Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Head enchants


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2786
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Man everytime I enter this place called LFR I get confused and dont understand how the boss can move when I stun it.
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#22 Laquisha

Laquisha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 231
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/1/1

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@bigpapamomma Players are reading way too much into that patch note. It's not even a head enchant!

https://twitter.com/...609601508163585

Edited by Laquisha, 26 December 2012 - 06:16 AM.

Ifix said:

Warrior disarm only does melee weapons.

#23 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1216
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostLaquisha, on 26 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Greg Street@Ghostcrawler
@bigpapamomma Players are reading way too much into that patch note. It's not even a head enchant!

https://twitter.com/...609601508163585

Yeah cause we're clearly reading too much into "along the way, they'll unlock the secrets to a new headgear enchantment, the Crown of the Heavens" .. serioufuckingsly. I just don't have words anymore what bunch of fucking mongos work at Blizzard

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.
420

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm


View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot


#24 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#25 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 819
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

legendary meta gem
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#26 dj_abdullah

dj_abdullah
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 293
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostAhlaundoh, on 26 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

legendary meta gem

Noooooooooooooooooooo but I'll lose my stun reduction meta :((

#27 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1216
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

View PostBraindance, on 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.

or not

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.
420

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm


View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot


#28 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostBraindance, on 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.
Things becoming easier in video games: literally Soviet bread lines.

Fucking look at yourself, man.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#29 Zymxyx

Zymxyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2354

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PostBraindance, on 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.

Can someone get this guy off AJ allready, every post he makes is so clueless about PVP it hurts my eyes,
If you like PvE so much go ahead and do it. Stop PvPing cause you don't seem to be particularly good at it, or don't, idc. Just stop posting.

#30 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

View PostToitles, on 26 December 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Things becoming easier in video games: literally Soviet bread lines.

Fucking look at yourself, man.

View PostZymxyx, on 27 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Can someone get this guy off AJ allready, every post he makes is so clueless about PVP it hurts my eyes,
If you like PvE so much go ahead and do it. Stop PvPing cause you don't seem to be particularly good at it, or don't, idc. Just stop posting.

@Toitles : Posted ImagePosted Image I would never expect a lock with max rating of 2450 in cata to understand anyway

@ Zymxy: Listen up you sad, sad bitchass kid. You are not even a fucking duelist. You are nothing

http://eu.battle.net...mx/statistic#21

http://eu.battle.net...tatistic#21:152

I used to be 300 rating above you, and you come here with the audacity to call me clueless? i hurt your eyes? Stop posting? Guys like me is the reason AJ is not yet overtaken by the angry mob of porno addicted, basement dwelling, angry kids - rejects of both the society and the game. You are like fucking nobody - a "junkie" of circumstance, a mistake that happens to drunk men when they don't use a condom. Do you know how many people like you I have seen in so many years? Angry at everyone because they have no purpose, ambition or friends. Your only way out of the pain of loneliness for an ugly, average intelligence guy with tons of ego and zero confidence is this game - and you are average at it at best. So, kindly fuck off and never quote me with your moronic, high school level bullshit ever again. Loser.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#31 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 867
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2221
  • 3v3: 3005
  • 5v5: 2507
  • RBG: 2499

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostBraindance, on 27 December 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:

I used to be 300 rating above you, and you come here with the audacity to call me clueless? i hurt your eyes? Stop posting? Guys like me is the reason AJ is not yet overtaken by the angry mob of porno addicted, basement dwelling, angry kids - rejects of both the society and the game. You are like fucking nobody - a "junkie" of circumstance, a mistake that happens to drunk men when they don't use a condom. Do you know how many people like you I have seen in so many years? Angry at everyone because they have no purpose, ambition or friends. Your only way out of the pain of loneliness for an ugly, average intelligence guy with tons of ego and zero confidence is this game - and you are average at it at best. So, kindly fuck off and never quote me with your moronic, high school level bullshit ever again. Loser.

god damn

#32 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 406
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Well what braindance said was kinda dumb. You could buy epic gems from the AH day 1 on several servers. I raided and got my arena friends hooked up like 2nd week.

#33 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 672
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Just fyi because you apparently didn't get it, I was not making fun of you for anything at all related to PvP.  Like, if you got that out of what I posted, I really don't know at all what to say.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#34 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 155
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2610
  • RBG: 2128

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostBraindance, on 27 December 2012 - 03:34 AM, said:



I used to be 300 rating above you, and you come here with the audacity to call me clueless? i hurt your eyes? Stop posting? Guys like me is the reason AJ is not yet overtaken by the angry mob of porno addicted, basement dwelling, angry kids - rejects of both the society and the game. You are like fucking nobody - a "junkie" of circumstance, a mistake that happens to drunk men when they don't use a condom. Do you know how many people like you I have seen in so many years? Angry at everyone because they have no purpose, ambition or friends. Your only way out of the pain of loneliness for an ugly, average intelligence guy with tons of ego and zero confidence is this game - and you are average at it at best. So, kindly fuck off and never quote me with your moronic, high school level bullshit ever again. Loser.


your hate is big man...

#35 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

View PostToitles, on 27 December 2012 - 03:55 AM, said:

Just fyi because you apparently didn't get it, I was not making fun of you for anything at all related to PvP.  Like, if you got that out of what I posted, I really don't know at all what to say.
My apologies then - I just went mental mainly on the other guy. I can take any constructive criticism, but I just go mental when I see things like this out of the blue.

