Gaming Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Hello, i have been having some issues with my internet, i called my ISP done some fixes, but still its not stable, they told me to try different router, cus i have singal all time then suddenly i get some request time out in a row which causes me to DC.

I was thinking to buy new router since mine is 6years+ old, its net gear.

So what is best router out there to be ( yet not expensive ) for gaming, what does it mean gaming router? also i see some router has Dual Band, what does it mean? can you recommend one?

Thank you.
Posted Image

#2 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

The rule of thumb is that anything labeled "gaming" is probably overpriced and a bit shitty.  Any router that is not a steaming pile of shit will work for you.

"Dual band" refers to a technique for 802.11 wireless.  Specifically it usually means that you can have devices connected on 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies at the same time.  If your computer is not connected to wireless, you really don't care about this.

I personally have some refurb cisco (somewhat shit) e2500 or e1500 or something.  Doesn't really matter.

Now it could be that the ISP is wrong and your router is in fact not the issue.  Hard to say.  :\
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#3 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ok thank you
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<