• Curse Sites
Help

If I don't bump this thread the morning of Dec 21...

December 21st Doomsday Mayan calendar Serious Survival

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#1 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Being from the east coast of Australia I will be one of the first to know if dec 21 will indeed be the end for us all. Due to these circumstances I have appointed myself the role of doomsday herald for ajot.

If I don't bump this thread the morning of Dec 21 it will mean that those of you in the US will only have 16-19 hours to live and those of you in EU may have as little as 6 to 9 hours until your time is up.

Should the Mayan prediction not completely wipe us out I am committed to surviving as long as possible and perhaps even begin towards re-establishing some form of society, should this happen we will require a universal meeting point(suggestions welcome) for any survivors where we will either elect a new ruler or have a battle royal between willing participants to decide our overlord.

As for immediate survival, after doing an inventory check of my pantry I have ten packets of mi goreng instant noodles, 4 tins of tuna in oil and two 5 kg bags of chocolate whey. This should be enough to hold me over for at least 3 weeks if I ration my servings carefully.

Tomorrow I am going to buy as much bottled water as I can find, if worse comes to worst I will store my own urine in empty plastic bottles and stay hydrated that way.

For the record it is currently 2.09 AM 19.12.12. I will get a good nights rest and continue prepping at exactly 6.30am.

I urge you to spend what may be your last hours with your loved ones, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
I'm the man.

#2 droolingmoron

droolingmoron
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

if i were living in the us i prolly wouldn't leave the house on 21st dec - too many lunatics with guns over there. your plan sounds good though. i wish you the best of luck
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen.

L.W.

#3 bareblar03

bareblar03
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/./.
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

what a brave soul

"Keep the fire alive inside you." - Baron X.
Soundcloud.com/BaronX
Facebook.com/BaronXOfficial
YouTube.com/BaronXOfficial
Twitter.com/BaronXOfficial
Coming Soon: BaronXOfficial.com

Artist of ProseTM
Posted Image

#4 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

In case of global zombie pandemic, I will be the master troll. I will play survivor and when people let me in their secure zones like houses, I will wake in the middle of the night to open all the doors and leave them sleeping. Also, I will smear myself with zombie shit so zombies dont know about my swag.

If its a meteor coming down, I will lock peoples shelters from outside so when the tsunami hits, they will all drown.

Holy shit, maybe I should be worried since these are the only two ways I can imagine the world ending? Maybe I should watch less movies and watch more some conspiracy theory documents..
<poliisi mies kerho>

#5 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

P O
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#6 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

L I

#7 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Z E I

#8 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

The end of days doesn't vary throughout the globe dummy.  It runs on the same absolute clock, NY standard awesome time.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#9 infectionx

infectionx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/2/.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

http://en.wikipedia....calyptic_events

Sort of relevant i guess, the end is nigh...for the 157th time apparently :P.
Restoration shamans in season 11 According to
Felic:
And yeah they can survive for more than 30 seconds without casting. You have partners in 3v3 you know? SURPRISE

#10 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

The last 4 are interesting

#11 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

If the end of the world was predictable, the whole point of life is gone, so stop being massive troll :)
Posted Image

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

12:00 GMT+0 it's when it's happening

#13 RavageDionne

RavageDionne
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1709

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Mayans didn't account for leap year. We should have died a while ago.
/thread

Enter the nightmare, this future does implore,
A techno city state, a prison nothing more.
Rounded up like cattle, you're forced in to the trains,
Nothing that you've ever known will bring you so much pain.

Posted Image

#14 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View PostRavageDionne, on 18 December 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

Mayans didn't account for leap year. We should have died a while ago.
/thread
This is a huge misconception.

The Mayan calendar wasn't a solar calendar, so they didn't exactly care to measure leap years. It doesn't keep track of time through SOLAR YEARS, it simply counts the amount of days since the beginning of something thousand BCE, or whenever this era began.

There are 13 baktuns of about 144,000 days each, all totalling to 1,872,000 days. When you actually take into account the leap years, you get December 21st, 2012.

Anyways, the only thing we know is that the current Mayan long count cycle ends this Friday, and then begins again. Not much to support an apocalypse. Although, it feels like the world is getting closer to an apocalypse with each passing day.

#15 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

View Posttreeqt, on 18 December 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

P O

L I

Z E I

At first I was like wtf why he posting random letters but then I got it. You have my attention now.

View PostFTRouslan, on 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

This is a huge misconception.

The Mayan calendar wasn't a solar calendar, so they didn't exactly care to measure leap years. It doesn't keep track of time through SOLAR YEARS, it simply counts the amount of days since the beginning of something thousand BCE, or whenever this era began.

There are 13 baktuns of about 144,000 days each, all totalling to 1,872,000 days. When you actually take into account the leap years, you get December 21st, 2012.

Anyways, the only thing we know is that the current Mayan long count cycle ends this Friday, and then begins again. Not much to support an apocalypse. Although, it feels like the world is getting closer to an apocalypse with each passing day.

Maybe Ancient Aliens came and told them that world is going to end in xx days instead of solar years and they decided to use the counting system instead the solar one. God thank they counted it for us so I will know when to blow all my money on coke and whores.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#16 YOLO

YOLO
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

You're doing God's work, son.

#17 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

View PostPolizei, on 18 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

At first I was like wtf why he posting random letters but then I got it. You have my attention now.

Maybe Ancient Aliens came and told them that world is going to end in xx days instead of solar years and they decided to use the counting system instead the solar one. God thank they counted it for us so I will know when to blow all my money on coke and whores.

You don't need a calendar for that...

#18 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostPolizei, on 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

In case of global zombie pandemic, I will be the master troll. I will play survivor and when people let me in their secure zones like houses, I will wake in the middle of the night to open all the doors and leave them sleeping. Also, I will smear myself with zombie shit so zombies dont know about my swag.

If its a meteor coming down, I will lock peoples shelters from outside so when the tsunami hits, they will all drown.

Holy shit, maybe I should be worried since these are the only two ways I can imagine the world ending? Maybe I should watch less movies and watch more some conspiracy theory documents..
This is a serious thread, we don't need trolls here. But yes you should be worried and I urge you to spend your remaining time with your loved ones.

View Poststcolbert, on 18 December 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

The end of days doesn't vary throughout the globe dummy.  It runs on the same absolute clock, NY standard awesome time.
If the Mayans were capable of predicting an event as great as the end of the world I think they are capable of taking time zones into account.

View PostWitsel, on 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

12:00 GMT+0 it's when it's happening
Refer to above.

View PostYOLO, on 18 December 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

You're doing God's work, son.
Just trying to help out my fellow ajot members.
I'm the man.

#19 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

It is currently 11.28 AM 19.12.12.

This morning I managed to secure 30 liters of bottled water, this won't last long in a global epidemic but at least it's a start. Right now I'm stuck at work, I will be able to get a large amount of alcohol here which may be able to be used as currency or even for cleaning wounds etc if need be.

After I finish my shift I am going to go visit my father and tell him I love him and hug my dog. I urge you all to do the same, this may be one of the last chances you get.
I'm the man.

#20 SelectB

SelectB
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/0/./././.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Okay, so It'll be 6PM CST on Friday then, right? According to the 12:00 GMT+0 , is this right? or am I doing it wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<