Westboro Church vs Anonymous

newtown CT anonymous WBC

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

The best thing we could do about Westboro is just stop giving them attention. Stop interviewing them, stop showing video/pictures of them picketing etc.

It's the attention they are after, if we deprive them of that they become helpless. Granted, the current media is literally 100% incapable of doing that, but that is the answer. Killing them would just create a martyr.
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#22 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostKakio, on 18 December 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

the way i see it they are a complete waste of oxygen and they go out of their way to cause misery and grief pretty much everyone so they can get media attention.

btw saw a thing this morning that said that most of these serial kills probably had suicidal thoughts but didnt wanna die without anyone knowing anything about them and just being another nobody taking suicide so they went out and shot people for "fame" not givng a fuck if the attention they got was negative or positive aslong as they got attention. Definetly true for breivik as that was 100% of his motto and seems rather true for others aswell.
Pretty sure Breivik had a specific message he was trying to send and it was not just about suicide and attention(probably why he didn't turn the gun on himself after he was done).  Hey, just pointing out the obvious.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#23 Kelustu

Kelustu
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Rivendare
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

They picket at military funerals and the funerals of children that were gunned down. They provide nothing useful to society and survive off of hate and lawsuits. I honestly cannot fathom a credible argument for why anyone would be upset if they died.
Posted Image

#24 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

cheer up

#25 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 18 December 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Pretty sure Breivik had a specific message he was trying to send and it was not just about suicide and attention(probably why he didn't turn the gun on himself after he was done).  Hey, just pointing out the obvious.
I'm sure the fact he was probably going to spend 20 years in what most consider a cozy room compared to the rest of your life in a fucking shithole prison and/or solitary confinement might have factored a bit into the no suicide bit

#26 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 18 December 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

I'm sure the fact he was probably going to spend 20 years in what most consider a cozy room compared to the rest of your life in a fucking shithole prison and/or solitary confinement might have factored a bit into the no suicide bit
I guess you didn't read kakio's post.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#27 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Poststcolbert, on 18 December 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

yes he didnt wnat to die but the point was he only wanted attention and the only reason he killed all those people was attention. And he was 100% willing to die and expected to end up getting shot which was why he published most of his shit online before he went out there.

Posted Image

#28 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

he posted the shit on the internet before he killed ppl because else it wouldn't gone out to the public, do u honestly believe the police would post it or something if he had killed himself?

he also wanted to be taken into court because of what hitler had written/adviced people to do, aka use the court as your public display of your opinions etc or whatever.
Posted Image

#29 Shaylá

Shaylá
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Onyxia
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostKelustu, on 18 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Serious question. Why hasn't someone gone out there and killed these people? I think the public would be fully behind it. I would be behind them.

sigh

#30 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

View Poststcolbert, on 18 December 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I guess you didn't read kakio's post.
good guess

#31 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostReliuna, on 18 December 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

he posted the shit on the internet before he killed ppl because else it wouldn't gone out to the public, do u honestly believe the police would post it or something if he had killed himself?

he also wanted to be taken into court because of what hitler had written/adviced people to do, aka use the court as your public display of your opinions etc or whatever.

exactly so he could have had his lawyer publish his shit from court. But honestly if your on a island going crazy shooting people you have to be willing to die or atleast expecting it. He said in court he thought he would get shot from the air or something a lot earlier.

Posted Image

#32 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=qF1oAsgzchA

I made it about 6 minutes in then decided not to ruin my day and closed it

#33 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Why does everyone circle jerk about how bad this fucking piddling ~50 person Church is yet ignore the Pope saying gay marriage is a threat to peace.
Posted Image

#34 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

because the WBC is the present topic, both in this thread and the news.

#35 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, I guess the broader point I was getting at was why does anyone care what WBC do.
Posted Image

#36 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

40 goons picket some funereal somewhere in america vs A man that speaks for a billion people, is a head of state and is the succession to saint peter says gay marriage is a threat to peace

yeah yeah better get mad over WBC
Posted Image

#37 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Which got more media attention and makes a better news story?

#38 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Pope's comments make a better news story.
Posted Image

#39 stcolbert

stcolbert
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

We can address both if you like.  Just because one is worst than the other doesn't mean we should ignore the lesser. The pope does gets criticism, albeit not enough.  The difference is this is something new and disgusting.

View PostKakio, on 18 December 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

exactly so he could have had his lawyer publish his shit from court. But honestly if your on a island going crazy shooting people you have to be willing to die or atleast expecting it. He said in court he thought he would get shot from the air or something a lot earlier.
My point is that it wasn't 100% the reason he did it (suicide and attention), he was trying to delivery a message.  This makes your statement pretty dumb, but that isn't anything out of the ordinary.
I'm always right.
Posted Image

#40 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

What the Pope says is incomparably worse than anything WBC does. At most the WBC should be a footnote.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<