Hey fellow mages,
with the recent frost bomb nerf a lot of mages tend to switch frost bomb for nether tempest.
However I am not really certain why.
Pros of NT:
- no cast time
- dispell won't effect your damage
- reliable ffb procs ( ~20 seconds one from when I tested it on 4 target dummies)
Cons of NT:
- bad damage (3k noncrit 7k crit)
- breaks cc (?)
Pros of FB:
- "high" burst
- low detonate time with haste buff / vains (~2 seconds)
- every 7 seconds 1 ffb proc
Cons of FB:
- needs nova / deep to deal damage
- gets dispelled sometimes (havent played against teams higher than 2k)
A shatter with frozen orb a 2 second bomb and some ice lances seems to be insanely good while a shatter with nt and a ffb looks mediocre at best to me.
The only way I would see nt ahead of fb is in a dot cleave like mls or balance druid mage heal.
Thanks in advance for your input.
[Mage] Frost Bomb vs Nether Tempest
Creating and replying to topics is restricted until you link a Battle.net account with a valid World of Warcraft character.
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users