85 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

RMP is still a decent comp, but you need a really good team synergy to make it work. Which is probably why most players prefer to play something else.
Posted Image

#62 Bozzy

Bozzy
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1946
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

as i said before 50% comp 50% team synergy

bozzy out
Oh you're going ham? allow me too bear form.

#63 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1315
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

15% Team Synergy/Skill
35% Comp
50% Gear

#64 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

gear is like 20% maybe 30% if you are a melee ppl act like tier 2 weps are the reason that 2.2k+ players do so much more dmg then them but dont realize that those players just manage their globals better

#65 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

the difference between someone without a pvp weapon and a fully upgraded T2 weapon is like 20% damage.(in pvp power only)
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 27 December 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

gear is like 20% maybe 30% if you are a melee ppl act like tier 2 weps are the reason that 2.2k+ players do so much more dmg then them but dont realize that those players just manage their globals better

I don't want to burst the bubble, but T2 with 2/2 upgrades does loads more damage than T1 2/2. You can't tell me that those RBG heroes with 1.5k in 3v3 as highest manage their globals better. When I fight legit high rated players from 3v3 with their T2, they don't really do any more damage than those RBG heroes. Their CC is better, but their damage is the same.
Posted Image

#67 Manglol

Manglol
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

View Postwuzzle, on 22 December 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

So what are your thoughts?

I think rogues will become beasts if the patch goes live. Ambush, Cheap Shot and Garrote with a built in shadow step. Along with the other buffs.

The Bloodfear nerf is a bit over the top. Though we now see how the use of that instantfear was intended :P

Monk buffs are also quite from another world. Will push their representation quite a bit.

Cloak and Dagger will not be used by any rogue with a brain.... IE SS already does this with a speed increase.

Shadow Step can be used on friendly targets, to get away from damage as well as used while waddling around to get back on a target.

This talent is garbage compared to step, the biggest change of course is prep baseline which was needed.

The only thing they had to do with rogues was put energetic recovery back in the game and increase the coeeficients on recup and everything would have been fine. Our damage isn't horrible, its just bad compared to other classes who were way overtuned.  These changes did nothing to prevent people from getting globaled by cooldowns, all it did was put rogues in the same class as others now.

Rogues aren't supposed to be a straight burst class, we were always a control class.... IE Neilyo'n the entire other team with cheapshots to help someone escape.

#68 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostTwocat, on 27 December 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

the difference between someone without a pvp weapon and a fully upgraded T2 weapon is like 20% damage.(in pvp power only)

obviously I am assuming they are wearing pvp gear...........

View Postnoobie25, on 27 December 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I don't want to burst the bubble, but T2 with 2/2 upgrades does loads more damage than T1 2/2. You can't tell me that those RBG heroes with 1.5k in 3v3 as highest manage their globals better. When I fight legit high rated players from 3v3 with their T2, they don't really do any more damage than those RBG heroes. Their CC is better, but their damage is the same.

fails every juke/jukes too much = less dmg
poor dispells on CC = less dmg from team
ect ect.

pvp isnt the same as pumping a dps rotation into a dummy

#69 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 27 December 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

pvp isnt the same as pumping a dps rotation into a dummy
no but it's very similar
go ask veev sometime why he does more pressure than any other warrior and I guarantee it will be because he mastered his PvE rotation.
Posted Image

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

The only reason I always do more damage than anyone in 3v3, even when fighting against other frost dks, is because I used to play top-end PvE. Resource management is something you learn faster if you play just for that aspect of the game. Whenever I get people asking me for general PvP tips, or specific DK tips, I tell them they have to learn to deal good damage first. After you learn how to deal damage you can start working on CC and teamwork.

Dealing damage is PvP is very much like PvE these days, there is no denying it.

But again, this is off-topic. Elemental changes. Thoughts?
Posted Image

#71 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

That is some shoddy ass advice
Posted Image

#72 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 28 December 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

The only reason I always do more damage than anyone in 3v3, even when fighting against other frost dks, is because I used to play top-end PvE. Resource management is something you learn faster if you play just for that aspect of the game. Whenever I get people asking me for general PvP tips, or specific DK tips, I tell them they have to learn to deal good damage first. After you learn how to deal damage you can start working on CC and teamwork.

Dealing damage is PvP is very much like PvE these days, there is no denying it.

