5.2 wishlist - Communitys feed for buffs n' nerfs!

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

So, 5.2 is coming to PTR according to Tweets and Blues soon™. After first PTR build, it's about 2-3 months and patch is live.

Question is; what do YOU want to see getting buffed/nerfed/fixed/tweaked and WHY?
As it's been stated, Developers do read ArenaJunkies and as a community, we(you) have a change to bring out our(yours) feedback about PvP in it's highest level (like it or not, everyone with post rights belong into less than 5% of small PvP community)

Me, for starters would love to:
-reduce the amount of instant stuns, interrupts and cc
-reduce melee uptime vs casters so casters actually can run from melee and kiting is a possibility
-make casters and healers cast abit more than one spell
-Alt gearing made easier during the season

Class specific:
Warrior
-Warbringer roots for 4seconds instead of stun
-Shockwave damage reduced by 90%, cooldown increased to similar cooldowns on that tier, threat increased to compensate it's tanking effect
-Avatar and Recklessness share cooldown of their duration, so they can not be stacked
-Disturpting shout reworked; replaces pummel but gives pummel aoe interrupt effect. Pummel still 15sec cd with this talent

Mage
-Alter Time undispellable
-Blazing Speed duration increased by 1second to bring it on line with other talents on same tier
-Glyph of Polymorph is now minor to bring more interesting choises in glyphs
-Deep Freeze 5sec duration for Frost, fire and arcane unchanged
-Frostbolt stacks once instead of 3 to bring it on a realistic level
-Spellsteal manacost reduced to 20k, using it gives a stacking debuff, increasing manacost by 50% per cast, stacks up to 3 (last cast being around the current manacost)
-Presence of Mind does not include Ring of Frost, or reduces it's cast time to 0.5sec
-Icy Flows reduce casting speed by 50% while active addition to it's current effect

Shaman
-Totemic Restoration does not include Grounding and Tremor
-Wind Shear CD increased to 15sec, range reduced by 5-10yd
-Astral Shift can be used while stunned/silenced
-Healing Surge criticals reduced while in PvP combat (maybe not needed, would need alot of testing)
-Glyph of Purge removed from game
-Purge manacost increased while Restoration specialization activated

Priest
-Glyph of Mass Dispel removed, Discipline has baseline 0.5sec, Shadow 1.5sec (haste affected)
-Mass Dispel only removes control effects, not other debuffs, still works as a offensive dispel to Block/Bubble
-While in Shadowform, healing done by priest reduced by -30% (brought to level with other hybrid healers)
-Dispelling Discpriest shield heals the target by 50% left of the remaining absorb as a 4sec HoT or instantly

Druid
-Predator's Swiftness doesn't affect Cyclone
-Using a finisher reduces cast time of Cyclone by 0.1sec per combopoint used (undispellable)
-Dps Feral Druids no longer can shapeshift out of roots
-Glyph of Dash removes roots when used together with Dash and Stampeding Roar. Dash cd reduced to have a rootbreaker every 1min (numbers can be tweaked)
-King of the Jungle and Berserking can no longer be stacked, they share a cd of each other skills duration
-Skull Bash manacost increasing debuff reduced by 10% and can be dispelled (magic)

Hunters
I honestly feel BM is now at a good state, hard to say anything about MM or Survival because literally nobody plays these specs

Death Knight(King)
-Survivability needs to be increased, otherwise I think they're decent. Hard to say because outside of TSG you don't see DK's

Monks
-Never seen one at any decent level, too easy to interrupt and chaincc without stuns (healerone that is)
-Same thing with meleemonk, easy to kill, easy to cc; needs reworking

Warlock
-Damage of all specs increased outside of Dark Soul, reduced during Dark Soul
-Blood Fear removed and buried and never brought back

Paladin
-Blinding Light has now a cast time same as Repentance
-Something needs to be done with Paladins not casting anything, hard to say what without affecting PvE. Maybe reduce PvP power effiency on instant cast and buff casted

Rogue
After gearing up I think they're in decent spot and when others get nerfed they are more than viable

Everything I did not mention should get indirect buff with the nerfs listed and should bring abit more balanced game experience.

With my suggestions I try to be not biased as possible, trying to think objectivly and base them in experience on 2k-2.5k on Cyclone EU this season.

