• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1961

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostZeiyo, on 24 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

i have a healing tide that ticks 10k and can be killed with a feather =)

seriously though if prep goes basline then cloak CD shouldnt be reset by it atleast

View PostZeiyo, on 24 December 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

i have a healing tide that ticks 10k and can be killed with a feather =)

seriously though if prep goes basline then cloak CD shouldnt be reset by it atleast

Let me see if my memory serve me right shaman's did fine before healing tide oh yeah you was tier1 healer for all last xpac with out healing tide thats just a addon not to mention your extra shield wall .what did rogues get this Xpac to survive better ? Um nothing but elusive Bs and medicore at best Rogue gets feared with fient up Switch to rogue before fear end with a stun dead rogue Ty Game this patch from the looks of it is gonna make us more glass cannon type not addressing the real issue rogues have its that they die to anything with a stun

Inb4 shaman can die in a stun to now

U have so many outs its not even funny

#82 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postkorzal, on 24 December 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

you must have never heard of an ability called Shockwave
Nope never, thats why I have not kept complaining about it all season ;p

#83 Zeiyo

Zeiyo
  • Junkies

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostSilhin, on 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Let me see if my memory serve me right shaman's did fine before healing tide oh yeah you was tier1 healer for all last xpac with out healing tide thats just a addon not to mention your extra shield wall .what did rogues get this Xpac to survive better ? Um nothing but elusive Bs and medicore at best Rogue gets feared with fient up Switch to rogue before fear end with a stun dead rogue Ty Game this patch from the looks of it is gonna make us more glass cannon type not addressing the real issue rogues have its that they die to anything with a stun

Inb4 shaman can die in a stun to now

U have so many outs its not even funny

im ele, a 10k ticking healing tide that gets one shot is literally my only defensive...if you can call it that, if you defend having double cloak ontop of everything rogues will have you are either clueless or just bad

Edited by Zeiyo, 25 December 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#84 Kifasa

Kifasa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostDurotann, on 24 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

Probably because you have to spend a global and 20 energy every 4 seconds on it and if you get caught in a stun with out it you just flop over whereas cheat death does something no matter what (or it's intended to). Personally I still like elusiveness, but I haven't really played my rogue much this season. I would like to see something like 10% passive damage reduction added to the cheat death talent, I think that might make it more attractive. Though that might also make it mandatory.
Thanks for Your input. I know 5 sec makes pre-feinting quite hard, but glyphing feint makes this ability last 7 sec. Refreshing it every 7 sec is troublesome a bit but gives You constant 30% dmg reduction, which is quite decent. Wondering why I can't find a single Rogue doing so... :(
Dear Blizzard,
Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.

-Scissors.

#85 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostKifasa, on 25 December 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Thanks for Your input. I know 5 sec makes pre-feinting quite hard, but glyphing feint makes this ability last 7 sec. Refreshing it every 7 sec is troublesome a bit but gives You constant 30% dmg reduction, which is quite decent. Wondering why I can't find a single Rogue doing so... :(
Its not hard to keep up feint while being focused even though spamming it while trying to keep up rupt+snd is pretty much impossible. The problem is what happens when u get swapped to in a stun in those kinda situations cheat death is much better

#86 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

New shuriken toss is amazing

Decided to give deadly throw + shuriken a try, and holy fuck wizards are going to cry

Hit and run has replaced the cloak and dagger talent. So everyone will be taking ShS again as it's half the CD of hit and run

Edited by Speedymart, 03 January 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Posted Image

#87 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Problem with Deadly Throw is that you can only use it on your current target, unless you spec into Marked for Death and skip Shuriken Toss. But I agree - with Shuriken Toss autoattacks giving combo points (estimate is about 3 CP for 20 energy) we have the strongest ranged lockdown in the game and could (disregarding fake casts) interrupt 100% of the spell casts from range.  Paralytic is stacking pretty fast with Toss, too.

Question is, if Nerve Strike stacks and I could not test that, yet.

