#1 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

So the notes posted on MMO are super early but some interesting changes...

They appear to have removed the cost of our talents using CHI which I found odd.  Adding chi wave to a 15 second CD up from 8 hurts mistweaver IMO.

Looks like Monks will get a new ability called "Ring of Peace".  Brewmaster and Windwalker will also get something called Nimble Brew.

Ring of Peace Forms a sanctuary around you the target for 8 sec, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. silenced and disarmed within 8 yards. Lasts 10 sec. Requires Level 60. 40 yd range. 2 1.5 min cooldown.

Nimble Brew (New) Clears you of all root, stun and fear effects and reduces the duration of future such effects by 60% for 6 sec. Nimble Brew can be cast while stunned or feared.

Edited by Kluian_, 22 December 2012 - 01:59 AM.

╔═════════════( ☻ )════════════╗
║≈ A Comprehensive Guide to Moonkin PvP ≈ ║
╚═════════════( ☻ )════════════╝

Knock people off bridges and cliffs.

#2 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

Ring of Peace is probably gonna be a replacement for Deadly Reach.

Also it looks like the new WW Monk mastery is going to increase the damage you get per stack of Tigereye Brew.  Tigereye Brew now gains a stack for every 2 chi you use, and stacks up to 20 (but you can only consume 10 at a time).  If I'm understanding these changes correctly, and they actually go through like this, WW Monks could be pretty solid.

Edited by Nadagast, 22 December 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#3 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

View PostNadagast, on 22 December 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Ring of Peace is probably gonna be a replacement for Deadly Reach.

Also it looks like the new WW Monk mastery is going to increase the damage you get per stack of Tigereye Brew.  Tigereye Brew now gains a stack for every 2 chi you use, and stacks up to 20 (but you can only consume 10 at a time).  If I'm understanding these changes correctly, and they actually go through like this, WW Monks could be pretty solid.

Yeah it states in the tooltip its a level 60 talent, so it probably is getting rid of Deadly reach and I presume deadly reach will become 20 yard range perma.

#4 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Brewmaster 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

These changes are amazing, albeit I can see that some of them will get nerfed to some extent (the mastery one especially). That Nimble Brew ability is awesome for us as well.

Not sure what to think of Dampen Harm now though, whenever I've tried it in PvP it hasn't actually been consuming any charges so its usefulness is something that could be discussed further. If Nimble Brew goes live it'll make Diffuse Magic still be the go-to talent I guess?

Edited by Jarui, 22 December 2012 - 02:22 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

I imagine they'll have to tone down WW damage a bit given they are leaving 11% of the original mastery passive and increasing the uptime on the damaging brew

#6 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostKluian_, on 22 December 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I imagine they'll have to tone down WW damage a bit given they are leaving 11% of the original mastery passive and increasing the uptime on the damaging brew

Would assume so. I will not mind if it stayed the same though! ;'(

Reading the Chi Wave change as well as the Zen Sphere change, isn't Zen Sphere quite strong? It's kind of a "psuedo" Nature's Guardian, no? Not nearly as strong, but still something.

#7 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostJarui, on 22 December 2012 - 02:31 AM, said:

Would assume so. I will not mind if it stayed the same though! ;'(

Reading the Chi Wave change as well as the Zen Sphere change, isn't Zen Sphere quite strong? It's kind of a "psuedo" Nature's Guardian, no? Not nearly as strong, but still something.

Not really.  Zen Sphere is now dispellable (wasn't before).  It has a 10 second CD.  Chi Wave is a nice talent for WW now considering it will do almost as good damage as chi using abilities and provide free healing.   Mistweaver might be locked into Zen Sphere now though considering the long CD of chi wave.

On live and in pvp gear Zen Sphere ticks for ~12k every 2 seconds, and the "burst" if dispelled would be ~32k healing.  Chi wave heals for 28k each bounce, which makes it a really strong heal for Mistweavers right now in PvP.

Monk healers will just be suspectible to dispells immensely.  Renewing, Zen Sphere, and Enveloping Mist (our only chi dump) will all be dispellable.

Edited by Kluian_, 22 December 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#8 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostKluian_, on 22 December 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

Not really.  Zen Sphere is now dispellable (wasn't before).  It has a 10 second CD.  Chi Wave is a nice talent for WW now considering it will do almost as good damage as chi using abilities and provide free healing.   Mistweaver might be locked into Zen Sphere now though considering the long CD of chi wave.

On live and in pvp gear Zen Sphere ticks for ~12k every 2 seconds, and the "burst" if dispelled would be ~32k healing.  Chi wave heals for 28k each bounce, which makes it a really strong heal for Mistweavers right now in PvP.

Monk healers will just be suspectible to dispells immensely.  Renewing, Zen Sphere, and Enveloping Mist (our only chi dump) will all be dispellable.

I see. Haven't seen any MW numbers before so thank you.

Did anyone see the Displacer Beast change by the way? Holy shit.