Discuss and bring your opinions to the table and maybe we get some attention

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone <3

Edited by Crawthz, 21 December 2012 - 02:51 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#2 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

You are asking for some really preposterous changes, but some are quite nice:

a)The first batch of general changes is decent - reducing melee uptime is wrong. Only melee that can't be peeled properly is feral

b)A 1-1.5 min cd on shockwave is simply preposterous. It would make warrior completely worthless vs any good team. The era of warriors being pure damage bots is over. If you want such a change to go through you have to reduce the utility and cc/peeling tools of all other classes by 50% because that is essentially what you are doing on warrior. Shockwave needs tweeking yes, but this is just way way too much. If coupled with a single, 15 sec cd interrupt as you propose afterwards, then warrior have the toolbox they had in BC - 0. Reck avatar change is good.

c)Why should alter time be undispelable? Rest are good or OK.

d)Shaman changes are all nice, except windshear

e)All feral proposed changes are great

f)Dk's need more passive survivability

g)Monks are simply amazing - once more people start playing them you will see. The have the best and most well-thought toolbox in the game

h)Lock changes are nice

i)Paladins have way too much instant cc. Binding light should be tweeked or it should dr with something

j)Rogues need more passive survivability especially vs melees. Making CR a 1 minute cd could help

k)Buff disc mana regen and healing output - nerf shadow utility somehow it's too overwhelming

Holidays are for pussies - keep working

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#3 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hunter, Fix powershot?? give us more options in our talent trees? i honestly think the only good choices is between lvl 15 talents, besides that its pretty much same build for every hunter.

Give hunter mechanic to summon his pet endlessly like warlock.

Also i think alter time should be magic (dispelable).

Edited by idevpro, 21 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

#4 inkorperated

inkorperated
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 0/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1944

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

disc needs more than a hot from dispelling shields

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Trying not to be unbiased, but nerf everything while buffing mages lol.
  • Your feral changes would completely kill the spec, instant clones are fine, at most it needs a 5-10 second cooldown. Symbiosis shouldn't be usable in arena.
  • Fire mages and nethertempest frost mages need to be reworked, they are completely uninteresting playstyles.
  • Cooldown stacking for everything needs to be removed, its the same as s9 warriors and double on use trinkets in vanilla.
  • Void shift needs to be removed from shadow, and the healing nerf needs to affect their shields+their fiend/DP burst needs to be lowered.
  • Rogues seem for the most part fine, a slight buff in sustained damage, maybe make cheat death more accessible/baseline but the Kidney->Cheap->Garrote->Garrote should probably be removed.
  • Hunters seem fine now, MM isnt bad, other specs are just ridiculous.
  • Blood Fear/Demonic Gateway need to be removed/unusable in arena, Warlocks will need something to compensate, I'm not sure what though.
  • Paladins need their CC nerfed, I can CC someone for 26 seconds straight as a holy paladin. Repent is probably a bigger problem than HoJ or Blind, the latter two both have 8-10 yard ranges and you should punish a paladin for pushing in that much.
  • Typhoon needs a 40 second cd
  • I'm not sure what needs to be done for Deathknights, they don't work right now because the game is dominated by long CC chains and one shots, neither of which DK's have. If you give them what they need it would make the game worse.
  • Totemic Restoration obviously needs to be removed, a long with 300k+ heals. Earthshield should probably go back to being undispellable, maybe, and something to protect link/healingtide for atleast a few seconds, being able to kill 3 minute cooldowns with a moonfire/auto attack is kind of dumb. Purge glyph needs to be removed
I probably missed some things, but that's what comes to mind.

#6 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Bugfixes are story of their own, I didn't include them for a reason.

Shockwave is going to be endless debate, but in it's current state it's nobrainer talent choice and needs to be adjusted on an even level with others. Maybe a cd of 35-45 could be ok along what I otherwise said about it.

Alter Time is too easy to purge with current amount of offensive dispels ingame; hence the suggestion. It's powerfull when used offensivly but too RNG when used defensivly

Also remember, numbers can not be changed only because of PvP, this is a PvE game afterall and such propositions would never pass. Numbertweaking is fine when it's not used as baseline spell/glyhp/talent in PvE. Mechanical changes are easier to implement in PvP (like fireblast glyph nerf)

Edited by Crawthz, 21 December 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#7 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2399
  • 3v3: 2829
  • RBG: 2232

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

In addition to what you have stated:

Remove psyfiend and replace it with a single target fear, 1.5 sec cast, 20 sec cooldown.

