the one hand, you went to the ratings battle, and the other - on the very field of battle you progruzilis. If you close the game in this way you will not come online until the game is on the battlefield (which will monitor checker) - you will not remove personal rating.

Apparently if you alt+f4 during the loading screen, the result of the game will not affect your rating.

Is this a known exploit? I've never heard of it before myself. If this holds up it deserves immediate attention.

#2 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

inb4 i see people doing this
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#3 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

This "exploit" has been in the game since ... forever. It's the "standard" method of boosting, at least for ze russians.

Imo i doubt blizz will do anything about it considering they haven't done anything about it until now, and in the long run i don't think it ruins anything. I mean who cares if joe-random gets hes 2.2k wep or a higher conq cap?

It's not like rbgs are oh so uber fun and their is such an intense and close fought ladder for them.

#4 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

"rbg" instantly means nobody(including devs) cares.

the entire thing has been one big exploitfest since day one
Posted Image

#5 Cruizex

Cruizex
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/0/0/2/.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Russia is like Europe's Brazil.

You're not doing the community any good by bringing this up since nobody is really doing it on NA servers atm that I've heard of. Keep this shit on EU official forums or something. Don't bring it here.

Delete thread plox.

#6 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostCruizex, on 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Delete thread plox.

Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#7 Gravity0123

Gravity0123
  • Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Blizzard will fix it.

#8 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostCruizex, on 27 December 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Russia is like Europe's Brazil.

You're not doing the community any good by bringing this up since nobody is really doing it on NA servers atm that I've heard of. Keep this shit on EU official forums or something. Don't bring it here.

Delete thread plox.

Its the biggest flaw with the system the only people who dont want it fixing are the people taking advantage of the system. The sellers and the buyers.

The best way to get it fixed is to make it more public so more people do it then blizzard are forced to fix it.

I had a guy in my guild trying to tell me he pugged 1900-2600 last night with a group of rbg-eu.com. The sellers and wintraders are even advertising on there.

I really hope blizzard remove the rewards from doing rbgs, seen so many people that have bought a boost these days is beyond retarded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<