• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostSilhin, on 03 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Lets see you keep that attitude when you try to push for glad

Don't worry, he won't make it passed 1600 this season and realize how exciting rogues really are.

#122 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostSilhin, on 03 January 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I didnt undersell the fact rogues where tanky but i dont hear people complaining about fucking Protection warrior or prot pali of bear druid in arena No u dont cuz living for a long time doesnt matter that much you can out play thats its ez called cc shit blizzard added some extra ones for people like you .getting global in a shockwave u cant out play

as for double smoke bomb it was actually needed for rogues to get kill early in the expansion but blizzard doesnt balance the game per season rather per xpac so couple with the huge damage increase of s11+pve crap rogue did very well

Its funny cuz i wasnt only Talking about last season i was talking about the whole xpac the Moment people started complaing about rogue was the moment those trinkets/daggers came in to play

Yeah, but you know what prot warriors guardian druids etc don't do?  global people in smokebombs, and control the entire team.  To sum up cata rogue for any retarded defending it

godly damage, godly defensives, best cc, and 2x smokebomb.

And no, you did not need pve gear either, you just get someone's trinket, then wait for stun dr, locks dots, bomb, kidney, dance, cy@

Warriors now are probably equally stupid, minus smokebomb (guess most people would say you don't need it anyway with their damage atm)

#123 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Why all the rogue hate, they were fine if not slightly underpowered for s9 and s10 was very balanced (could have been a great season aside from the MMR issues), s11 they started to get ahead of the pack (rogues scale with gear, blame the devs if anyone) but by no means were they like what you described without disgusting amounts of PvE gear which other classes also had (unheededwarning(s9)/theralionsmirror/vial/cunning/2pct13/spinetrinket/legendaries/DWweps).

Ferals were just as bad (s9 bleeds ticking for 50% of your health, frenzied regen, etc) yet nobody seems to bitch and moan about them as usual.

#124 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

View Postsamcope14, on 03 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

MoP rogue is 10x more fun then Cata Rogue. We are no longer invulnerable gods defensively and offensively.

Two words to sum up MoP rogue. Balanced and Exciting.

A small nerf to warriors would completely fix rogues and the rest of this game.

I can only hope these 5.2 buffs don't go through so that damage spamming mongoloids don't come back to PvP.

+rep for the only rogue in this thread not defending cata rogue

#125 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 03 January 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Don't worry, he won't make it passed 1600 this season and realize how exciting rogues really are.

he is already 2400 as a rogue after being back for like what, a week?

they have some problems but they are definitely playable.  most of their problems are because of other classes.

#126 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

he is already 2400 as a rogue after being back for like what, a week?

they have some problems but they are definitely playable.  most of their problems are because of other classes.

http://us.battle.net...amulex/advanced

He is? I must be blind.

#127 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 04 January 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

http://us.battle.net...oodvalve/simple

he is, sorry 2381

Edited by hairpiece, 04 January 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#128 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 04 January 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

59% win loss at 2250

#129 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postmethodman2, on 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

59% win loss at 2250

i dont care, i was simply stating he is over 1600.

Also, the rps team he was playing had a 70% w/l ratio at near 2400, looks like it tanked after playing with a punch monk.  so who cares anyways?

#130 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

the rogue you linked that samx plays, hit 90 on 9/29/2012. so let's just say he's only being playing it for a month or so. point is, he's playing with rank 1 players(something not everyone is going to have the luxury of doing), he's playing with one of the better classes right now and he's was given RBG rating to get T2 weapons before getting 2200 in 3s. people care because you're trying to say this outlier of one rogue who's been handfed things means that rogues are an okay class.

#131 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postinhume, on 04 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

the rogue you linked that samx plays, hit 90 on 9/29/2012. so let's just say he's only being playing it for a month or so. point is, he's playing with rank 1 players(something not everyone is going to have the luxury of doing), he's playing with one of the better classes right now and he's was given RBG rating to get T2 weapons before getting 2200 in 3s. people care because you're trying to say this outlier of one rogue who's been handfed things means that rogues are an okay class.

no im saying he is passed 1600 this season and still enjoys the class.

#132 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 04 January 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

i dont care, i was simply stating he is over 1600.

Also, the rps team he was playing had a 70% w/l ratio at near 2400, looks like it tanked after playing with a punch monk.  so who cares anyways?

comes with the idc response because he doesnt care xD

#133 Skizzlol

Skizzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Rogues are fine, prep baseline is definitely needed for our class since our mobility is absolute trash compared to other dominant melee classes (Warrior / Feral Druid).

