sneakysnipe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

Deadly Throw can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4, and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively (was 5 combo points and 6 seconds).

Nerve Strike now reduces the effectiveness of healing provided by the target by 25%.

and combat readiness are all in the same branch of the tree

New Level 60 Talent: Cloak and Dagger
Ambush, Garrote, and Cheap Shot now have a 30 yard range, and will cause the Rogue to teleport behind the target.

is in the same branch as shadowstep and burst of speed

so really we are only getting prep, 40 more energy and 4% more dmg from Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%)..... im assuming nerve strike will be nerfed since thats overpowered as fuck

Edit: New Level 90 Talent: Marked for Death
Marks a target and instantly generates 5 combo points. When that target dies, Marked for Death's cooldown is reset. This talent has a 1 minute cooldown.

Shuriken Toss now causes the Rogue to Throw shuriken instead of autoattacking for 10 seconds after Shuriken Toss is used.

and anticipation are all in the same branch

Edited by sneakysnipe, 27 December 2012 - 12:57 AM.

Posted Image

A shortened life span is very possible when you get less than six hours of sleep on a regular basis or on most nights.

http://i.imgur.com/f...m/fEVYm.jpg��<- may 31 2011

#82 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

eh typical blizz buffing us vs classes we dont have too many problems with and not really dealing with the main issues

rogues wont be the new godmode. we're still going to be squishy in stuns, but good usage of cds with prep will make most rogues do more than fine

they dont even try to balance anymore. it's just cycling through ridiculous(exciting) changes to a few classes at a time that just create more problems

#83 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I play warrior and I like the nerfs and buffs that we are getting, I also like all of these rogue changes WITH ONE EXCEPTION:

"Sanguinary Vein now increases the damage the target takes by 20% (was 16%)"

Let me explain why this change is in the completely wrong direction:

The trend of rogues seen over last 6 seasons is to scale with weapon damage better than any other melee.  With conquest upgrades, the ilvls on gear will likely increase faster than in previous expansions, accelerating rogues' natural rise to the top of the melee food chain.

To counteract this the 4% buff should in fact be a 4% nerf

Other than that the changes are long overdue, they should never have had to choose between step and prep, not that anyone will pick step now LOL!

edit: font was like this xD

Edited by Oldog, 27 December 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#84 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 2405

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Giving rogues high surv vs physical dmg in s11 actually WAS the mistake. Rogues outtanking plate melee without problems. Aka melee with highest burst, surviviability, mobility and control. And now rogues complain about being squishy against physical damage? Even after seeing all these buffs?
Posted Image

#85 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

I think Rogue's just got used to being able to tank 23 people in Cata, and forgot that you actually have to play defensive when people pop CDs.

There is still a handful of Rogues doing well at high ratings.

Edited by Snuggli, 29 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#86 sneakysnipe

sneakysnipe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

View PostPinka, on 29 December 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Giving rogues high surv vs physical dmg in s11 actually WAS the mistake. Rogues outtanking plate melee without problems. Aka melee with highest burst, surviviability, mobility and control. And now rogues complain about being squishy against physical damage? Even after seeing all these buffs?

these buffs dont stop me from dying in a shockwave
Posted Image

A shortened life span is very possible when you get less than six hours of sleep on a regular basis or on most nights.

#87 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

i like how all these cata rogues are randomly popping up because they saw 5.2 buffs talking about "back full time now!" yeah ok.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#88 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

View Postsneakysnipe, on 29 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Don't think its an issue unique to rogues tough, at least agains't geared upgraded T2 weapon Warriors.

