[Death Knight] DK's in 5.x - 2H or DW?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 7alisman

7alisman
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Back story, I typically play 2s and 3s.

So, I am having a bit of an issue deciding on where to go with respect to my DK. Please understand I am presently playing casually, but I do intend to start working on my rating moving forward.

Here's the deal: Dual wield or 2H?

The reason I ask, is presently I am without a PVP weapon. As a result, I use my PVE weapons. I presently have 2 510 Elgions, or a 496 Starshatter.

Being of the classic train of thought I originally didn't even consider DW, as the obvious issues with Necrotic Strike. However, with there being such a large disparity in the ilvl, I gave my DW a shot. I noticed an immediate improvement in output (masterfrost 2/ BT vs 2H OB centric rotations).

However, with the swap to PVP weapons I'll take a rather large ilvl hit, and I am not sure if the increased scaling from mastery with DW +razorice would outbalance the reported scaling of PVP power with 2H nectoric strike absorbs

Perhaps a pro/con list? Anyone who has any insight on the matter care to chime in?

Thank you in advance.

#2 Emuu

Emuu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Get the 2h weapon so you can try out unholy, it is much more effective in Arena as Frost. Also i would love to try out dw with t2 arena weapons, just for fun. I remember playing dw pre patch of mop. I enjoyed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<