Make disc unaffected by battle fatigue.

Buff focused will to 35%

Glyph of Desperation baseline.

Revert SWD to how it was pre-mop.

Buff smite/holyfire and nerf atonement so it doesn't affect pve.

Give disc defensive dispel two charges.

Edited by Gekz, 21 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#8 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Blood fear could stay but in a completely different form - say if you are hit by 10 attacks in less than 10 seconds it activates something along those lines

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#9 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostBraindance, on 21 December 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

Blood fear could stay but in a completely different form - say if you are hit by 10 attacks in less than 10 seconds it activates something along those lines

Like Blazing Speed mechanic but little reworked? That would be quite nice

#10 Rofrot

Rofrot
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/1/.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

next time try harder to be unbiased, mages dont need any buffs

Edited by Rofrot, 21 December 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostRofrot, on 21 December 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

next time try harder not to be unbiased, mages dont need any buffs

Deep change is only real buff I posted because little over 2sec deep(dispellable magical stun with a cd) on Orc Shaman with stun metagem is way too much. Rest are either buff to unused talents or lvl 87 spells RNG removal.

Frostbolt debuff buffing would make frostmage bind frostbolt back into bars, now it's almost completely unusable.

#12 Rofrot

Rofrot
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 21 December 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Mage
-Alter Time undispellable buff
-Blazing Speed duration increased by 1second to bring it on line with other talents on same tier buff
-Glyph of Polymorph is now minor to bring more interesting choises in glyphs buff
-Deep Freeze 5sec duration for Frost, fire and arcane unchanged buff
-Frostbomb dispel protection (such a joke) buff
-Frostbolt stacks once instead of 3 to bring it on a realistic level buff
-Spellsteal manacost reduced to 20k, using it gives a stacking debuff, increasing manacost by 50% per cast, stacks up to 3 (last cast being around the current manacost) buff
-Presence of Mind does not include Ring of Frost, or reduces it's cast time to 0.5sec ok
-Icy Flows reduce casting speed by 50% while active addition to it's current effect buff

yeah! fuck alliance players/other races because the orc racial is this good

#13 Kurum

Kurum
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 767

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

i like the completely unbiased mage buffs

#14 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Mage
-Alter Time undispellable
-Blazing Speed duration increased by 1second to bring it on line with other talents on same tier
-Glyph of Polymorph is now minor to bring more interesting choises in glyphs
-Deep Freeze 5sec duration for Frost, fire and arcane unchanged
-Frostbomb dispel protection (maybe not, might be over the top)
-Frostbolt stacks once instead of 3 to bring it on a realistic level
-Spellsteal manacost reduced to 20k, using it gives a stacking debuff, increasing manacost by 50% per cast, stacks up to 3 (last cast being around the current manacost)
-Presence of Mind does not include Ring of Frost, or reduces it's cast time to 0.5sec
-Icy Flows reduce casting speed by 50% while active addition to it's current effect

"wishlist" rofl, be more biased plz

#15 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Meh, should not posted anything about my own class, because of all these "you are biased as fuck" -comments.

Most of the magebuffs posted are to bring more talent diversity to COMPLETELY UNUSED talents. Currently there is NONE between all these talents to choose from, they are braindead chooses and others are complete carbage.

Blazing Speed tiers Ice Barrier, it's currently only real talent in the row
Same thing with PoM, which Icy Flows tier with, nobody even considers using anything else than PoM, it would continue the same way as before even if I couldn't use PoM->RoF anymore.

Alter Time, lvl87 baseline spell which is mostly purged by almost every class ingame before it's been applied over 1 second.

Frostbomb gets dispelled too easily without any thought given to it, doesn't matter if VT or UA is applied. That's one of the reasons why there's NT running mages without never casting again.

ALL the changes I proposed to frost spec specially would make MORE casting opposed to current "nevercastagain" gameplay.

Rest of them are just simply made to have more talent/glyph diversity, which is why the current talent system was implemented. Now it's not working.

But if you have something else to propose to these changes, please do. Pointing out changes without reasoning why is pointless and is waste of forum space.

