Jump to content

5.2 Preview


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

  • Warrior
    • Shockwave now has a 40 second cooldown (was 20 seconds), striking 3 or more targets will reduce its cooldown by 20 seconds.
    • Second Wind now causes a Warrior that has been reduced to 35% health or lower to regenerate 2% of their health per second (was 3%), and now generates 15 Rage over 10 seconds (was 20 Rage).
    • Warbringer now reduces the target's movement by 50% for 15 seconds (8 seconds in PvP) in addition to its other effects.
    • Shield Barrier now scales approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
    • Storm Bolt now deals 125% weapon damage (was 100%).
    • Enraged Regeneration now costs 30 Rage (was 60).
    • Glyph of Death from Above no longer increases the damage dealt by Heroic Leap.
    • Arms
      • Taste for Blood has been redesigned. It now causes the Warrior to gain 2 stacks of Overpower (maximum of 5 stacks) when Mortal Strike deals damage or the target dodges, and no longer interacts with Heroic Strike. It now requires level 20 (was level 50).
      • Slam now deals 220% weapon damage (was 190%).
    • Protection
      • The base damage of Shield Slam and Revenge has been increased by 150%, but these abilities now scale approximately 10% less efficiently with attack power.
http://blue.mmo-cham...h-note-preview/

I really like these changes, along with other class changes it looks like next season could be great.

Edit- They put Clone on Sheep DR and took the blankets away from Mage/Lock :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Covlol, 22 December 2012 - 06:54 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#2 Baksteen

Baksteen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 253
  • Talents: Protection
  • RBG: 576
  • Locationup and down in and out

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

I am not botherd at all by the shockwave nerf since they nerfed some other major cc abillities aswell.

Great changes overall less instant cc and blankets, I like!

#3 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3774
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

We will still be strong - rogues think they got buffed but they fail to see that dks will rise, monks are getting IMMENSE buffs (eg free trinket + 6 seconds of -60% all ccs after using it rofl), and we will still have the highest dmg of all melee. Coupled with the cc nerf we will still be easily t1.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#4 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Blizzard didint adress defensive stance at all and i feel the slam damage increase was not necessary. The other changes were really good though, 80k+ heroic leaps were ridiculous since its supposed to be an utility spell. And the shockwave + second wind nerfs for obvious reasons.

#5 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

D Stance is fine, if your seriously having major issues killing a warrior in 3's ur doing something wrong.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#6 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 287
  • Talents:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

all good changes imo. Rogues probably a bit much, and cyclone dr with the world was probably not needed. hah.

#7 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 525
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

I dont understand why they buffed slam, it already hits unreal hard right now
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#8 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostGabbit, on 23 December 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

I dont understand why they buffed slam, it already hits unreal hard right now

Im assuming to make up for TFB no longer effecting hs at all.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#9 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

View PostCovlol, on 22 December 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

D Stance is fine, if your seriously having major issues killing a warrior in 3's ur doing something wrong.

You dont think the playstyle to only sit in one stance is just ridiculous? u barely loose anything from sitting in defensive and its far superior from any other stances. my suggestion wouldnt be to decrease the damage reduction cause that would straight up nerf pve. but to decrease the damage output in defensive stance, by either straight damage decrease % or spell restrictions like it used to be.

#10 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 23 December 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

You dont think the playstyle to only sit in one stance is just ridiculous? u barely loose anything from sitting in defensive and its far superior from any other stances. my suggestion wouldnt be to decrease the damage reduction cause that would straight up nerf pve. but to decrease the damage output in defensive stance, by either straight damage decrease % or spell restrictions like it used to be.

Ur assumption that i only sit in D stance fails you sir.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#11 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostCovlol, on 23 December 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Ur assumption that i only sit in D stance fails you sir.

Truth is warriors are ridiculously OP and making them more vulnerable to being tunneled is one way to tone them down. But ye obviously u dont sit in defensive stance constantly when no one is on you, but people barely focus warriors because of defensive stance and the fact that it wont stop any damage the warrior is doing.

#12 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Truth is warriors are ridiculously OP and making them more vulnerable to being tunneled is one way to tone them down. But ye obviously u dont sit in defensive stance constantly when no one is on you, but people barely focus warriors because of defensive stance and the fact that it wont stop any damage the warrior is doing.

Waaaaaaah!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#13 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 2094
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Truth is warriors are ridiculously OP and making them more vulnerable to being tunneled is one way to tone them down. But ye obviously u dont sit in defensive stance constantly when no one is on you, but people barely focus warriors because of defensive stance and the fact that it wont stop any damage the warrior is doing.

I think the thing making Warriors OP is more their CC and interrupts, which so far, isn't being adequately toned down.

I feel like it's impossible to beat any half competent Warrior team over 2200 without a Mage, because they can almost permanently lock a healer down with pummel + disrupting shout + shockwave + warbringer + fear + pummel, not counting any partner CC.

I seriously considering just leaving the arena if I'm playing with a Shaman and queue into a Warrior team.

Edited by zsuper, 23 December 2012 - 11:57 PM.


#14 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 22
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

View Postzsuper, on 23 December 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

I think the thing making Warriors OP is more their CC and interrupts, which so far, isn't being adequately toned down.

I feel like it's impossible to beat any half competent Warrior team over 2200 without a Mage, because they can almost permanently lock a healer down with pummel + disrupting shout + shockwave + warbringer + fear + pummel, not counting any partner CC.

I seriously considering just leaving the arena if I'm playing with a Shaman and queue into a Warrior team.

Yeah you are correct but blizzard has already looked in to that and are nerffing shockwave and warbringer, even though i doubt the warbringer change will do anything condiering there is already 2 other strong options in that tier. But i just think defensive stance encourages boring game play and lowers skill cap, the survivability factor is fine in my opinion but seriously when is the last time u even heard the phares "stance dancing"?

And id definately like to hear covlols opinion on this aswel, "waah" doesnt really explain much.

Edited by StigmaticAscetic, 24 December 2012 - 12:30 AM.


#15 Durotann

Durotann
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 295
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I agree that the current stance system is very boring. I really miss the old BC/WotLK style stance dancing, which may have seemed clunky but I felt added a lot more skill and depth to the class. Warriors are very simple now relative to previous expansions. That being said however, I don't feel that a defensive stance nerf is really that warranted in the current state of the game. I would like to see the stances reworked to make stance dancing more meaningful, but that probably won't happen until next expansion if ever again.

#16 Spindarella

Spindarella
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 5
  • Talents: Protection 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Looks like Stormbolt might be right choice with these changes.  Seems like necessary utility now, wonder how our damage will be though.

#17 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 24 December 2012 - 12:22 AM, said:

Yeah you are correct but blizzard has already looked in to that and are nerffing shockwave and warbringer, even though i doubt the warbringer change will do anything condiering there is already 2 other strong options in that tier. But i just think defensive stance encourages boring game play and lowers skill cap, the survivability factor is fine in my opinion but seriously when is the last time u even heard the phares "stance dancing"?

And id definately like to hear covlols opinion on this aswel, "waah" doesnt really explain much.

my opinion u can clearly see from my first post saying "i love these changes" now quit crying about d stance
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#18 Trackademics

Trackademics
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm
  • Posts: 1
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 2142

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

So many nerfs in the past few patchs i feel like end season mop will be like end season cata again. Hope its not so far warriors been doing great!

#19 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Posts: 1635
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

I really dont mind these changes, i would like to see the dmg from shockwave be reduced and the cd go to 30sec instead but this isn't terrible either. Also, i really see the TFB change as a buff plus slam dmg buff!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#20 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 3774
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Those nerfs are nothing

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<