But again, this is off-topic. Elemental changes. Thoughts?

veev does the most dmg because he is one of not the best pvp warrior in the US atm has nothing to do with pve. I will just go out and say it you might "think" your pve rotations work in pvp but it is because u vs trash teams

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 28 December 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

veev does the most dmg because he is one of not the best pvp warrior in the US atm has nothing to do with pve. I will just go out and say it you might "think" your pve rotations work in pvp but it is because u vs trash teams

Where did I say I -use- a PvE rotation? I said learning a  PvE rotation and perfecting it teaches you to manage your resources a lot better. (Something only melee have to deal with these days it would seem. Casters just spam instants. The only type of resource management for, for example, a Mage is when to use your procs. Mana doesn't even exist anymore for most classes.)

View Postedthelad, on 28 December 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

That is some shoddy ass advice

I've played with loads of players that were great at using CC, but they would never do any meaningful damage. In the state of the game right now, it is more important to be good at doing damage, and then CC comes in as a good addition to enhance the damage you're already doing.
Posted Image

#74 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 28 December 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Where did I say I -use- a PvE rotation? I said learning a  PvE rotation and perfecting it teaches you to manage your resources a lot better. (Something only melee have to deal with these days it would seem. Casters just spam instants. The only type of resource management for, for example, a Mage is when to use your procs. Mana doesn't even exist anymore for most classes.)

I've played with loads of players that were great at using CC, but they would never do any meaningful damage. In the state of the game right now, it is more important to be good at doing damage, and then CC comes in as a good addition to enhance the damage you're already doing.

pvp dmg has very little to do with a "rotation" to think so would be retarded.If your opponents are letting u pull off consistent "rotations" into them they are flat out low rating trash

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 28 December 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

pvp dmg has very little to do with a "rotation" to think so would be retarded.If your opponents are letting u pull off consistent "rotations" into them they are flat out low rating trash

Still didn't properly read what I said. Read again. I'll help you out. Key word: Resource Management.

If you want to continue argueing about nothing, take it to PMs please. Don't derail this thread even further.

Back on topic: What is you guys' view on the Elemental buffs? Will they make it a more competitive spec outside of the current few comps in which it works?
Posted Image

#76 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View Postnoobie25, on 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Still didn't properly read what I said. Read again. I'll help you out. Key word: Resource Management.

If you want to continue argueing about nothing, take it to PMs please. Don't derail this thread even further.

Back on topic: What is you guys' view on the Elemental buffs? Will they make it a more competitive spec outside of the current few comps in which it works?

gets proven wrong

GUYS TURN AWAY FROM MY SHAME

but ill play nice for now

ele is never going to be a good spec outside of random gimmick comps(original LSD)

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yes I am very ashamed. Wat do.

What about melee/elemental/healer (probably Holy Pala, possibly Disc Priest)? I guess the only thing that might work is either WW Monk or Rogue, seeing as the melee will need a lot of control to keep the shaman from flopping over. I can't help but feel DK might be a decent option as well though, depending on the BG one is playing in. CoI slows + double death grip should be more than enough to keep most melees off of the shaman when combined with the knockback. (5.2 nerfs to warriors/ferals/mages/warlocks are indirect buffs to the weaker classes, especially blanket silence removal, which is not to be overlooked.)
Posted Image

#78 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

How do you guys feel RLM (Rogue/Lock/Monk) will be next patch??

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

Monks will still go oom quite quickly, but the undispellable bubble certainly is a very strong buff. It remains to be seen whether it'll be MD-able or not.

Rogue buffs seem solid, but will probably get toned down a bit.

Affliction Warlock is probably the best bet, though Destruction can work as well for sure (Bomb + SHD + CB will generate tons of pressure). The removal of Blood Fear is a pretty big hit though, especially considering the amount of interrupts melee have, it will be really hard to get any Fear casts off against cleaves. Against spellcleaves, it should work quite nicely.

The CC provided by MW Monks is pretty big as well (4s stun into 8s gouge).

The main problem, as mentioned earlier, will be cleaves tunneling damage into the warlock and never allowing a cast.
Posted Image

#80 Amiza

Amiza
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Will be interesting to see how Affliction is with rogue peels next patch. I was watching Cdew stream this morning and they ran up against Hoodrych, Nadagast and Gravemind. The damage Nada was putting out was unreal I think this combined with rogue control/peels could be interesting along with MW monk buffs could make something interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<