Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hi Friends

Ive spent my time in his xpac, thus far, leveling toons.  I have a mage, priest, druid and pally ready to start pvp'ing.  As far as arenas, I have gladiator titles on my mage and priest only.  However, I like all four of these classes pretty much the same.  I've only healed on the paladin and druid.  I've dps'ed on the mage (obviously) and the priest.

For those of you who have spent time doing arenas, rated bgs and just pvp'ing in general- of these 4 classes which would you play first for pvp in this xpac.  I'm leaning toward druid (boomkin and resto, never played feral but willing to try), but like I said I enjoy all of them.  I am just curious what you all think.  Thanks for the input.

edit:  I know one of the answers here is "to play whichever you like the most."  However, I'm interested in hearing reasons to play each of the classes based on your experience. This is a high-end forum so I'm hoping to get informed responses...**crosses fingers and prays to the gods...**

Edited by Jentry, 19 December 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#2 Sagild

Sagild
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/1/1/.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

rdruid / sp / mage.

I personally like playing resto druid because of the hots. Their healing is different than other healers' and they provide lots of CC and bring lots of stuff to the table

Shadow priest because it's a class that provides a lot of utility seeing as they can dmg as well as off heal, provide both defensive and offensive dispells, CC and shields.

Mages are also very fun to play (imo) seeing as they've got great damage, good CC with novas and sheeps/rings, good defensive abilities.

But honestly, there is a downside to all of them. If you haven't geared them up yet, there is almost no point starting now as you will be outgeared for the rest of the season. If that is the matter though and you still wanna go with one of them, I wouldn't go with mage as you pretty much need very good gear to survive and do a decent amount of pressure.
Posted Image

#3 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'd go with Spriest. Their damage is quite good, same for suvivibility and peels incase they are needed

And between healers I'd pick Holy Paladin, they got insanely buffed with the Frostbomb nerf (atleast in my opinion) and well, double freedom, insane heals and the possiblity, to cc an enemy player for half a minute could maybe be quite fun.

Druids are fun aswell, but don't even bother starting a resto druid this season, it's a pain healing those meelecleaves with full gear.So basically you don't even need to try with a heroic weapon + full honor gear.

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 19 December 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#4 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Mage and Druid are both going to be REALLY painful (imo) trying to gear up this late in the season.

Spriest and Holy paladin will still be painful but I think less so. The gear is a huge deal now to be able to compete at all really.

Spriest is probably overall the strongest class, lots of comps, they have great offensive and defensive ability/utility.

just my 2 cents.

#5 Jarzombek

Jarzombek
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Have those classes at 90 aswell, but havnt geared up the mage yet. I like resto druid most of them, always several options on what you can do. Disc is fun as always, but bad mana, rather weak heals and get trained alot. SP could be fun i guess, being one of the strongest specs right now and you can play it with any other dps spec, but I find it abit boring. Just started with hpala and they say its a great healer now after the mage nerfs  but I don't really like the paladin class that much, yet. But I can see how setting up kills with rep, hoj and blind can be fun.

But I would go rdruid

#6 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'm going to throw out mage hoping you have more sense than that and just compare the hybrid classes:

Since it will take you several weeks to get to a decent gear level it's important for you to look forward and predict what types of changes might be coming around the corner.

priest - nerf bat radar, low
Looks like 5.2 will bring some disc and MW monk buffs so hopefully there will be more variability with healers from an arena standpoint.  Disc is not competitive yet but with changes to other classes its moving in the right direction.  SP is a fantastic dps option, great synergy with most classes due to unique abilities to off heal and defensive dispell.

pal - nerf bat radar, medium
HPals are very strong now esp as 2s healers and in melee cleave comps.  People are kind of bitching about the cc chains so that might get looked at but will still be plenty playable.  

druid - nerf bat radar, high
Resto might get an indirect nerf from cyclone changes due to people bitching about feral instant cyclones.  Survivability would also greatly suffer from any changes to displacer beast.  Boomer is alright for rbgs/bgs but I don't see it very often in arenas, definitely not 2s.  You might see more now with mages and wars toned down, boomer burst is under-rated.

*I did not look at ret and feral b/c seems like you prefer casters.

My recommendation would be spriest w/ potential for disc.

