averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostGalaleo, on 20 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

You are warrior and point is invalid. I played both melee and caster @ high lvls and the caster comps ALWAYS have to do more than the melee to win. The few times I played melee cleave it was pick a target and have 1 simple focus kick bind. THATS IS, no fake casting, no juking, no real need for CC because there was no way in hell the casters would be able to pump the damage we did.

Holy fuck you serious? Spam those chaos waves and 1shot someone bro. LMAO

#82 Ahlaundoh

Ahlaundoh
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Anetheron
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1990

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 20 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

?
Posted Image
Posted Image
pve the best

#83 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostAhlaundoh, on 20 December 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

?

What? You thought it was more skillful than just tunnelling someone down? I'm not defending anything here, but there are just as many down syndrome kids playing casters as melee's globalling you that have no clue what they are doing.

#84 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 20 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

can you just like, shut up? Please and thank you.
grats on access

View Postaveragepriestz, on 20 December 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

pillars are hard to find i understand.

#85 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 20 December 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

It comes down to the style of play and the way comps get kills.

Melee cleaves typically train one person, maybe a swap on heals if in bad position or used Cds, until something falls over.  Caster cleaves have more swaps and kills at 100-0 b/c healer is in CC w/o defensive CDs up.  Healing debuff helped melee cleaves a lot more b/c it aligns with their particular strategy/style of play.

It also favors mindless healer tunneling, which is always bad.

IF dot cleaves were around then the healing debuff change would also greatly benefit them, since they are based on pressure w/ damage, similar to melee cleaves, the difference is pressure on all targets or one.

I believe:

You should be able to win games by:

1.  long cc chain and burst
2.  OOMing other healer
3.  pressure from single target or spread damage

My Recommmendation:

1.  revert healing debuff to 15%
2.  pvp wide mana regeneration reduction by 30% (would make healers think about healing efficiently and better change for mages)
The regen nerf is a very good idea. Now regarding the cc chains I disagree - the dmg/cc playstyle is what separates classes from each other. Some do damage, other cc. More cc is very bad - it's way better having to deal with high damage than not playing for 60% of the game. I don't want to see combos like trap clone clone clone trap as I did in BC. If I was designing the game no player could be ccd for more than 10 seconds in a row, and no  hit would take more than 20% of a player's hit.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#86 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I think the healing nerf was fine, the problem is still that purge is still way too strong against disc, druid, and monk and alot of their healing/absorbs are almost instantly purged.  They need to look at offensive purge how they did with spellsteal, it is far too strong in this state of the game.
<3

#87 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 20 December 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

What? You thought it was more skillful than just tunnelling someone down? I'm not defending anything here, but there are just as many down syndrome kids playing casters as melee's globalling you that have no clue what they are doing.

Don't know where you have been for the last weeks, but chaos wave is hotfixed since some week back and now Frost Bomb as well. Not many casters can one shot in the same aspect as melee can anymore. But you're a paladin, ofc you are going to hate on mages and warlocks while coming to the rescue of meleecleaving.

Ontopic: I feel like this nerf hit Resto Druids way harder than it hit Rshaman and Holy Paladin, a hunter can out dps all your hots.

#88 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostDerpin, on 20 December 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

I think the healing nerf was fine, the problem is still that purge is still way too strong against disc, druid, and monk and alot of their healing/absorbs are almost instantly purged.  They need to look at offensive purge how they did with spellsteal, it is far too strong in this state of the game.
I think this calls for a disc nerf. Disc should remove 0.25 buffs per dispel, stack 4 dispels to remove one and shamans should remove 4 buffs per purge.
Just to balance things out, same way they did with battle fatigue. One class was doing 240k heals, the other one was doing 50k heals. They analyzed the problem , now it's 200k vs 42k. Problem solved.

Joke aside, ideally shaman and paladins should lose %15 healing , druids should remain the same, priests should gain %15. Shamans should purge 1 , disc should purge 2. But that was too trivial to do.

Edited by Djandawg, 21 December 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#89 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostGalaleo, on 20 December 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

pillars are hard to find i understand.

