#21 Chickensqt

Chickensqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Fuck man, not even alts are the only problem, you want an offset for feral enchance fun, moonkin/ele/disc for RBG i dont know whatever you actually want to play, you either get to choose between leveling another character, gimping yourself over 2/2, or just not even getting it. I'd cant think of a solution for this but you are correct with helping alts along i hope they do something.

Im betting next season the ilvl gap wont be a large between gear, 5-10 or so from 2/2 so maybe they plan on fixing it with the new season as the gap right now is too large.

#22 Nemlol

Nemlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Would be nice if Blizzard could fix this hugely deflated 2s bracket first. Then reset 2s mmr so mmr gets based on gear (people with full malevolent gear could start at 2.5k mmr and people with full crafted blue gear could start on 1500).

If they could do something like this change together with removing the mmr penalty you get from 2s the bracket would be a much less frustrating cap bracket.

#23 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostNadagast, on 18 December 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

I made a post here about it: http://us.battle.net...opic/7415462574

Let me know if you guys agree or not.  Is there a better solution?
youre so sexy

#24 Mistyflip

Mistyflip
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 959

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostNemlol, on 18 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

Would be nice if Blizzard could fix this hugely deflated 2s bracket first. Then reset 2s mmr so mmr gets based on gear (people with full malevolent gear could start at 2.5k mmr and people with full crafted blue gear could start on 1500).

If they could do something like this change together with removing the mmr penalty you get from 2s the bracket would be a much less frustrating cap bracket.

It's not really the fact that the cap is frustrating, it's the fact it takes too damn long for your character to be fully geared. I recently levelled up an alt mage and it won't even have full gear before this season is over. That is the problem.
Posted Image

#25 Nemlol

Nemlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostMistyflip, on 18 December 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's not really the fact that the cap is frustrating, it's the fact it takes too damn long for your character to be fully geared. I recently levelled up an alt mage and it won't even have full gear before this season is over. That is the problem.

There are several issues, one raised is that when capping 2s you play versus fully geared people even at the lower ratings because of the deflation and it makes it very painful to cap which will the arena enviroment very hostile to new players and people without gear.

#26 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

conquest season earned for t1 weapons should not exist

Edited by Coldizzle, 18 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#27 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/1/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2202
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

wish they'd bring back the tbc/wrath gearing system

off pieces for honor + rating and mainset for conquest + rating, hell don't even need the rating on the main pieces

It's just having the gear completely locked off of one already horrible currency deadlocks a lot of progression

conquest season earned for t1 weapons should not exist

so much this, three weeks to even think about doing arena seriously

Edited by Speedymart, 18 December 2012 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Artunias

Artunias
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 18 December 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

It's interesting how a change that was intended to increase arena participation, upgrading pvp gear, will probably lead to lower participation. Instead of playing 2-4 characters every week now I'll be playing one, because there is simply no point bothering with alts this far into the season. And judging by this thread and everyone I've spoken, to the consensus seems to be the same.

This is the biggest point I think. I'm not a gladiator by any means, but even at lower levels I just have zero motivation to get my ass totally handed to me while I try to grind out some gear. And as Nada mentions in his post, no one wants to play with someone in full blues. Even your buddies.

#29 lazeyx

lazeyx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 2/2/0/1/1/2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostNadagast, on 18 December 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

I made a post here about it: http://us.battle.net...opic/7415462574

Let me know if you guys agree or not.  Is there a better solution?

totally

#30 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Man I feel you on that post nada... I'm just trying to play some wow casually and I have a fresh 90 druid that I also play 2s for points with a warrior on and I KNOW that guilt. Both toons have full honor gear all upgraded to 466 and its still pointless.

Healing I feel retarded smashing him with 19k regrowths with all my cooldowns up but trying to play my spriest is even worse, recount will have me as casting borderline twice as much of every damaging spell of the spriest on the other team but doing less damage because I have close to 0 pvp power. There is no reason to queue until you have T1, and even then it feels like the gear wall is way bigger than ever.

#31 Nycto

Nycto
  • Junkies

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

The conquest bonus pool is a very very good idea actually, i really hope they implement this, it would essentially fix the issue of gearing alts/late starters.

However, a bonus pool system for rating like in sc2, will not work for wow.

#32 Phillol

Phillol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2278

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

How am I suppose to re roll when my class is garbage I cant even get full gear + upgrades by the end of the season

#33 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

i would like to try out disc for fun but its simply impossible since im not even fully malevolent geared as shadow. :(
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#34 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Going through the same disaster on my Holy Paladin right now. It's actually depressing to play. Added my 7 cents on page 4.

#35 dowerk

dowerk
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Made a similar post yesterday, didn't get much attention, but yeah same theme.
http://us.battle.net...ic/7415132549#4

#36 Grokkqt

Grokkqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/1

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

shoulda just make it like they did for Reputation, aka when your exalted on your mains you can buy that 100% more gain shit for alts, like one char geared sure heres a 100% bigger cap for your alt.

#37 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostPhillol, on 18 December 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

How am I suppose to re roll when my class is garbage I cant even get full gear + upgrades by the end of the season
This lol. The whole system is so problematic. Assume:
-You play a class that is T2 weapon capable only with 2 patient and amazing partners.
-You get unlucky with Sha
-You don't do RBGs.

You are in a spot where you did arena since the start but you will never get full upgrades by the end of the season because your class sucks.
That's why they should make upgrades cheaper. 350 conquest + 750 honor points instead of 750 conquest points per upgrade.

#38 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

very nice
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#39 Gabbit

Gabbit
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

At the very least they need to put in honor weapons and they need to take the t1 season total requirement off. I don't even see one reason to have the season total requirement for t1 anymore now that the seasons been going for a couple months.
Gabbitnerdo ----- League of legends.

#40 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Season earned for t1 and t2 are because of PvE players would take advantage of the weapons at the star of the season and start of their character.

If the requirements would be removed, they could reduce the Int/Agi/Str gain from them by a huge amount (lets say 50%) and buff PvP Power accordingly. I don't know how to work around the weapon damage for melees, but I guess thete could be a way. I would love this <3
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<