#1 Imitation

Imitation
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hi, I want to buy a new keyboard and I'm switching from a "regular" to a mechanical. I don't need any extra buttons or other fancy glowing things and I want it to be normal sized. My budget is around 80€, can you give my some suggestions?

Thanks

#2 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Bought my Qpad MK-50 with Cherry MX Reds for exactly 79€. Prize should be lower if you dont live where polar bears live.

Pros:
-The buttons are not hard to push, but they still give some resistance
-Fast learning curve to use it, after you have gotten used to it this is very accurate and pushing buttons feels faster (no clue whatever the case)
-Not that much sound, some of the harder switches keep annoying noice (could hear my old roommate coding through the wall with his keyboard)
-Media buttons with Fn+F1-F6 really handy when you have gotten used to like G11/G15
-You get 4 orange buttons which you can put to wasd and it looks like a true gamerboard

Cons:
-Feels kind of expensive, 80€ and you dont even get flashing leds which annoy the fuck out of you
-The material feels like it collects every dust piece from the room and you need to swipe them away every week unless you want it to turn gray
<poliisi mies kerho>

#3 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

When you say "normal sized" do you mean with a numpad, or 87 key format?  If you don't use a numpad, I would recommend a coolermaster whateverthefuck rapid thingy for a budget keyboard.  Most mechanical keyboards don't have flashy shit, so that should not be an issue.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#4 Imitation

Imitation
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'd still like to have the numpad seeing as I use it sometimes. I think I'll try the Qpad MK-50 but with cherry mx browns, I think I wouldn't feel comfortable playing with reds or blacks since I've never tried a mechanical keyboard before.
Thanks for the replies

#5 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

If you can find boards to try out before you buy (either friends or in a store), it may be worth your while.  If you end up hating the tactile bump on browns & blues it'd be unfortunate.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<