#1 Gerzhul

Gerzhul
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

hey guys so i got bored one day and rolled a dk and i actually like it so i'm taking him to 90.  right now i'm 88 doing bgs to level to try and learn more about how to actually pvp with a death knight.  I'm playing frost and have a few questions.  

-Am i supposed to be in unholy or frost presence when not being focus?
-Mastery or haste for frost
-I've noticed that dks the same level or lower level than me can hit  alot harder than i'm hitting them...  -the other day i was doing a SotA and a level 85 dk jumped off the boat and slapped me for 3 55ks in a row and i could hardly get a 25k on him (with my cds popped) is there a secret i'm not aware of that the good dks know that i don't?  right now my normal opener is outbreak 3 obliterates and frost strike spam building up blood tap.

thats all i can think of now i'm sure someone will bring something up later or i'll find something else in a bg to ask thanks in advance guys
Posted Image
I am Mage - Play Free Online Games

Posted Image

#2 Durotann

Durotann
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

I can't really answer any of your DK questions, but the 85 DK you fought was probably in cataclysmic gear. With the way stat scaling works, he was probably sitting at around 20-25% pvp power and 65% damage reduction where as you were probably in leveling gear giving you 0 pvp power and 0 resil allowing him to hit you harder than you could hit him.

#3 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'll just answer your questions numerically:

1) Frost, because of better rune generaton, 15% less duration on CCs and it reduces the frost strike cost by 15 runic power.

2) I find this to be a question of preference; personally I run mastery because I like to see them big numbers on my screen.

3) If you're in full PvE-gear, then the puzzle is already solved. With full PvP gear @ 85, I'm guessing he's somewhere around 65% resilience, and adding to that he also has some PvP power.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<