Again, my heartfelt apologies.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#36 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostIzirak, on 27 December 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

Well what braindance said was kinda dumb. You could buy epic gems from the AH day 1 on several servers. I raided and got my arena friends hooked up like 2nd week.
Sure, but it was not something accessible to everyone. The prices of gems on ah (at least on my server) used to be 1-1.5k gold (for the first 3-4 weeks) which was an amount not many people had. Long story short, my point is that people should work a bit and put some more effort in order to get good gear/enchants etc like it used to be.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#37 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 406
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

But you weren't required to PvE for them. Big difference compared to trinkets/weapon (they fixed this with pvp power) and head enchants (but they said this isn't one?).

#38 Chazzwozzer

Chazzwozzer
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 26
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2050
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostBraindance, on 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.

I am surprised that you even have to ask what the problem is.  I am even more surprised that your post has upvotes on a site that is specifically made for the competitive aspect of WoW.  

The reason that people are complaining should be obvious to anyone with a little deductive reasoning.  The majority of posters on this website, myself included, enjoy WoW arena because they enjoy competition.  On that note, they want competition in the game to be fair and balanced around skill, not number of hours put into the game.  This is the main reason that there are so many complaints regarding the current gear upgrade system - it is impossible to be on the same playing level as everyone else if you have real life commitments that restrict play time.  So you then end up losing games to teams that are of inferior skill level, simply because you don't have the same gear.

Introducing helm enchants that are unlocked via pve would results in a similar issue.  Players that pve will obviously get the enchants and will therefore have a statistical advantage.  And those that don't have time to grind the enchants will be at a disadvantage.  For those that multiclass, they will hypothetically have to grind on all their toons to get the helm enchants. Although I personally don't see it as that big of an issue since the stat difference will likely be negligible, I understand why there are complaints.

Based on your posts, it seems that you want everyone to have to work for gear to compete in arena, but for what reason.  I get no satisfaction from seeing an opposing team's shaman at 350k health and killing him in less than three seconds.  Nor did I find it fair in WotLK when I used to raid hardcore and therefore had access to heroic DFO and heroic Solace, which were huge advantages in pvp.  I want my arena matches to be about skill, not who spent more time grinding rep or killing pve bosses.

#39 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Posts: 1484
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostBraindance, on 26 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Even if  it is a pve enchant that can be used in pvp what is the problem? Epic gems in bc were a luxury of pve players only - it took months before there was a sufficient number available to people that pvp'd. Enchants came from reputation and it was way, way harder and time consuming than it was in wotlk and cata (tabards lol). But the again, people were not spoiled children like they are today - players back then actually had to work to get what they wanted. And because after 2 expansions of socialist distribution of items and free loot you got so used to it and so corrupted that you expect to have everything ready and waiting for you as soon as you hit 90. This is very bad mentality and you have to change it.

The heroic pve content is actually hard after a long, long time and very interesting. It wouldn't hurt if you would tasted some of it - it will really open your eyes.
Epic gems became common in PvP only after they became available for badges. It definitely wasn't some sort of an advantage available to PvE players like you're trying to make it sound - I honestly can't imagine myself asking for 10+ spinels 'for PvP' and I really doubt it was much different in other guilds, so as a PvE player I didn't have that advantage at all. I guess they were available for filthy rich people or the select few douchebags who stole them from their own guild to use for PvP, but that's different.

Head/shoulder enchants always came from reputations, and it wasn't much harder to farm rep in TBC than it was in WotLK or Cata - I don't know where did you get that impression from. I've played a total of 4 characters in TBC and if that grind was annoying or long, I would remember it being so. Reputation came from just doing instances, you simply didn't have tabards that allowed you to do the instances that you wanted to do - you had to specific ones for specific rep. That's all the difference.

"Heroic PvE content" didn't even exist in TBC... you bash WotLK and Cata and then end your post with that.

Edited by Thaya, 27 December 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#40 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostChazzwozzer, on 27 December 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

I am surprised that you even have to ask what the problem is.  I am even more surprised that your post has upvotes on a site that is specifically made for the competitive aspect of WoW.  

The reason that people are complaining should be obvious to anyone with a little deductive reasoning.  The majority of posters on this website, myself included, enjoy WoW arena because they enjoy competition.  On that note, they want competition in the game to be fair and balanced around skill, not number of hours put into the game.  This is the main reason that there are so many complaints regarding the current gear upgrade system - it is impossible to be on the same playing level as everyone else if you have real life commitments that restrict play time.  So you then end up losing games to teams that are of inferior skill level, simply because you don't have the same gear.

Introducing helm enchants that are unlocked via pve would results in a similar issue.  Players that pve will obviously get the enchants and will therefore have a statistical advantage.  And those that don't have time to grind the enchants will be at a disadvantage.  For those that multiclass, they will hypothetically have to grind on all their toons to get the helm enchants. Although I personally don't see it as that big of an issue since the stat difference will likely be negligible, I understand why there are complaints.

Based on your posts, it seems that you want everyone to have to work for gear to compete in arena, but for what reason.  I get no satisfaction from seeing an opposing team's shaman at 350k health and killing him in less than three seconds.  Nor did I find it fair in WotLK when I used to raid hardcore and therefore had access to heroic DFO and heroic Solace, which were huge advantages in pvp.  I want my arena matches to be about skill, not who spent more time grinding rep or killing pve bosses.
This is a very good post, with solid and well-based arguments. I was just a bit biased because I like to play the game as a whole (a balance between PvE and PvP).

You are right.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<