#1 Highmoon

Highmoon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'm playing shadow priest on a 2280cr, rank 14, god comp on nightfall.  Last night we went up against 2400cr, rank 6, warrior, demo lock, rshaman team and went 1-5.  They tunnel me 90% of the game and spread a bit of damag with lock aoe and dots.  Their lock down keeps me from putting up VT, which kills my mana and prevents me from using mass dispel, halo and limits my rotation.  To make it worst, the lock puts curse of enfemblement so I do less damage and get less VT ticks.  I feel useless vs warrior shaman teams, as both are "lol immune to fear."  I'm not sure what to do.  We put dots on the lock, warrior and lock pet.  Polly, silence, ring on the shaman.  Our druid keeps most his dispells for fear.  Last game damage/healing was:

Lock: 10m/1m
Warrior: 10m/0.5m
Mage: 8.5m/0.4m
Priest: 7.7m/3.7m

Most my healing was from POM bouncing.  I didnt look at the healers.  What should I do?  They pressure me all game with lock down and I fell like I have no cc.

#2 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

-coordinate better
-be more aware
-identify who is in the best position to die (you can kill them all)
-think about why you are doing stuff and ask yourself if it makes sense to do what you are doing when you are doing it
-stop saying rank 14 and rank 6

Edited by brosearch, 19 December 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#3 Highmoon

Highmoon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

View Postbrosearch, on 19 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

-coordinate better
-be more aware
-identify who is in the best position to die (you can kill them all)
-think about why you are doing stuff and ask yourself if it makes sense to do what you are doing when you are doing it
-stop saying rank 14 and rank 6

How insightful.... I didn't know I should "coordinate better."  Do you copy and paste this on every thread?  Looking for real help.  Thanks.

#4 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostHighmoon, on 19 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

How insightful.... I didn't know I should "coordinate better."  Do you copy and paste this on every thread?  Looking for real help.  Thanks.

You pick out the one general comment he made and ignore the actual advice, meanwhile insulting him. Not going to help you get better.

#5 Lightsmop

Lightsmop
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

tell us what your teammates are doing while you are getting tunneled.
seems like you are playin 3v3 on your own..be more specific pls.

#6 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Dragonmaw
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2211
  • LocationUS

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Tell your healer to dispel the aura, you should be able to catch the crucial blood fears with MDs. Warlock shouldn't generally be regarded as kill target, especially due to the fact that they have a shaman (most likely kill target). Force trinkets from shaman and lock with pressure on warrior, Go on shaman with a clone/root (double root if safeguard spec) on warrior, blanket->fear on lock, and deep on sham.

#7 brosearch

brosearch
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostHighmoon, on 19 December 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

would you like me to tell you to deep freeze a kill target as a fear lands? do u want me to tell you to silence out of a poly? do u want me to tell you to pop offensive cds in a no trinket deep target with full cc on his healer? sorry bro im sure a rank14 player can figure that shit out on his own. after all you are rank 14.

i merely told you how to solve the problem which will help you much more in the long run.

#8 Deliriumz

Deliriumz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Like most 2200 god comps, you're probably just randomly throwing your CC around and not really thinking about what the proper line-up is.. Because that will get you 2200 playing the comp. You're playing your own 3 games, you should be more concerned with how your CC's mesh together. In MoP with psyfiend and psychic scream a shaman is not 'lol unfearable'. Keeping mana high is important against the comp, I mean I don't really know what else to say when you say you can't keep VT up enough for mana.. because its plenty possible? If the warrior is gonna train you start to finish, get some of his cd's but dragging him around a pillar and if he follows you, you should be able to kill him in a deep if hes not going to trinket. Play 'turtle'ish when you don't have cd's up, don't just stand out in the middle of the map and tank their damage. Swap hard and fast and then go back to playing defense.. it's how shatterplay has always been played.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<