#89 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2123
  • 3v3: 2847
  • 5v5: 1620
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

rogues are gonna be fine againast wizzards......

rogue opens with subterforge yeah 3 seconds stealth, cloak yeah 5secs immune to everything, vanish yeah 3 seconds stealth again, prep, cloak yeah 5 secs immune again, vanish again yeah 3 secs stealth, 19 secs all in all........

cheap shoting everybody while porting to them with a energypool of 150 and instantly 5combopoints on target and healing debuff active....

rogues gonna destroy every healer of wizzardcleaves in the opener when these changes go live

#90 Zanders

Zanders
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostIsumi, on 29 December 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

rogues are gonna be fine againast wizzards......

rogue opens with subterforge yeah 3 seconds stealth, cloak yeah 5secs immune to everything, vanish yeah 3 seconds stealth again, prep, cloak yeah 5 secs immune again, vanish again yeah 3 secs stealth, 19 secs all in all........

you know, this can happen today..
[03:50:44] [P] [80:Weetoslol]: grayfox u suck more than a vietnamese prostitute on a friday

#91 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostZanders, on 29 December 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

you know, this can happen today..

you know, in 5.2 rogues have 150 energypool, 25% healing reduce, can't get peeled in dance when every ambush ports you behind the target, instantly have 5 combopoints on target, so it's worth to pop everything in the opener when you get a free kill

#92 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostIsumi, on 29 December 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

you know, in 5.2 rogues have 150 energypool, 25% healing reduce, can't get peeled in dance when every ambush ports you behind the target, instantly have 5 combopoints on target, so it's worth to pop everything in the opener when you get a free kill

cant get peeled in dance?

how about you try and use an ability called horror, im sure rogues are gonna be spamming ambush while disarmed lmfao

#93 Isumi

Isumi
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 29 December 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

cant get peeled in dance?

how about you try and use an ability called horror, im sure rogues are gonna be spamming ambush while disarmed lmfao

maybe you read the post before when rogues are 19secs immune against everything from wizzards...

#94 sneakysnipe

sneakysnipe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostIsumi, on 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

maybe you read the post before when rogues are 19secs immune against everything from wizzards...

you arent immune to shit while stealthed
Posted Image

#95 Chickensqt

Chickensqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Sneakysnipe and phishy are shit rogues anyways. No amount of buffs will save them. #yolo

#96 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

This just in: Blizzard sucks at balance.

On a semi-related note, found this gem of a blue post today:

Make frostbolt benefit from Fingers of frost? Tone down lance dmg, and buffs frostbolt a bit?
Frostbolt does fine damage. It's just not instant.

What is this I don't even

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#97 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Rogues aren't the only class that dies in a shockwave.  That can happen to anyone at this point.  The answer to shockwave being overpowered is not buff rogues...or is it?  Bring back our rogue overlords from cataclysm, and put those filthy warriors in the dumpster.

Where is the sense in trading one obnoxious overpowered class for another?  Why would you want that to happen?  Is it because you play a rogue? :rolleyes:

#98 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

View Postsneakysnipe, on 30 December 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

you arent immune to shit while stealthed

Actually this is untrue: aoe cc DOES simply fail to land on ANY stealthed rogue who has the talent Subterfuge.  This may be a bug or working as intended, either way its rather annoying to deal with and waste cds on.

In addition; any re-stealth from rogues, druids and even mages and hunters (if used at the correct time) DOES immune not only cc but also debuffs , damage spells and melee attacks; just like Shadowmeld or old rogue vanish from WotLK!

I do not expect you to believe me yet, but next time someone tries to Shadowfury, Shockwave, Howl, Blinding Light or Nova you while stealthed; just ask yourself: did he really miss me completely?  Is it really DRed to immunity?  

Probably not.

#99 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Then don't get shockwave? Fient before? shockwave is gonna be 40 sec whats ur problem? warrior should do high dmg on melee like rogues, you want rogue to tank more than warrior?

Rogue is fine even without these buffs when other classes toned down, think the prep baseline was needed tho. Stop crying to everything even when they address ur class already
Posted Image

#100 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postidevpro, on 30 December 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

Then don't get shockwave? Fient before? shockwave is gonna be 40 sec whats ur problem? warrior should do high dmg on melee like rogues, you want rogue to tank more than warrior?

Rogue is fine even without these buffs when other classes toned down, think the prep baseline was needed tho. Stop crying to everything even when they address ur class already

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<