Edited by Crawthz, 21 December 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#16 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 480
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 21 December 2012 - 08:05 AM, said:

Shaman
-Totemic Restoration does not include Grounding and Tremor
-Wind Shear CD increased to 15sec, range reduced by 5-10yd
-Astral Shift can be used while stunned/silenced
-Healing Surge criticals reduced while in PvP combat (maybe not needed, would need alot of testing)
-Glyph of Purge removed from game
-Purge manacost increased while Restoration specialization activated

What you don't get is that if you nerf all that you wont see any Enhancement/Elemental shamans in arena.

If you want to take something you also need to give something.

I agree that Purge glyph needs to be removed that 1 ability is what makes you even see enhancement shamans in arena probly elemental also because it's soo strong. If you remove Purge elemental shaman and Enhancement shaman needs to get a substain damange increase and maybe reduce damage done in Ascendance.   Tremor totem should not be removed from Totemic Restoration problem is everyone uses a macro to kill the totem to regain its cooldown that was fixed in 5.1 but then someone found a new macro to abuse.

Sure you can increase cooldown on windshear from 12 to 15 seconds cooldown but then also increase the lockout from spells from 3 to 4 seconds.

My self im looking forward for next balance patch since PoM into RoF is being removed same with Blood Fear and Predator Swiftness is being revamped (yes its a bluepost on mmo champ)

i think warriors are fine atm only 1 change id like to see and thats damage removed or reduced on Shockwave.

#17 Hynníx

Hynníx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Should just replace shockwave with throwdown and give shockwave for Protection warriors baseline or make shockable only being able to hit 1 target in PvP ( which would be the target of the warrior ) , remove the damnge from shockwave as stuns shouldn't do damnge.

for mages I would like a frostbolt buff outside of roots by like 200% as currently in PvP 15-20k  - in roots buffed by 40-50%  - reduced casttime by 0.4 seconds as haste seems worthless.  

Frozen orb removed from the game ( wont happen :( ) but that thing is complety retarded...

Would like to see some disc damnge buff and healing so they would be on pair with other healers

rogue burst with all cds should probaly be nerfed a bit as its really high and buff their damnge outside of shadowdance & blades as its terrible.

give them Prep baseline

Apart from that I liked most of what you said

#18 Fetah

Fetah

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

tbh just disallow all modifiers that makes the next cast instant from being able to affect CC spells, (would solve feral shit), or maybe make it half duration. and fucking remove blood fear from the game and add it to eve online or smth, they can have it instead

Posted Image

#19 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostClaynz, on 21 December 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

What you don't get is that if you nerf all that you wont see any Enhancement/Elemental shamans in arena.

If you want to take something you also need to give something.

I agree that Purge glyph needs to be removed that 1 ability is what makes you even see enhancement shamans in arena probly elemental also because it's soo strong. If you remove Purge elemental shaman and Enhancement shaman needs to get a substain damange increase and maybe reduce damage done in Ascendance.   Tremor totem should not be removed from Totemic Restoration problem is everyone uses a macro to kill the totem to regain its cooldown that was fixed in 5.1 but then someone found a new macro to abuse.

Sure you can increase cooldown on windshear from 12 to 15 seconds cooldown but then also increase the lockout from spells from 3 to 4 seconds.

I agree, if purgeglyph is taken away, ele and ehna would become useless; although I believe that giving defensive cooldown that is useable in any given circumstance is what both specs desperately need. Both specs offensive capabities are scary during Ascendancy which is why I couldn't think of any damagebuff mechanic that would be fair.

Windshear is quite powerfull ranged interrupt, specially in hands of restoshaman. Ele and Enha it's ok in my opinion.

After the hotfix on Tremormacro got circled around, fixing it would not work. Someone could come again with an abuse. Hence the removal from the talent.

Feels like shamans are special snowflakes which are hard to touch.

#20 Rofrot

Rofrot
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

View PostCrawthz, on 21 December 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Meh, should not posted anything about my own class, because of all these "you are biased as fuck" -comments.
With the changes you suggest you could just pump two less than 50% casttime frostbolts while running and/or do constant +15% damage icelances while waiting for you undispellable bomb to explode in your 5sec deep+CS combo soloing any healer from full hp without the healer being able to do anything to prevent it.

View PostHynníx, on 21 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Apart from that I liked most of what you said
Yes, we can see that you are a mage.

Edited by Rofrot, 21 December 2012 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<