Klonken
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

wow some of these changes seems rly op and probably needs alot of tweaking but we're going in the right direction atleast =) looks promising

#22 Colroyd

Colroyd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/1/2/0/1

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Really amazing buffs to WW. Mastery looks like the new thing to stack, ring of peace looks amazing, no chi cost on TL / ToK, Chi Wave doesn't req chi, dampen harm while stunned is a good change considering how vulnerable we are while stunned and best of all deadly reach baseline is a ridiculously good change. A bit annoyed they didnt change Xuen but these buffs were better than anything I expected.

Edit: paralysis as physical is awesome and nimble brew is ridiculously good. Wow, if these notes stay Windwalkers are in for a treat come patch day.

Edited by Colroyd, 22 December 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#23 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 957

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Mastery will def be nice to stack, I wonder how high you can reasonably stack it? dampen harm isn't that great imo , 3 hits that do half dmg is meh (I take it vs KFC or kitty and don't even notice it, unlike diffuse magic vs casters) but usable when stunned is cool. Para being baseline 20 yards it nice, still would like a glyph for it. I absolutely love the changes to chi cost on ToK chi-wave and tiger's lust, such a good change. All in all I like these changes!

#24 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Honestly the most amazing patch notes I've ever seen in the time that I've been active on WoW(for windwalker monks, I mean).

#25 Lobstermania

Lobstermania
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

• Life Cocoon can no longer be dispelled.
Mistweavers confirmed for God-tier healers.

Edited by Lobstermania, 25 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#26 Emoeritz

Emoeritz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2056

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

After carefully reading and thinking about the 5.2 patchnotes, I'm playing with the thought to play punchmonk with the next season.

All the changes concerning mistweavers are bug fixes or quality of life changes, that pretty much everyone expected. (like the change to life cocoon)
Playing a heal monk will surely more fun and more competitive but  I don't think that mistweavers can push even with other healers.
They're just missing something special, that makes you take a mw over a shaman, paladin or druid.

Windwalkers on the other hand are getting nice changes that seem to address the main issues right now .
No more chi costs on ToK and sprint helps a lot, a base lined insignia (dk's only get something like this via 90 talent) and the whole mastery change. (I'm not sure how useful this new spirit skill will be, a lot of infos are missing, like if these things are guardians etc.)
Overall the changes seem great and useful.
My only concern is that punchmonks could be out-shined by rogues, some of their changes seem kinda extreme.

But it's a long way till 5.2, we'll see how the PTR proceeds.

#27 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2365

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostEmoeritz, on 29 December 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

After carefully reading and thinking about the 5.2 patchnotes, I'm playing with the thought to play punchmonk with the next season.

All the changes concerning mistweavers are bug fixes or quality of life changes, that pretty much everyone expected. (like the change to life cocoon)
Playing a heal monk will surely more fun and more competitive but  I don't think that mistweavers can push even with other healers.
They're just missing something special, that makes you take a mw over a shaman, paladin or druid.

Windwalkers on the other hand are getting nice changes that seem to address the main issues right now .
No more chi costs on ToK and sprint helps a lot, a base lined insignia (dk's only get something like this via 90 talent) and the whole mastery change. (I'm not sure how useful this new spirit skill will be, a lot of infos are missing, like if these things are guardians etc.)
Overall the changes seem great and useful.
My only concern is that punchmonks could be out-shined by rogues, some of their changes seem kinda extreme.

But it's a long way till 5.2, we'll see how the PTR proceeds.

I think punchers will have the same issues that Affliction+WWMonks have right now.  The class does decent-to-good pressure, but just fucking dies when attacked.  It seems like more and more, if you don't have a powerful, short CD defensive you can activate in a stun (like Barkskin) or a significant amount of passive damage reduction, your class is shit.  This affects Aff Locks (and to a lesser extent other Lock specs) and WW Monks.  Does it hold true across all classes?  Rogues seem to just fucking die if you catch them in a stun without Feint up.  Does anyone have any counter-examples?

Edited by Nadagast, 30 December 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#28 Keiret

Keiret
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostNadagast, on 30 December 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

I think punchers will have the same issues that Affliction+WWMonks have right now.  The class does decent-to-good pressure, but just fucking dies when attacked.  It seems like more and more, if you don't have a powerful, short CD defensive you can activate in a stun (like Barkskin) or a significant amount of passive damage reduction, your class is shit.  This affects Aff Locks (and to a lesser extent other Lock specs) and WW Monks.  Does it hold true across all classes?  Rogues seem to just fucking die if you catch them in a stun without Feint up.  Does anyone have any counter-examples?

Armor is definitely a big problem. Most classes/specs with low armor have other defences that makes them not flop in a single stun. They gave mw the 100% miss, but punchers were completely left out.

#29 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I say to some extent it holds true for all classes. It feels like if you don't have something you can pop while stunned (or some sort of hard immunity) you are at a huge disadvantage.

I don't see dampen harm being used while stunned helping out much, I'm not sure if its just not working right at the moment or what but there have been many a time I've popped it before getting stunned and died in that stun anyways.

Nimble brew, however, sounds like it has some solid potential.

#30 Pandalol

Pandalol
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance 0/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2357

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostZigo, on 30 December 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

I say to some extent it holds true for all classes. It feels like if you don't have something you can pop while stunned (or some sort of hard immunity) you are at a huge disadvantage.

I don't see dampen harm being used while stunned helping out much, I'm not sure if its just not working right at the moment or what but there have been many a time I've popped it before getting stunned and died in that stun anyways.

Nimble brew, however, sounds like it has some solid potential.