You can kite a melee around a pillar too. Really easy LOL. Retard defending how chaos wave was, good one.

View PostErmurazorqt, on 21 December 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

Don't know where you have been for the last weeks, but chaos wave is hotfixed since some week back and now Frost Bomb as well. Not many casters can one shot in the same aspect as melee can anymore. But you're a paladin, ofc you are going to hate on mages and warlocks while coming to the rescue of meleecleaving.

I'm talking in general. I used chaos wave as an example.

#90 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

View PostGalaleo, on 20 December 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

P.S. 63 games played on your active toon and no 1550 achieve. Which one of your glad buddies allowed you to use their account to speak?

Not only was I a member here 3 years before you, I was also a member before I got glad.  I don't actively play the character I got glad with, so why should I have it set it as my active?

Also I don't really give a shit what you played, it doesn't make what you said any more accurate.  You're still biased, and that's what I am making fun of you for.  You didn't even comment on any of the points I made, you just tried to call me out on not playing very often or borrowing someone's account.

Let's talk about how caster cleaves are just as bad as melee cleaves in terms of being brain dead.  They're both equally retarded, but for some reason you refuse to acknowledge that.  Is that because you currently play an instantcaster?

#91 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostNisslol, on 20 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Indeed, tastes good spiced with rogue butthurt.
Posted Image

#92 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

playing healers atm is not even remotely fun

#93 Emuu

Emuu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Norgannon
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Was needed, dk survival still way to strong

#94 averagepriestz

averagepriestz
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostDramabeats, on 21 December 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

playing healers atm is not even remotely fun

Shouldnt't it make it more exciting, considering it gets harder :) ?

#95 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 21 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

no?? how can it be more exciting to see my mates having to pop every defensive CD while I'm sitting in ages of instant CC vs. for example KFC and once I can cast he dies because my ns just critted for 130k which the hunters pet justt outdpsed in that global. exciting stuff, indeed.

#96 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostPeacesells, on 20 December 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

Perhaps you should go back to kindergarden

You insulted someone's intelligence by spelling kindergarten wrong.

Interesting.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#97 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

i tried playing something other then godcomp on my druid. yeh KFC is pretty fun to heal against

#98 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostTteSPORTSDoomsen, on 21 December 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

no?? how can it be more exciting to see my mates having to pop every defensive CD while I'm sitting in ages of instant CC vs. for example KFC and once I can cast he dies because my ns just critted for 130k which the hunters pet justt outdpsed in that global. exciting stuff, indeed.

Tbh I think the problem here is just BM Hunters having too much (more or less unstoppable) damage. It's already ridiculously high, and their ability to pop cooldowns twice in a row isn't really needed. The pet in general is way too strong; 100k Blink Strikes shouldn't be a thing. I'm not sure how it hasn't been nerfed yet.

Particularly, having to use everything to survive the opener, then having the Hunter get another set of cooldowns immediately after, when you have nothing to stop it, is too hard to deal with.

Unrelated, I hate ending up in a 1v1 with a Hunter, because it just runs around in circles using LoS while it's pet solos me. Not that 1v1 matters, but I don't think this is remotely okay.

Also, my favorite screenshot of the season. 70% of the damage was from the Hunter, the Warrior had no cooldowns. http://i.imgur.com/NKQUA.jpg

Edited by zsuper, 21 December 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#99 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 21 December 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

You can kite a melee around a pillar too. Really easy LOL. Retard defending how chaos wave was, good one.

I'm talking in general. I used chaos wave as an example.

Yeah, you can kite the derps around a pillar while they still pump unhealable dps into, and in the process put your healer in an impossible situation. Good idea mr paladin. Please stick to what you know, which is picking a target and screaming "GO HARD"!

Seriously though I cant tell if youre retarded or just trolling. Your class leads me to think retarded though to be honest. What fucking benefit would kiting a melee behind a pillar be? Holy shit youre dumb.

#100 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postaveragepriestz, on 21 December 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

You play paladin, which means your comps are always brain dead. Sometimes they are strong in expansions and sometimes they are not as strong. Make no mistake though, they are always brain dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<