• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

I made a post here about it: http://us.battle.net...opic/7415462574

Let me know if you guys agree or not.  Is there a better solution?

#2 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Make PvP Power available only on weapons and trinkets. Those are the only pieces from PvE that made a real difference in PvP anyway.

Weapons and trinkets are already, and have always been the main slots on your gear too so this wouldn't even change order of gearing. The only thing it'll do is make you at least stand a chance as soon as you cover those 3 slots.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#3 zsuper

zsuper
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Aside from the bonus pool, I think it would be a good idea to give all characters on an account an even higher conquest cap, until they reach the total conquest points earned by the highest character on that account. People who have potential for high rating need more gear than people who don't.

For example, if my Priest has 10,000 conquest points for the season and my Mage has 2000, my Mage might get my Priest's cap added onto it's own cap, until my Mage reaches 10,000 points for the season.

I don't enjoy playing my alts, because they get matched against the same players my Priest gets matched against, but they can't compete because of such a big gear gap. As a result, I don't play my Mage and fall out of practice.

Also, an honor weapon is really needed to ease the transition from battlegrounds to arenas. If you're in an arena without a weapon against players with weapons, there isn't going to be any competition unless the other team has some sort of handicap.

I'd thumbs up, but supposedly asking for special battlegrounds so the large random battleground's handicapped community can have an equal playing field is against the forums' terms of service. :(

Edited by zsuper, 18 December 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#4 TteSPORTSDoomsen

TteSPORTSDoomsen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2250
  • 3v3: 3104
  • RBG: 2632
  • LocationTyskland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Yeah this is gear system is insanely fucking up this season. It feels worse than last Season where you had Honor Gear vs. Vials / Cunnings. Gear seems to even matter more this Season. Now you don't have to raid for it but well..still it's stupid to be so much behind if you get a few weeks / months later into the Season.

Good ideas by the way. Would make a reply to it but my US acc is frozen :/

Edited by TteSPORTSDoomsen, 18 December 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#5 Zaddo

Zaddo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2501

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

I Agree!

#6 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

gearing alts is such a pain right now :/
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#7 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Why do we have to make the game constantly easier and more convenient? http://us.battle.net...aindance/simple this is my main now. As you can see I have a pathetic win-loss, my gear sucks big time, even rogues can one shot me and still - even if frustrating - it's necessary. If people can't take a few additional loses, and some days gearing in bgs why play anyway? Why should an alt be fully geared anyway if you decide to start mid season. The way the system works now, you can get a 2-3 conquest pieces in 2 weeks. In BC it took 2 weeks with a rating of 1700 which is 2k now to get a single piece + the honor gear was harder to obtain since honor was added once a day and it wasn't instantly rewarded. I'm not even gonna talk about vanilla where if you wanted good pvp gear you had to play 10-12 hours every day for months.

Now, flame on scions of WotLK

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#8 Athlete

Athlete
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2167
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 2364

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

View PostBraindance, on 18 December 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Why do we have to make the game constantly easier and more convenient? http://us.battle.net...aindance/simple this is my main now. As you can see I have a pathetic win-loss, my gear sucks big time, even rogues can one shot me and still - even if frustrating - it's necessary. If people can't take a few additional loses, and some days gearing in bgs why play anyway? Why should an alt be fully geared anyway if you decide to start mid season. The way the system works now, you can get a 2-3 conquest pieces in 2 weeks. In BC it took 2 weeks with a rating of 1700 which is 2k now to get a single piece + the honor gear was harder to obtain since honor was added once a day and it wasn't instantly rewarded. I'm not even gonna talk about vanilla where if you wanted good pvp gear you had to play 10-12 hours every day for months.

Now, flame on scions of WotLK

In my opinion, its okay for people to have to go through a grind the first time around on their main characters.  I think that the gearing process should definitely be easier for alts though.
Posted Image

#9 Chromix

Chromix
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • RBG: 2520

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Great idea, rolling alts is one of the few ways to keep this game fresh.

#10 Chancesz

Chancesz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

yes i rather agree, in my opinion the idea is solid, if not grounded.

#11 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2648
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Agreed, I have 4 alts and its so annoying trying to gear them, can't even do much in arena because not having a weapon is such a huge handicap.