But most popular classes have passive reduction. Warrior: 25%, Spreist: 15%, Mooner: 15%, Hunters can get 15%. These classes have chances to live through swaps due to passive mitigation. 15% parry and deflect is so much fucking worse than flat reduction its unreal. When I play my moonkin I feel like an unkillable god compared to my stupid puncher.

#31 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

ARE THEY NOT FIXING THAT SHIT THAT INTERUPTS UR DRINKING? THATS SOME SERIOUSLY ANNOYING SHIT ESPECIALLY SINCE IT TAKES 3-5SEC BEFORE  U START GETTING MANA

#32 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostPandalol, on 01 January 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

But most popular classes have passive reduction. Warrior: 25%, Spreist: 15%, Mooner: 15%, Hunters can get 15%. These classes have chances to live through swaps due to passive mitigation. 15% parry and deflect is so much fucking worse than flat reduction its unreal. When I play my moonkin I feel like an unkillable god compared to my stupid puncher.

Ya this is very true. I think the passive mitigation warriors get is too high, and I'm fine with spriests and moonkins getting it. It is silly to die in a single swap, but not sure what monks can get to help in that regard. I feel like my rogue except I don't have a hard out of a shitty situation. Access to some passive mitigation might help but I don't like solutions like that, I'd rather it be something we have to do to live not just living. I've started to feel like once I trinket I'm in a very killable situation for 2mins, so I'm hoping nimblew brew helps. Maybe fort brew while stunned would help also... no clue.

#33 Woodyhoho

Woodyhoho
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Brewmaster 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2253

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Xuen will now fixate on the Monk's original target
Tiger's Lust and Touch of Karma no longer have a Chi cost.

/drool

Best changes ever. No more warriors popping swifty macro + parry  with your Expel Harm is on cd.....

#34 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

They are by far my favorite changes. A problem I find bigger than that is trinketing something earlier on in the match to only get warbringer shock waved and not being able to karma at all. Karma is a  solid cd, but its just annoying. If you pop it when you are getting pooped on, they swap off and back on 7 seconds later.

To add to this, I think it all boils down to what pandamoniumz said earlier, we don't have the passive mitigation to live to a 7 sec stun lock. If you catch a war at full hp in a warbring shockwave in D stance, he can more than likely live to DbTS or wall out of it. We would have to pre-karma. Maybe dampen harm during stuns will help?

Edited by Zigo, 01 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#35 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostZigo, on 01 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Ya this is very true. I think the passive mitigation warriors get is too high, and I'm fine with spriests and moonkins getting it. It is silly to die in a single swap, but not sure what monks can get to help in that regard. I feel like my rogue except I don't have a hard out of a shitty situation. Access to some passive mitigation might help but I don't like solutions like that, I'd rather it be something we have to do to live not just living. I've started to feel like once I trinket I'm in a very killable situation for 2mins, so I'm hoping nimblew brew helps. Maybe fort brew while stunned would help also... no clue.

I was kinda hoping they'd give us the option to go into Stance of the Sturdy Ox as a Windwalker, but just remove the Stagger portion if you're not a brewmaster. Would be an "okay" thing to use if you're getting focused.
Posted Image Posted Image

#36 Zigo

Zigo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Only played a few games on the PTR (still downloading so my latency was trash) but monks feel amazing. Ring of Peace is so versatile its insane. Nimble brew is a god send, however I didn't realize fully its only "fear, stun, root" there are quite a few things you cant nimble out of but, trinket a rog blind into a CS nimble into a 1.5 sec KS and have fun. Ranged Para is sick, positional req is still meh, but 4 sec cc from ranged is fun.

I went to test how much mastery I could stack without giving up too much and got ~3.5% with 30% crit and 4% exp in full melev. Tigereye was giving almost 45% dmg inc, very fun. Most teams I fought in 2's either didn't know how to play their class or they/we lagged so much it was no fun. I will do more serious testing once I get it completely downloaded.

#37 Wetro

Wetro
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2162

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

did anyone realize? is "storm, earth and fire" implemented yet? guess not

EDIT: on ptr ofc

Edited by Wetro, 04 January 2013 - 03:17 AM.

#38 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostZigo, on 03 January 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Only played a few games on the PTR (still downloading so my latency was trash) but monks feel amazing. Ring of Peace is so versatile its insane. Nimble brew is a god send, however I didn't realize fully its only "fear, stun, root" there are quite a few things you cant nimble out of but, trinket a rog blind into a CS nimble into a 1.5 sec KS and have fun. Ranged Para is sick, positional req is still meh, but 4 sec cc from ranged is fun.

I went to test how much mastery I could stack without giving up too much and got ~3.5% with 30% crit and 4% exp in full melev. Tigereye was giving almost 45% dmg inc, very fun. Most teams I fought in 2's either didn't know how to play their class or they/we lagged so much it was no fun. I will do more serious testing once I get it completely downloaded.

Haven't been able to play games yet but in the (very) few duels I've had, it has been a cakewalk and any monk I see completely annihilates any class they duel as well. I fore-see a nerf to Ring of Peace soon though. :(

View PostWetro, on 04 January 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

did anyone realize? is "storm, earth and fire" implemented yet? guess not

EDIT: on ptr ofc

It's not in yet, sadly. Hopefully won't be long until it's available.
Posted Image Posted Image

#39 Wetro

Wetro
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/0/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2162

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

hopefully its never gonna be available^^
dont have any bindings left - no more new spells plxXx xD

#40 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

most of these changes are unnecessary, but obviously nice.  i would have loved to get the ability to use our defensive stance like warriors, dks and druids can do or make dematerialize for WW too.  the QOL changes are of course amazing too tho
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<