#9 Kenkon

Kenkon

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Best...buffs...ever... :D
Rogue r1 s4 s5 s6 | DK gladiator s5 s6 s7 | Priest gladiator s6 s7 | Druid gladiator s9
http://twitch.tv/kenkon

#10 Kluian_

Kluian_
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Well the wowhead changes were a bit more readable.  The damaging brew is brought down to 1% from 2%, but mastery increases it.  Paralysis is 20 yard range base (but position requirements still there).

#11 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Quoting from official EU forums:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=137639

This spell was also added to the database, but wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. Seems cool, possible answer to cleave issues? I hope it makes it live.

#12 aldreya

aldreya
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Enhancement 1/0/2/2/0/2
  • LocationCanary Islands

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

It seems we need to choose between Leg Sweep and Ring of Peace and thats not good for WWs. Dampen Harm  should be changed by Ring of Peace in the fifth tier. Obviously if u face caster team, u pick leg sweep, and if u face melee cleaves, Ring of Peace.

Btw, really nice changes for WWs in the next patch.

#13 Laquisha

Laquisha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ghostlands
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/1/1

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Good changes. I like the chi removal on Tiger's Lust and Touch of Karma, but having Leg Sweep and Ring of Peace in the same tier will suck. Looking forward to playing my monk more serious in 5.2.

Ifix said:

Warrior disarm only does melee weapons.

#14 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Paralysis is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards

COULD IT BE?

#15 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1934

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Pretty much every thing I wished for has been fixed in these current 5.2 notes. Can't wait to play around on the PTR to try this all out. I really have no complaints other than the facing direction on paralysis, but they did make it undispellable so that's fair (actually this was the exact solution I suggested here in the monk forums a while back.)

So many small things/quality of life fixes, mainly the chi removal on chi wave/tiger's lust/karma - going to be -huge-. Doubling scaling/cd on chi wave is a really elegant solution to something that felt somewhat awkard at times, props  to blizz on that one.

Nimble brew (removing stun/fear/roots) is obviously HUGE, another major issue fixed.

I wonder what the cd on "New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire" is. In effect it's a 20% damage increase, and if it stays/goes live it's a big damage cd we desperately needed for burst.

The mastery change is also something I really welcome, felt so bad having a useless mastery.

#16 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Without actually playing around with it (monks are really hard to predict how good they will be in pvp from the sound of their abilities, by just reading about all their abilities before mop got released it sounded like monks would be really strong but they turned out to have some really gamebreaking flaws so I won't jump the gun and predict too much here without actually trying it out on PTR.)

But, to me it really looks like with all these changes that we'll be one of the strongest melees in the game(some would argue that it will just bring us up to par, either way I do believe we'll be fine with these changes, if we'll be just viable or slightly too strong... Time will tell.)

That "Storm, Earth and Fire" ability might actually make us too strong, depending on the exact mechanics of it - duration/cd/ability mechanics will dictate this, I'm REALLY looking forward to messing with it. This is the only change I believe has the possibility of making us OP, blizz needs to keep an eye on it to not turn us into the new feral "sustained burst" class that they just fixed with the feral nerfs. A simple tweak of effective damage increase would be the only thing needed to balance it so I don't believe it'll be a problem. Maybe 20% damage increase is too much, possibly lower it to 10-15% - testing needed.

Edited by hid, 22 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#17 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Storm, earth, fire might also be balanced perfectly fine for pvp at 20% if the "clones" are susceptible to snares/roots/cc since it would only take one of the clones being ccd for a moment for us to not actually gain the effective 20% damage increase, and since it seems like the ability can be toggled off at will it wouldn't be a problem in pvp. This would also add another aspect of skill to the class, knowing when to pop this cd and when to cancel it.

This is obviously just theorycrafting since we know nothing about the actual mechanics of the skill.

One possible explanation would be that this is the solution to us having no cleave in pve, meaning you can only spawn clones on targets you aren't attacking or something like that. Even if so it would be interesting for some comps in pvp (hello affl lock + monk having retarded aoe pressure ^^)

Edited by hid, 22 December 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#18 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Btw, nada, these monk/lock changes making you want to do a complete reroll to monk? ^^ (since the nerf to blood fear and spell lock I guess locks have some other buffs incoming later in the 5.2 patching process though.)

#19 Jarui

Jarui
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Anachronos
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 22 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Paralysis is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards

COULD IT BE?

Best change ever.

#20 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

The question seems to be whether to go for leg sweep or Ring of peace. Everyone seems to overlook the third option which is charging ox wave. Now that the cooldown of it is getting lowered by 50% it will definately be a better option than leg sweep, i mean it is ranged and has shorter CD not to mention it wil synergyze better with the 20yd paralysis aswel. the stun is slightly shorter though. And if u havent tried it in arenas yet its really not that hard to hit, it basicly stuns everything 30yd infront of you. That being said i still think Ring of peace will be the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<