Posted Image

#12 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 AM

View PostAthlete, on 18 December 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

In my opinion, its okay for people to have to go through a grind the first time around on their main characters.  I think that the gearing process should definitely be easier for alts though.
I can see your point great Athlete of Mug'thol. Well, as long as the grind remains painful for mains, an easier time for alts within reasonable limits (eg if you have amassed x,y amount of honor and conquest point this season on any char, the amount you gain on all your characters on your account is augmented by z,g , or gear price is reduced by 20-30%), I'm OK with it. But then again my opinion doesn't matter - I am just a washed up remnants of times past.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#13 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

I have to agree with this, I have several alts spread across servers and once the upgrade system was implemented, I stopped playing all of them and only playing my main mage. My main mage is now near 40k conquest earned and I have no way to get my alts in this season anywhere near that number.

The bonuspool might be too high rewarding and would push people using PVP gear in PVE at the star of season/raid tier.

One possibility is to have everyone have 3k conquest cap per week and it wont change with increased arenarating and it would add up to next weeks cap by 50%;

1st week you cap 3000/3000, 3000 season earned
2nd week you cap 3000/3000, 6000 season earned
3rd week you cap 2000/3000, 8000 season earned
ect...
On end of 3rd week you ding your alt, your account has saved a cap of 8000*50%=4000 and is abit behind on gear but not too much.
While these numbers may seem small at start, think about when it is at your mains season earned now. I'd have almost 20k points to gain on my alt which is almost full gear with t1 weapon. I can now safely enter arena when I've capped my toon without dying on the first gaze of my enemies.

Ofcourse implementing this would come after I have gained say 20k honor points or something similar so we'd still be required to run bg's to gain gear, but when starting out an alt abit late on the season, it would be such a huge punishment as it is now.

These are my first thoughts and ofcourse numbers would be tweaked accordingly.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#14 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Or they could just open up 3 Arena Servers, let you have all the gear you want and let you play.

Blizzard did this because they know the gameplay isn't enough to keep people, ironically it is causing the opposite effect.

#15 breuerx

breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I already posted this on Norbok's WoW thread and in AJ.

Blizzard is in my opinion, is promoting people to play by compensating them with more gear throughout the season (Which in fact does help with keeping ladders active and reducing people sitting on rank 1's). This helps avoid people sitting down at Rank 1 early in the season and coming back still having a fighting chance (something I think Blizzard is trying to avoid).

However, I do think there are ideas that can be implemented to help with the gearing on alts. If you do continue to play throughout the entire season, YOU SHOULD BE AWARDED FOR IT.

By allowing your ALT characters to be able to CAP your MAIN characters maximum conquest points earned in the SEASON (with no weekly maximum limitations), you would have a better fighting chance and a more balanced game. I think if you took the time to cap all those points on one character, it should translate to your alternate characters, reflecting the time and effort spent in the game.

This way, Blizzard would be promoting game play and ladder activity without punishing players for not having the time, or simply because they leveled a secondary character later in the season.

This is not perfect, but is a start. I know this still affects people that started playing weeks into Season 12 on their main char's.

Great post Norbok, cheers.
Hoz fails with his lock.

#16 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

lower the amount of games required to cap too pls, capping alts takes forever when you have to do a shitload of arenas on each, especially when neither partner has weapons

#17 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Excellent post.

edit: http://us.battle.net...Yusehzfx/simple knows that feel bro.

Edited by Bigmoran, 18 December 2012 - 10:39 AM.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#18 Mistyflip

Mistyflip
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.
  • RBG: 959

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostChromix, on 18 December 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

Great idea, rolling alts is one of the few ways to keep this game fresh.

I agree with this
Posted Image

#19 idevpro

idevpro
  • Junkies

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

BUFF alts pls, i wanna lvl more hunters but i cba gearing toooo
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's interesting how a change that was intended to increase arena participation, upgrading pvp gear, will probably lead to lower participation. Instead of playing 2-4 characters every week now I'll be playing one, because there is simply no point bothering with alts this far into the season. And judging by this thread and everyone I've spoken, to the consensus seems to be the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<