Help

Arena raiting change

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AztekCro

AztekCro
  • Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Can someone please explain how arena raiting change is calculate? I am really phissed off with fact that for every victory I made I gain from 1-20 raiting change (most usualy 6). No matter what enemies matchmaking value is I always get 1-20 raiting change. On the other hand, when opponents win they usualy get 96 raiting change. Once again, not deppending of current team raitings. I would really appreciate answer. Otherwise I am considering sending wow and blizzard to "that place". ;-P

Thanks in advance.

#2 phunk

phunk
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

if you have a very high mmr and just have created your team you will notice you win "96" rating as you say, until you start losing and you eventually end up at your peak and start win less and less as your win % start to go down and you end up where you should be for the moment in rating.

#3 AztekCro

AztekCro
  • Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

View Postphunk, on 25 December 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

if you have a very high mmr and just have created your team you will notice you win "96" rating as you say, until you start losing and you eventually end up at your peak and start win less and less as your win % start to go down and you end up where you should be for the moment in rating.

I'm afraid I do not follow you. At the moment I am cca 1350 raiting. How to get to raiting 1500? If I need 10 victories to get +50 and during the process I lose few games, after 15 games I am at the place where  I started. It seems impossible for me to reach ranking 1500. I can't imagine how someone get raiting 2000 and more. Futhermore, let me stress out few situations.
1. Me (ranking 1300) win over opponent (ranking 1100) - I get +6 rating change.
2. Me (ranking 1300) win over opponent (ranking 1525) - I get +8 rating change.
3. Opponent (ranking 1600) win over me (ranking 1300) - He gets +96 rating change.
4. Opponent (ranking 1300) win over me (ranking 1300) - He gets + 96 rating change.

One of these four scenarios happens in 90% cases. Rarely, opponent gets +14 for win. And I get +96 only when opponent does not show in arena.

If everything is exactly as supose to be, then I need to be best gladiator and to win 9 out of 10 matches to reach ranking 1500 in decent amount of time.

#4 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

If you create a new team, you will gain 96 rating per win until your team rating gets close to your MMR.  Once you've gotten close to your MMR, you will gain fewer points.

In order to get to a higher team rating, you will need to improve your MMR.  You can do this by chaining together wins against opponents, particularly those who have a higher MMR than you do.  If you lose to someone with a lower MMR, then it will take much longer to raise your own MMR.  Consistency is the key.

The system tries to match your team rating with your MMR, so the further away your team rating is from your MMR the more points you will gain/lose with each win/loss.  I believe the cap is 96 points per match.

The ratings displayed at the end of each match reflect each players' MMR, not their actual team rating.
The points gained/lost displayed at the end of each match reflect each players' team rating, not their MMR.

Edited by Synkz, 26 December 2012 - 12:19 AM.

#5 AztekCro

AztekCro
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Although this sounds logical I still have doubts. For example, sometimes I run on same opponents for 3-4 matches in a row. We both make 2 wins each and still they receive that magical 96 points. Shouldn't they receive less since they lost previous match to me? And it is hard to belive for me that all those opponents who managed to win are on such good run or they just started to play. I run on them in 90% of time.
Bah, it seems this will stay mistery for me. Same as my doubts that horde has advantage in fight over alliance. I cannot prove it, but it is way to odd how battlegroup are being formed always in favor of horde...

Anyway, thx for your assistance.

#6 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostAztekCro, on 26 December 2012 - 12:41 AM, said:

Although this sounds logical I still have doubts. For example, sometimes I run on same opponents for 3-4 matches in a row. We both make 2 wins each and still they receive that magical 96 points. Shouldn't they receive less since they lost previous match to me?

Because they have low team rating. The rating change you see in the endscreen of an arenagame is the team rating. If they had 1600 mmr, but 1300 rating, they'd gain somewhere around 50 rating (wild guess), but if they were on 0 rating with 1600 mmr, they'd gain 96.
The closer your team rating gets to your mmr, the less you gain. If your team rating is higher than the mmr, you'll lose more than you gain. Say you're 1500 rated on 1300 mmr, you'll gain like 6 for a win, but you'll lose more like 20.

Basically the mmr tries to get your team rating as close to the mmr as possible, if that helps at all.
Posted Image

#7 AztekCro

AztekCro
  • Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Thx all for your help. Blizzard also sent me link where it is explained, same as here:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820952130 (I cannot put link just yet, by the rule of this site)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<