#7 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

So I was going to make a similar topic, but could anyone give me suggestions on the FUNNEST class to play, idc about how op they are etc, just the funnest playstyle.  I play warrior main btw.  For 80+ toons I have:

Feral, hpal, rsham, rogue, spriest, lock, hunter, dk

I was thinking hpal, hunter, or spriest, but open to any thoughts

#8 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Wow, interesting feedback, thank you.  Is it really so late in the season that gearing up is an issue?

I don't think so...grab two other people who you get along with and who are competent in arenas and who communicate well and it would only take a few weeks to get minimum for weapon... and a lot of bgs to get other gear competitive enough to get into gladiator range, whatever that may be for the season.  

There is a huge difference between getting gladiator and trying to be a top team imo.  I have no delusions of grandeur to be a top player compared to other gladiators, but getting to gladiator range, especially given the people who are participating in this conversation, isn't too terribly hard.  Caveat- I haven't really played seriously since season 7 so lol at me:)  I may not be even close to the mark with my comments re: glad range but the game can't have changed that much.

I read up on spriests and checked the spells out- seems like they have some decent utility.  I wonder if they have enough to survive a melee train though, even with a competent healer.  Resto druid is just plain fun to play.  I'd like to check out boomkins...their burst potential seems underated and maybe even unoticed by many.  Mage is meh...I liked rmp when mages could actually cast frostbolt with meaning.  I'm enticed by holy paladin too.

Again, thanks for the input:)  Have fun!

Edited by Jentry, 20 December 2012 - 02:04 AM.

#9 Galaleo

Galaleo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

If you dont play warrior you are ok in my book mate. Such a derpy ass low skill class at the moment.

#10 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostGalaleo, on 20 December 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

If you dont play warrior you are ok in my book mate. Such a derpy ass low skill class at the moment.

sadly so true...

#11 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

View PostGalaleo, on 20 December 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

when wasn't it

#12 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Seriously, Warriors are that imbalanced right now?   It can't be as bad as DK back in the day when they could just crush resto druids.

Based on a review of the top comps, resto shaman are the prefered healer, mages are popular and so are spriests.  One last question since the community has been awesome in answering my questions so far...

What is a popular comp for third spot with a healer (hpally or resto druid) and a warrior?  My brother plays a warrior and I would provide heals via the pally or druid.  Thanks again mates!

#13 Jentry

Jentry
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Blackwater Raiders
  • Whirlwind

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

View PostHackattack3, on 19 December 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

I'm going to throw out mage hoping you have more sense than that and just compare the hybrid classes:

Since it will take you several weeks to get to a decent gear level it's important for you to look forward and predict what types of changes might be coming around the corner.

priest - nerf bat radar, low
Looks like 5.2 will bring some disc and MW monk buffs so hopefully there will be more variability with healers from an arena standpoint.  Disc is not competitive yet but with changes to other classes its moving in the right direction.  SP is a fantastic dps option, great synergy with most classes due to unique abilities to off heal and defensive dispell.

pal - nerf bat radar, medium
HPals are very strong now esp as 2s healers and in melee cleave comps.  People are kind of bitching about the cc chains so that might get looked at but will still be plenty playable.  

druid - nerf bat radar, high
Resto might get an indirect nerf from cyclone changes due to people bitching about feral instant cyclones.  Survivability would also greatly suffer from any changes to displacer beast.  Boomer is alright for rbgs/bgs but I don't see it very often in arenas, definitely not 2s.  You might see more now with mages and wars toned down, boomer burst is under-rated.

*I did not look at ret and feral b/c seems like you prefer casters.

My recommendation would be spriest w/ potential for disc.

+1 for a well-thought-out post buddy.  Thanks!

#14 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostJentry, on 20 December 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

Seriously, Warriors are that imbalanced right now?   It can't be as bad as DK back in the day when they could just crush resto druids.

Based on a review of the top comps, resto shaman are the prefered healer, mages are popular and so are spriests.  One last question since the community has been awesome in answering my questions so far...

What is a popular comp for third spot with a healer (hpally or resto druid) and a warrior?  My brother plays a warrior and I would provide heals via the pally or druid.  Thanks again mates!

Thought I would provide this link since its the most accurate data I've seen in terms of arena representation.

http://www.worldofwa...0-0--0-0-0.html

Also including old arena representation link with quick and dirty analysis I did:

http://www.arenajunk...on/page__st__60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<