#88 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 03 January 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Problem with Deadly Throw is that you can only use it on your current target, unless you spec into Marked for Death and skip Shuriken Toss. But I agree - with Shuriken Toss autoattacks giving combo points (estimate is about 3 CP for 20 energy) we have the strongest ranged lockdown in the game and could (disregarding fake casts) interrupt 100% of the spell casts from range.  Paralytic is stacking pretty fast with Toss, too.

Question is, if Nerve Strike stacks and I could not test that, yet.
Haven't tested either but shurkin toss is hitting 2k harder then hemo is

hits 1k less then backstab

I'm slightly worried to where this is going
Posted Image

#89 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

We're ninja range style.

#90 Kifasa

Kifasa
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 03 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Haven't tested either but shurkin toss is hitting 2k harder then hemo is

hits 1k less then backstab

I'm slightly worried to where this is going
Hehe. Even now (in 5.1) I was thinking about using Toss as a basic comb-point builder in place of Hemo. Dmg is slightly smaller, but You are never energy starved => more combo points => more Eviscerates.

Edited by Kifasa, 03 January 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Dear Blizzard,
Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.

-Scissors.

#91 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 957

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just change rogues to ninjas and call it a day

#92 Fallen

Fallen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

25k dps with shuriken on ptr gear

jupp jupp... needs a change :P (Can do it while moving aswell)

PS: Why was poison apply removed from regular throw, but still works with shuriken :( sigh
My characters !

:rogue: Fallen
:mage: Bpg
:priest: Dorfstyle

My own RMP <3
--
Posted Image

#93 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Toss is strong but not overpowered in my opinion. Our silence/stun combos with Paralytic and Nerve Strike and 150 energy are the part I'm a lot more worried about. With some proc luck we can shut down a healer for 3-4.5 (Garrote) 6  Kidney and 4 (Paralytic) =  9 - 16.5 seconds based on proc luck and glyph choice on every restealth / DR reset and leave them with about 43% reduced healing afterwards for six seconds.

One issue with Toss is the CP generation through auto attacks. The buff stays on even in melee range and so Toss basically takes the role of Hemo, which will only be used to keep the bleed up (better DPE than Backstab when including the bleed damage). With 3CP for 20 energy it has a better CP generation than Mutilate and higher damage than Hemo.

Still - and this is why I think it is not overpowered - it makes our non-burst phases better, it eases setting up bursts, but unlike Marked for Death and Anticipation it doesn't add to the burst itself.

For rogues to even consider a talent competing with burst-enhancing ones is good design. So in my humble opinion Shuriken Toss is the last place to look for when nerfing rogues.

#94 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

still waiting for cloak and dagger

#95 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postmimmick, on 04 January 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

still waiting for cloak and dagger
They removed it before the patch went live, something about internal testing and it being really clunky
Posted Image

#96 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 04 January 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

They removed it before the patch went live, something about internal testing and it being really clunky
ahh what a shame

#97 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I knew Cloak and Dagger wouldn't work out. Either way, what the hell is Hit and Run? I haven't really looked into the notes since I've been extremely busy.

#98 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 04 January 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

I knew Cloak and Dagger wouldn't work out. Either way, what the hell is Hit and Run? I haven't really looked into the notes since I've been extremely busy.

http://www.arenajunk...gue-animations/

#99 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

The only real use I can see for Hit and Run is something like following a monk flag carrier that is on the roof in Warsong or abusing other z-axis stuff. It would be pretty good if it had a lower cooldown, but right now ShS just seems way stronger. You can /cancelaura the second teleport.

There are some solid tricks like teleporting in to bait CDs and then be out before they actually hurt, but stuff like this only works until everyone knows the skill. If it would be baseline for some reason and not compete with step it would open up a lot of really interesting moves. But I just can't see any reason to not use ShS over Hit and Run currently.

#100 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yea Hildegard, pretty much what I think. I can see why Rzn still picked ShS over hit and run. I was trying to see what Hit and Run did, but he wouldn't pick it and now that I do, it will only be fun to gank kids or use in BG's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue, Patch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<