#1 sammyjo06

sammyjo06
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I feel like in 3s, I am just chain cc'd from one to the next throughout the entire game as soon as I trinket. I know I have ways to avoid some cc, such as shifting polymorph (or popping tree early), using displacer beast for caster cc with a cast time, disorienting roar/typhoon to disrupt the cast, cyclones, etc. However, it seems all they have to do is land a single instant cc on me to begin the chain and then it never stops, one right into the next and I'm just completely out of the game.

Am I just too out in the open? I often open out of stealth with a cyclone on my first cc target (usually a warrior or other melee). This usually goes out pretty quickly, and I'll displacer beast in the general direction of the healer to avoid cc and pounce/clone them, but after that I'm typically put into a cc chain where I eventually trinket and am just kept out of the game permanently.

#2 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

When they land instant CC on you, have your teammates stop the chain.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#3 sammyjo06

sammyjo06
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Ok. I guess just since I play with a bm hunter and war I figured it was supposed to be like RAWR stampede avatar with an instant cyclone following the scatter trap on the healer. And we got to 1800 like that with little effort but now the other team ends up focusing the hunter 90% of the time and war just spends all his time peeling for hunter who tries to kite while i just sit there in an endless hoj, repent, blinding light, fear, sheep, cyclone, etc. I guess there are things they can do to break up the chain that won't interfere too much with their dmg though. Maybe mass spell reflect.

#4 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostPolizei, on 16 December 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

When they land instant CC on you, have your teammates stop the chain.

easier said then done. basically your job as a druid atm is keep full hots at ALL TIMES because at any moment a hunters gonna scatter trap you or web trap you or pallys gonna sprint and HoJ u after a war fear or lock fear'

this will result in bad mana but your a druid and thats how it goes sometimes. now if ur playing with a priest.... maybe u can avoid some of this but honestly druids are garbage atm with them being a HOT class vs a bomb heal class like sham/pal

#5 sammyjo06

sammyjo06
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yeah I keep lifeblooms and a rejuv on the focus target but honestly my hots don't heal for shit; I've gotta regrowth if I want their health to move at all. And the cc trains on me are lasting so long that my hots are falling off in them. Sometimes they end and my partner is at 20% but like you said, I have no holy shock crit or greater healing wave to top him back off to full. My best bet is often to instant cyclone the war or whatever is wrecking them and then swiftmend and attempt to spam regrowths. That of course opens me up to more cc or counterspells, though.

Anyone think glyph of blooming might be useful? The bloom portion is really only big if it actually crits, and my crit % is not amazing, but it might be nice for when my hots are falling off in these long cc chains.

#6 Polizei

Polizei
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postzzyzzyzz, on 17 December 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

easier said then done. basically your job as a druid atm is keep full hots at ALL TIMES because at any moment a hunters gonna scatter trap you or web trap you or pallys gonna sprint and HoJ u after a war fear or lock fear'

this will result in bad mana but your a druid and thats how it goes sometimes. now if ur playing with a priest.... maybe u can avoid some of this but honestly druids are garbage atm with them being a HOT class vs a bomb heal class like sham/pal

You aint gonna break the cc chain on you by yourself when you are already CCd, the only option is for your partners to stop the chain. Tough shit if they wasted their CCs for something else.
<poliisi mies kerho>

#7 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Postsammyjo06, on 17 December 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Yeah I keep lifeblooms and a rejuv on the focus target but honestly my hots don't heal for shit; I've gotta regrowth if I want their health to move at all. And the cc trains on me are lasting so long that my hots are falling off in them. Sometimes they end and my partner is at 20% but like you said, I have no holy shock crit or greater healing wave to top him back off to full. My best bet is often to instant cyclone the war or whatever is wrecking them and then swiftmend and attempt to spam regrowths. That of course opens me up to more cc or counterspells, though.

Anyone think glyph of blooming might be useful? The bloom portion is really only big if it actually crits, and my crit % is not amazing, but it might be nice for when my hots are falling off in these long cc chains.

i dont claim to be an expert on druid its my first season and ive been 2200 after healing nerf and i consider myself a smart player. id say blooming glyph is mandatory for every team that would put you in "long cc chains" that do MAD burst. this is KFC enhance war x and hunter pally x. lock war pally and lock war sham

heavy purge zerg comps that require blooms to go off earlier and for more. i think about this so often and cant be sold on whats the right way to glyph. blooming glyph allows me generally to heal till im oom, but this method of healing def seems to not compete with the mana of shamans. you cant currently "efficiently heal" as an Rdruid since u MUST keep hots up so i go with this logic....

"if you can heal till your oom and that takes around 15 mins then you did a good job" you can score a kill in 15mins if your good and its better then being safe with mana and then getting cc chained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<