Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Increasing PvP, and alt leveling.


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

This is a perfect way in my opinion to get people that had to quit arenas, or wow for a few weeks, and people who leveled alts the chance to catch up to the average pvp player in gear.

This is relative to allowing people who are under geared to catch up and achieve the average item level by means of a new cap allowing to catch up, but not get ahead of the average.

Check it out leave a comment lets get a blue post if you agree:

http://us.battle.net...062582?page=1#0

Edited by Duncan, 18 December 2012 - 02:27 AM.


#2 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Posts: 844
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

When new tier came out, every imaginable (read. melees) PvEr would be all over the brackets to get that 1.23% dps increase from the previous tier weapons. This happened in TBC (and wotlk to a lesser extent) and they have said they dont want that.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#3 Reedzlol

Reedzlol
  • Reedz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 139
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2387

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

fuk pvp power and res. just ban fucking pve shit from arena and vice versa

#4 sikemu

sikemu
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 149
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

I thought too much stat allocation was put into pvp power for these items to be good in pve?

#5 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

No I think the grind should stay as is - it's exactly the same as TBC. It is tedious yes, but there should be no such thing as free gear. The only thing I would add is a pvp weapon for honor. I am saying this while I am currently in full blue gear and a heroic dungeon weapon, playing with an equally bad geared druid and we both get one shotted even by rogues. But, I realize that the grind has to stay since it promotes healthy activity in normal bgs, and, at the end of the day WoW is all about gathering gear - that was its purpose when it first came out and that's its purpose now.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#6 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostBraindance, on 18 December 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

No I think the grind should stay as is - it's exactly the same as TBC. It is tedious yes, but there should be no such thing as free gear. The only thing I would add is a pvp weapon for honor. I am saying this while I am currently in full blue gear and a heroic dungeon weapon, playing with an equally bad geared druid and we both get one shotted even by rogues. But, I realize that the grind has to stay since it promotes healthy activity in normal bgs, and, at the end of the day WoW is all about gathering gear - that was its purpose when it first came out and that's its purpose now.

It's not free gear it is allowing people to actually compete, and you have to win arenas to get this gear still.  It is to stimulate players to play arenas, as it is you simply are out geared on alts by 10-15 items levels, and with the gear upgrading it is now more difficult than ever to stand a chance so a lot of people either don't play, or don't level alts to try.  As I understand your point is to keep it like TBC the truth is it is far from that, and that is now due to two main things PvP power, and upgrading items.  

By leaving it the way it is you are effectively reducing participation, and increasing frustration.

Edited by Duncan, 18 December 2012 - 03:10 AM.


#7 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

View PostDuncan, on 18 December 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

It's not free gear it is allowing people to actually compete, and you have to win arenas to get this gear still.  It is to stimulate players to play arenas, as it is you simply are out geared on alts by 10-15 items levels, and with the gear upgrading it is now more difficult than ever to stand a chance so a lot of people either don't play, or don't level alts to try.  As I understand your point is to keep it like TBC the truth is it is far from that, and that is now due to two main things PvP power, and upgrading items.  

By leaving it the way it is you are effectively reducing participation, and increasing frustration.
Adding an honor pve weapon, or making the pvp t1 weapon available for honor if you have amassed say 15k honor this season would fix this, whilst keeping a reasonable grind

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#8 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 996
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I think next season people will have alts leveled and ready and no one will make the mistake of skipping too many weeks.That said,

-The game needs an honor pvp weapon.
-Upgrades are just too costly, mainly causing people that missed just a few weeks of arena never catch up, the solution is instead of 750 conquest points per upgrade, they can make it 375 conquest points + 750 honor points.

#9 phishy

phishy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 704
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 AM

it's not so much the time it takes or grind for the gear. it's the gear itself and how big of an advantage it is to have upgraded t1/t2 vs having partial honor gear

#10 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 942
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I would love a chance to play my alts and get fully geared I support this.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#11 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 138
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

If we can keep this constructive talk on the wow forum the more attention it gets there the better.

#12 Breuerx

Breuerx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Posts: 44
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 2185
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

I say, your first idea goes against what Blizzard is going for; promoting people to play by compensating them with more gear throughout the season (Which in fact does help with keeping ladders active and reducing people sitting on rank 1's). If you do this, people that sat down at Rank 1 early in the season would just come back and still have a fighting chance (something I think Blizzard is trying to avoid).

However, I do think your second idea would be more reasonable. If you do continue to play throughout the entire season, YOU SHOULD BE AWARDED FOR IT.

By allowing your ALT characters to be able to CAP your MAIN characters maximum conquest points earned in the SEASON (with no weekly maximum limitations), you would have a better fighting chance and a more balanced game. I think if you took the time to cap all those points on one character, it should translate to your alternate characters, reflecting the time and effort spent in the game.

This way, Blizzard would be promoting game play and ladder activity without punishing players for not having the time, or simply because they leveled a secondary character later in the season.

This is not perfect, but is a start. I know this still affects people that started playing weeks into Season 12 on their main char's.

Great post Norbok, cheers.

Edited by Breuerx, 18 December 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Hoz fails with his lock.

#13 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

View PostBreuerx, on 18 December 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

I say, your first idea goes against what Blizzard is going for; promoting people to play by compensating them with more gear throughout the season (Which in fact does help with keeping ladders active and reducing people sitting on rank 1's). If you do this, people that sat down at Rank 1 early in the season would just come back and still have a fighting chance (something I think Blizzard is trying to avoid).

However, I do think your second idea would be more reasonable. If you do continue to play throughout the entire season, YOU SHOULD BE AWARDED FOR IT.

By allowing your ALT characters to be able to CAP your MAIN characters maximum conquest points earned in the SEASON (with no weekly maximum limitations), you would have a better fighting chance and a more balanced game. I think if you took the time to cap all those points on one character, it should translate to your alternate characters, reflecting the time and effort spent in the game.

This way, Blizzard would be promoting game play and ladder activity without punishing players for not having the time, or simply because they leveled a secondary character later in the season.

This is not perfect, but is a start. I know this still affects people that started playing weeks into Season 12 on their main char's.

Great post Norbok, cheers.
best post

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<