Improving Shadow Priests in PvP?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dwarfhater

Dwarfhater
  • Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Hey guys,

this is my first post here, so I'm sorry if it's off topic. I'm probably just going to post in this topic it at all, so sorry for not ... I don't know, gathering posts and reputation to post it in the PvP forums?

I hate dwarfs.

Feel free to paste / copy this thread and post it in the priest forums, if you think it includes some good ideas, but for now, I'm looking forward to see some opinions at least in this thread!

I played a Shadow Priest in BC and they already there had some issues. I had some good ideas in mind on how you could improve them and some of them actually went live, so I was quite happy to see that there are more people out there who think likewise.

Now I have some ideas again. What do you think about these?

1. Give the Shadow Priest the ability to swap the position with the Shadow Fiend.

It would be great, because with that ability we would be able to escape from melees, who are our greatest threat right now. We could also get in the healers range to fear them, or simply catch up with the flagcarrier, or the cars in some BG's.

In my eyes, it wouldn't be overpowered, because the Shadow Fiend is on a longer CD and in some fights we would sacrifice a lot of mana, since the Shadow Fiend could end up in a bad spot.
We would also have to invest more thoughts into the fights, since we would have to prioitize. (Is that how you write the word? Sorry, English is not my native language and yes, I do hate dwarfs).

2. Give the Power Word: Shield a knockback of 6-8 yards, when it gets destroyed or dispelled.

Again, we have the biggest problems with melees. When they destroy the shield ... and that happens quite fast, since the shield doesn't scale with the abilities / damage / everything else you had in Vanilla and BC ... However, when they destroy it, they would get a knockback and we would have the opportunity to gain distance, or cast something, while they're still believing that they can fly.

Would it be overpowered? In my opinion it wouldn't, since melees have more than enough ways to get close to us again and I don't think that it would bother casters that much.

3. Let the Shadoworbs regenerate automatically. 20 seconds per orb = one minute for three of them.

It would help us out, since we would be more versatile when it comes to the beginning of the fight. Against good opponents it's pretty damn hard to get an Vampiric Touch to get the damage rolling.
Don't get me started on warriors. They chop half of my health away, before I have an orb to dismantle them out of pure desperation.

Would it be OP? No, since when the fight really starts, we have enough orbs anyway, since we get proccs from the dots.
At the beginning of the arena, or the battleground or the duel - not so much. And 20 seconds per dot is really not that much.

4. Give us the old Vampiric Embrace back. The new one is pretty damn garbage.

Give us the old Vampiric Embrace back. The new one is pretty damn garbage.
PS: I hate dwarfs.

Please keep in mind that this is no mimiqqmimi-thread. I'm not screaming for Shadow Priest buffs, to make them more imba.
I think that Shadow Priests now as they are are the most balanced spec out there, but these few things from above. They just seem to be right in my eyes.

What is your take on it guys?
Would you as Shadow Priests like having these abilities?
Would you as a non Shadow Priest think that it's way too overpowered?
Would you as a %§$%& dwarf player please get the $§%§$" off?

I'm looking foward to your opinion.
Thank you all in advance!

#2 RavageDionne

RavageDionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

You sound like you want to be a mage. Reroll if you want to destroy melee and ranged. Every class needs it's counter. If you're letting a melee open on you, you're playing wrong. Survival > Damage.

Enter the nightmare, this future does implore,
A techno city state, a prison nothing more.
Rounded up like cattle, you're forced in to the trains,
Nothing that you've ever known will bring you so much pain.

Posted Image

#3 Dwarfhater

Dwarfhater
  • Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostRavageDionne, on 23 December 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

You sound like you want to be a mage. Reroll if you want to destroy melee and ranged. Every class needs it's counter. If you're letting a melee open on you, you're playing wrong. Survival > Damage.

Well dear RavageDionne (luckily you're not a dwarf) ...

Shadow Priests used to be tanks in cloth. I was able to tank 3 warriors on my, simply because they didn't get any rage because of the shield. Nowdays one bad warrior is able to demolish me, simply because of the way Shadows are currently.

The ridiculous Shadow Priest tanking is gone, while they gained abilities which allow them to kite some enemies, but let's be honest ... we're not really able to kite anyone. Fade helps us out a bit, but it doesn't help us reducing the damage from melees on us.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

I wouldn't advise advocating Shadow Priest buffs here. You won't find many likeminded people. Shadow, as it is right now, is in a really good spot. If anything, they need some reduction in team-sustain. I'm no expert on Shadow though, so I won't comment on that.
Posted Image

#5 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

shadow is one of(arguably the) best PvP spec in arena right now

I'd honestly hate to be an rsham vs any melee cleave without an SP on my team atm.
Posted Image

#6 RavageDionne

RavageDionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostDwarfhater, on 23 December 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Shadow Priests used to be tanks in cloth.

Clothies aren't supposed to be tanks? Duh?
Don't be stupid.

Enter the nightmare, this future does implore,
A techno city state, a prison nothing more.
Rounded up like cattle, you're forced in to the trains,
Nothing that you've ever known will bring you so much pain.

Posted Image

#7 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostRavageDionne, on 23 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Clothies aren't supposed to be tanks? Duh?
Don't be stupid.
hasn't been true since tbc

(when armor actually did something instead of every melee having armor ignore/elemental damage/bleeds as their primary damage source)
Posted Image

#8 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Shadow Preist needs no buffs rather nerfs.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#9 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

stop bandwagon of wanting too nerf each class when another is nerfed a class will always function better in pvp at time nothing you do or say can change there will always be a superior spec at some point and it will work well with others enjoy the game and find ways too deal with it , its the start of a new xpac let the dk's of this xpac roam free and farm crops for a while we all know it will change down the field
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Even though I can see where you're coming from, I disagree on this particular topic. Right now Shadow Priest are one of the best casters. Lots of other classes are being nerfed, while shadow remains untouched. Doesn't it seem obvious to you that that'll be an indirect buff to Shadow Priests? We can't know for sure right now, but I think a small nerf to team sustain or control is in order.
Posted Image

#11 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

i agree there arguably in the top 3 spec's for 3s , there getting a small nerf  nothing major, in any case im sure shadow will be nerfed at some point, 5.2 is bringing some of the biggest changes ever including cyclone sharing DR with most moves with the exception of stuns and fears, in retrospect cyclone has been unchanged since bc  so with a nerf like that i am interested too see what is around the corner.

will mages become a melee class
will hunters finally be a melee viable class?
will tuarens learn how too hold 2 daggers  and be a rogue?
will rogues get bandage spec?
will mark of death be renamed too chuck norris looks at you?

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

^
Monk/Rogue/Disc in 5.2
Posted Image

#13 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

random but i must say i love this song thank you lol

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

I do what I can.
Posted Image

#15 Manglol

Manglol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Shadow is the last spec that blizzard should alter on priests right now, insane burst and offhealing makes it the new X in many comps this season.  Shadow has never been in this good of a position while disc / holy has taken huge hits in terms of survivability.

If you want changes made to shadow than you are most likely not utilizing the class to its full potential.

#16 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

i don't think sp needs buffs tbh

i do miss moblity on my sp...but it is mostly vs wars and let's be honest, everyone has issues with wars atm
shut up pvp guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<