Really, the main problem with this game right now is that warriors and hunters just have TOO much. What I mean by that is they have an ability for every situation, on ungodly short cds. And thats why KFC is so op and when played by good players is faceroll as hell.

As a rogue team, you either have to have a warrior in CC (not just roots cuz they can safeguard out of that anytime they want) Or you have to kill the warrior because if they warrior is not cc'd, he can single-handily shut your whole team down. Rogues can also do this, but the HUGE difference, is that a rogue must use Dance, cheap shot one, cheap shot two, maybe garrote a third or redirect kidney. So we are using a 1 minute cd, and we have ZERO offensive pressure because our energy is now gone. Warriors not only gain rage from their charge that stuns you for 3 seconds, but then they can shockwave you and your team if grouped up, and they do a ton of dmg. Being able to peel the whole team with 2 abilties(and warriors have plenty more to peel as well, fear, disarm, disrupting shout.) None of these make the warrior "rage starved" so a warrior can just be a mongoloid the whole game and never worry about going on Defense unless his entire team is cc'd then he can pop godmode shield wall last stand and be fine.

TLDR. Warriors are the cata rogues of mop, only better. Dont have to worry about positioning at all, do insane dmg(not cuz of daggers or trinkets cough cough) Have a great self heal with second wind, Have more stuns than a rogue and one of them is AOE and can crit upwards of 80k. Oh and they have AOE blind on a 1minute cd. And they can kill any class in a warbringer-shockwave when they pop everything.

Cata Rogues would need an entire sdance garrote-kidney (~10seconds) to kill something, and it would have to be in a smokebomb unable to get peeled or heals.

Not trying to defend cata rogue at all, i just think mop warrior is 1000x worse.

EDIT: To defend my statement that rogues are fine, I hit 2500 as rmp this season and 2460 as rps, and probably will be going for rank 1, I really do think rogues are in a great spot, with these changes and class nerfs, i see them becoming the #1 melee class if played at a top level.

Edited by Skizzlol, 04 January 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#134 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

Posey, I agree with everything you said. Like I have been saying earlier, I think rogues are fine, we only really need is a defense buff and probably an energy buff, but to really fix our classes terrible survivalbility, you have to look into other classes (warrior/hunter).

All they need to do is remove dmg in a shockwave. It's dumb that I can get hit for 100k in a shockwave that stuns not just me, but also my other partners(Saying this in general, this never usually happens). With hunters, they just faceroll when they use their farm.

Other than that, I hit 2100 this season as RLS and only reason why I couldn't pass that was because of the huge T2 difference. This season I will hit gladiator for sure once again and I know what team I will play, but I won't be trying for R1 unless it's in 5's lol.

#135 Skizzlol

Skizzlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

yeah i forgot to mention that rogues die faster than any other class in stuns :D which im fine with, rogues arent meant to be gods, but if we can die in a stun every time a warrior has shockwave up...thats a problem.

#136 Cranky

Cranky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/0/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Always hilarious to see people defending stupidly overpowered stuff.

A bit over the top? Slightly overpowered? Wtf?

I know it's not the definitive end all argument but Rogue in Cata S11 was the top rep'd class from 2k to 2.6k worldwide. Never before has a dps been the top rep'd class. Rogues were totally and completely and unarguably overpowered as hell in S11. I don't even.....

EDIT: And yes I know warriors are overpowered right now/this whole season. See how I could do that? And it's no surprise that many rogue players feel that warriors are more OP then rogues were in S11. That's just wow for ya :P

Edited by Cranky, 04 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#137 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostCranky, on 04 January 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Always hilarious to see people defending stupidly overpowered stuff.

A bit over the top? Slightly overpowered? Wtf?

I know it's not the definitive end all argument but Rogue in Cata S11 was the top rep'd class from 2k to 2.6k worldwide. Never before has a dps been the top rep'd class. Rogues were totally and completely and unarguably overpowered as hell in S11. I don't even.....

EDIT: And yes I know warriors are overpowered right now/this whole season. See how I could do that? And it's no surprise that many rogue players feel that warriors are more OP then rogues were in S11. That's just wow for ya :P
shut your mouth you rat ..
Posted Image
Or that'll happen to you.

#138 Justblaze

Justblaze
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 03 January 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Only if you play Shadow Focus / Prey on the Weak / Anticipation with Subterfuge / Paralytic / Toss they are pretty fun.

are you new to WOW ? what the fuck lol?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<