• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostDevion87, on 23 December 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

sure it does because CS and SL are lock outs, silence shot is just a blanked silence(with slight delay) -> apples and pears
CS and SL were always way superior because they are a better version of silence shot.
Now Blizz just evens them out. Silence shot gets 24 Secs CD like the other two. And CS and SL just do 1 thing not 2.

I get that 3 secs blanked can be better, because you can interrupt spells and prevent spells in burst situations,
but you can't argue that its unfair to mage and wl because hunters still have a silence and mages and locks just have a 6 secs lockout...
you had both like forever and hunters had just a shitty version of it.

What are you talking about lmao, silencing shot has always interrupted AND silenced the target for 3 seconds thats why people compare it to CS and SL because they function exactly alike aside from the lockout and silence duration not to mention it benefits from abilities like readiness
www.twitch.tv/wowser8

#43 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

OK ok so silence shot locks out for 3 and silence for three, my mistake. So there is 1 benefit if i hit a spell. i lock him out for the SAME duration i silence him anyways.
My argument still stands. No hate you were totally right about what you said

#44 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostDevion87, on 24 December 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

OK ok so silence shot locks out for 3 and silence for three, my mistake. So there is 1 benefit if i hit a spell. i lock him out for the SAME duration i silence him anyways.
My argument still stands. No hate you were totally right about what you said
The entire basis of your argument was that CS/SL were interrupts and silencing shot isn't, and now that you find out your base assumption were wrong you say your "argument still stands"?

okay

#45 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postaffix, on 24 December 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

The entire basis of your argument was that CS/SL were interrupts and silencing shot isn't, and now that you find out your base assumption were wrong you say your "argument still stands"?

okay

pretty much this, i believe the whole point they are trying to get to is that if you juke an interrupt you should not still be silenced for the duration of the interrupt would be anyways, why even juke.  so either the interrupt from silence shot needs to go, or the silence.

#46 Devion87

Devion87
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

i give up i'm dumb now be happy
i still think it's fair in comparision to silence shot the mighty 3 secs lockout spell ...
the change is dumb afterall

Edited by Devion87, 24 December 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#47 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostDevion87, on 24 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

i still think it's fair in comparision to silence shot the mighty 3 secs lockout spell ...

3 second lock out in mop is deadly, hell a 1 second lock out is prolly deadly.

#48 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Postaffix, on 24 December 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

okay

View PostDevion87, on 24 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

How the hell did that convince you? The "interrupt" on Silence Shot is only there for PvE so you can stop casts against silence immune mobs. It does nothing for PvP.

Regardless, angry Mages are pointless to argue with. Hooray no more Imp CS!

#49 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostSabyth, on 25 December 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

How the hell did that convince you? The "interrupt" on Silence Shot is only there for PvE so you can stop casts against silence immune mobs. It does nothing for PvP.

Regardless, angry Mages are pointless to argue with. Hooray no more Imp CS!
right, interrupts do nothing in pvp, thanks for your insight

#50 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

View Postaffix, on 25 December 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

right, interrupts do nothing in pvp, thanks for your insight
on silence shot yeah, you're welcome :)

#51 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostSabyth, on 25 December 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

on silence shot yeah, you're welcome :)

Imagine this scenario... you're playing with a class that has a silence effect already dk, mage, lock, warrior (pre-gag order nerf), monk and they use their respective silence first to set up a cc-chain. Instead of silencing half duration again (1.5 seconds) alternatively, you wait for the next cast and interrupt it (3.0 second lockout). interrupts are always good because they don't DR with themselves even if they have a silence mechanic attached to them. It's also the same reason silencing shot>readiness>silencing shot is good.

Edited by stalebagel, 25 December 2012 - 02:59 AM.

www.twitch.tv/wowser8

#52 Sabyth

Sabyth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

View Poststalebagel, on 25 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Imagine this scenario... you're playing with a class that has a silence effect already dk, mage, lock, warrior (pre-gag order nerf), monk and they use their respective silence first to set up a cc-chain. Instead of silencing half duration again (1.5 seconds) alternatively, you wait for the next cast and interrupt it (3.0 second lockout). interrupts are always good because they don't DR with themselves even if they have a silence mechanic attached to them. It's also the same reason silencing shot>readiness>silencing shot is good.
True, I didn't even consider that. The entire argument is very minimal however. As a healer I have no problem casting against a Hunter while a Mage has the much larger threat of a 7 second lockout so seeing arguments over Silence Shot interrupt seemed quite silly. I can understand the argument from your point of view though.

#53 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostSabyth, on 25 December 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:

True, I didn't even consider that. The entire argument is very minimal however. As a healer I have no problem casting against a Hunter while a Mage has the much larger threat of a 7 second lockout so seeing arguments over Silence Shot interrupt seemed quite silly. I can understand the argument from your point of view though.

healers cast? stop playing disc priest -_-
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #swag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<