• Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

View Posttim-x, on 24 December 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Many important shaman abilities are locked out. The fact that ferals had absolutely no downside to being locked out is stupid. And while you mention it, silences AND disarms cripple an enhancement shaman, whereas both do nothing to a feral.
Disarm works on ferals, it cuts their damage down significantly

They changed that with cata

Silences also do fuck all to warriors and rogues. Classes are different, is that your point?

Actually a warrior can't fear while silenced

Ontopic: A big problem is now they can cast it without going out of form, which makes it even more brainless

I don't agree with the DR change, though; since clone has always been that unique spell since its first incarnation.

Hell, they should of just put the instant proc on a 20 second ICD, and everything would be fine

Edited by Speedymart, 25 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

#142 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostSpeedymart, on 25 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

Disarm works on ferals, it cuts their damage down significantly

They changed that with cata

Actually a warrior can't fear while silenced

Ontopic: A big problem is now they can cast it without going out of form, which makes it even more brainless

I don't agree with the DR change, though; since clone has always been that unique spell since its first incarnation.

Hell, they should of just put the instant proc on a 20 second ICD, and everything would be fine

it cuts their damage but they can still gen combo points. i guess disarm during berserk would still be pretty good, but it's normally better used on partners unless they are playing FMP/FLS or something.

also, why not remove clone from NS for all druids, and give Feral druids a cyclone (instant) on 10-20 second ICD which activates for 5s after a finisher is used?

the DR change is still completely dumb as fuck though, glad we all agree on that

Edited by Snuggli, 25 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#143 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ohhhh I feel so sorry that the best CC in the game got nerfed oooooooooooooh

rofl

#144 Asebring

Asebring
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2056
  • RBG: 2242

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postwambafat, on 25 December 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

From a Challenger to 2400 in 1 season, must have nothing to do with your class being OP or anything.

you're right, it has to do with this char not being my 4th alt anymore.  +for research tho
If you can't swim with the big fish, stay out of the water

#145 VesthisBB

VesthisBB
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2275

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostDraakex, on 22 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

i don't understand all the crying, every other healer has CC that dr's with other cc from the other classes but druid, and druid still has the strongest CC in the game with it being undispellable or divine-shield'able out of it

if you're getting cloned it's typically your fault or NSed by non-feral druids.

IE you're doing something wrong.

#146 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostVesthisBB, on 25 December 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

if you're getting cloned it's typically your fault or NSed by non-feral druids.

IE you're doing something wrong.

That is a complete fallacy. To say that getting hit by a spammable 29 yd range ~1.5-1.6 sec cast is nearly always the fault of the recipient of the clone is just absurd. There are just far too many factors that play into the situation, and generalizing so heavily is just simply wrong.

#147 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

It's probably been mentioned already, but I'd be fine with either

1) Cyclone still instant, but is on mentioned DR
or
2) Cyclone off DR, but no longer instant.
Posted Image

#148 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostHazzah, on 25 December 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

It's probably been mentioned already, but I'd be fine with either

1) Cyclone still instant, but is on mentioned DR
or
2) Cyclone off DR, but no longer instant.

Instant CC is fucking stupid, period, DRed or not

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm

View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot

#149 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

If they took away ferals' ability to do absurd, nearly unpeelable damage for 30 seconds at a time and made it so that casting clones actually took them out of form (like it used to), maybe cyclone wouldn't  be a problem!  Though I guess in the current awful state of the game it'd still be a problem.

Break one thing about a class in an expansion, change ten other things in an effort to avoid having to actually revert anything.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#150 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostNisslol, on 25 December 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Instant CC is fucking stupid, period, DRed or not

Calm down, I just stated my own opinion here. As it is, it's really annoying, but if it shared DR with stuff, I wouldn't care. Less time in poly, ring and whatever else it shares DR with is good enough for me.
Posted Image

#151 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostToitles, on 25 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

If they took away ferals' ability to do absurd, nearly unpeelable damage for 30 seconds at a time and made it so that casting clones actually took them out of form (like it used to), maybe cyclone wouldn't  be a problem!  Though I guess in the current awful state of the game it'd still be a problem.

Break one thing about a class in an expansion, change ten other things in an effort to avoid having to actually revert anything.

Ferals casting in form is required for Healing Touch, because their survivability is complete shit (unless they have a broken Symbiosis, i.e. Dispersion) and they need to benefit from the 20% increased healing when they heal themselves. I guess they could make Healing Touch not break cat form, though.

Edited by zsuper, 26 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#152 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

People are not against the concept of instant cc, they are against it when the same class can harm their comp.
Why isn't there any post about hunter cc? You're reliable to lose the control of your character for a solid 1/3 of an arena game by hunter instants. It is worse than any form of cc for years.
The answer is, hunters do shit damage or they are easily killlable, so it's ok for them to control you indefinitely.

#153 Ctuhlu

Ctuhlu
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 26 December 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

People are not against the concept of instant cc, they are against it when the same class can harm their comp.
Why isn't there any post about hunter cc?

Yes they are, and in the past there have been TONS of complaints about Hunter CC.

Fourreur said:

we have to switch to them making the decision to pop reck or not to pop reck

#154 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2013
  • 3v3: 2710
  • 5v5: 1437
  • RBG: 2227

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 26 December 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why isn't there any post about hunter cc? You're reliable to lose the control of your character for a solid 1/3 of an arena game by hunter instants. It is worse than any form of cc for years.
The answer is, hunters do shit damage or they are easily killlable, so it's ok for them to control you indefinitely.
Instant CC is flat out retarded unless it's also restricted by a hefty CD

3min warrior fear, 2 min blind, ect

Hunter trap can be interrupted pretty reliably, but it's also pretty stupid at times.

It's when we start reducing CD's on those previously long CD abilities(Fear/Blind), adding in huge AoE instant CC(PoM RoF, Solar Beam), and brand new blatantly overpowered CC (bloodfear) that things start getting way out of control

On top of healers that use to have strict roles, are now being able to easily cover what was a previous healers strong point.

Good example of this is Hpal and Rdruid burst/CC, making disc look like childs play. Though the multi-tasking could be good for the game as a hole, it's creating a even more giant gap between classes and more frustration as a whole. But this is another discussion for another thread

Edited by Speedymart, 27 December 2012 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image

#155 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostSpeedymart, on 27 December 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hunter trap can be interrupted pretty reliably, but it's also pretty stupid at times.

Not true, %99 of the times they are paired with warriors, your melee buddy gets shockwaved, if you play with a shadowpriest he gets silencing shot, or they simply get stunned by intimidation.

The healer is cc'd into oblivion by lullaby , scatter, trap, silencing shot. It becomes more painful for healers who can't come out of cc with 50k hps burst healing. it has been on par with mage cc in terms of brokenness.

It's gross that it remains untouched while ferals get destroyed along with healer druids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<