khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

I wouldnt mind to see throwdown back either even if it was bugged,  being able to stun MULTIPLE targets on a short cooldown is WAY too much.

And stop with ur qq bullshit i think its the first time im ever whining about something and asking for a nerf, even when rogues were kinda bad in the start of mop i didn't, i have good reasons to, the game is getting better and better but this has to go.

Again im not even asking for a warrior damage nerf even if i can get globaled in 2sc, because you can always do something about it as a team at least, against shockwave you just see your whole team get outplayed and wish the warrior uses it poorly.

#83 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Postkhuna, on 16 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

I wouldnt mind to see throwdown back either even if it was bugged,  being able to stun MULTIPLE targets on a short cooldown is WAY too much.

And stop with ur qq bullshit i think its the first time im ever whining about something and asking for a nerf, even when rogues were kinda bad in the start of mop i didn't, i have good reasons to, the game is getting better and better but this has to go.

Again im not even asking for a warrior damage nerf even if i can get globaled in 2sc, because you can always do something about it as a team at least, against shockwave you just see your whole team get outplayed and wish the warrior uses it poorly.
You are somewhat right, but if they take shockwave out, what peels would warriors have? We have nothing other than wave - to get a 5 sec root with a laughable cd of 40 seconds we have to give up disrupting shout, the other talents on shockwave's tier are aoe damage ones with no utility. Wanna remove shockwave? Sure, make mass spell reflect baseline with 30 sec and increase safeguard's 30% dmg reduction to 10 seconds.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#84 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I don't think warrior should have peels other than a single target stun and their kinda short cooldown fear, but they should do more damage than other melees.

edit : or ye maybe with the root back or something, but shockwave is just retarded this needs to go

Edited by khuna, 16 December 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#85 Tryptic

Tryptic
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

View PostCovlol, on 16 December 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Why because his entire argument of you can't compare one ability a class has vs another is right?

Well, I think you can compare abilities between classes in order to establish some sort of "baseline of balance", but you can't say "well rogue only has x, so war cant have y". What i'm trying to say is that people can't make balancing this black and white picture. There are several shades of gray... also potatoes.

#86 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postkhuna, on 16 December 2012 - 09:46 PM, said:

I don't think warrior should have peels other than a single target stun and their kinda short cooldown fear, but they should do more damage than other melees.

edit : or ye maybe with the root back or something, but shockwave is just retarded this needs to go
I'm all in for that, but also give mass spell reflect as baseline with 30 sec cd - imagine the possibilities and the "increase in the skill-cap"

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#87 Domesauce

Domesauce
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2098

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Defensive stance is the biggest problem. I like passive survivability, I think there are a lot more classes that need it, but it either needs to be brought in line with other passive survivability, or there needs to be a significant enough damage reduction to make warriors sometimes switch stances.

Shockwave is really annoying and should be 30 seconds, but I don't think it's the game changer that 25% passive reduction is.

Edited by Domesauce, 16 December 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#88 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'd really like to have imp hamstring back, I think our damage atm, is high, but it can be controlled.  If damage was nerfed more it would hurt us a lot.  Shockwave should be 30s, and also, I would really like to see bladestorm back.  Maybe for a defensive stance nerf they could make it 25% dr when you spec prot(won't effect pve), and maybe 10-15% in other specs?

Seems people here just want everything that warriors can do to be nerfed.  To be viable imo, warriors should have higher damage than other melee, less control, but decent surv.  Right now I think warrior's damage is ok, their cc is a bit too high (increased cd on shockwave), and I think the surv is a bit too high (possible nerf to d-stance, so you won't want to sit in it all the time)

#89 Amarithor18

Amarithor18

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Increase the cooldown of it to 30, and make it do 20% less damage BOOM fixed

#90 Shadowtiger

Shadowtiger
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Nerf warrior overall dmg by 20%, buff battle and berserker stance to increase dmg done by 25% (back to same as it is now, for whoever don't understand maths at all). Increase shockwave CD.

Problem fixd?

Edit: I still think shockwave is retarded as fuck and no class should have it, but reading this topic It feels like all warriors think they'd be useless without it, I beg to differ but won't go into that argument now.

Edited by Shadowtiger, 16 December 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#91 Theles

Theles
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Lightning's Blade
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

View PostAmarithor18, on 16 December 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Increase the cooldown of it to 30, and make it do 20% less damage BOOM fixed

and some ragecost, because now it feels like a no-brainer. Ragecost adds the part that warriors would need to save some rage, if they want to peel with shockwave for example.

#92 Sagild

Sagild
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/2/1/1/.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostBraindance, on 16 December 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

I'm all in for that, but also give mass spell reflect as baseline with 30 sec cd - imagine the possibilities and the "increase in the skill-cap"

In what way would adding a baseline reflect increase skill cap? It would just make it so much more of a pain for casters to do anything to warriors.. If Blizzard would make changes to the 3 stances, and then a little bit of tuning on Shockwave it would be fine.
Posted Image

#93 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 16 December 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Seems people here just want everything that warriors can do to be nerfed.  To be viable imo, warriors should have higher damage than other melee, less control, but decent surv.  Right now I think warrior's damage is ok, their cc is a bit too high (increased cd on shockwave), and I think the surv is a bit too high (possible nerf to d-stance, so you won't want to sit in it all the time)

Not really, the problem with the warrior class is , they have too many abilities in same areas
Stuns: Shockwave, Stormbolt, Warbringer
Cast avoidance: Pummel, disruptive shout, spell reflect, aoe spell reflect
Mobility: Safe guard, heroic leap, charge ./ double charge
The problem with the three groups above is, they are on relatively short cd, so they can be rotated, so one of them is always up.

Defensive: Banner, die by the sword, shield wall, second wind
Offensive(if chosen): Banner, Recklessness + one last tier damage ability.

If you look at each group, they have one thing in common, all have 2 really good abilities added this expansion.
Reducing the amount of cooldowns that are stacked and rotatable in every area of pvp will not bring the class back to cata useless level, it will just make it more in line with what other classes currently have.
This is why I said there needs to be no compensation and only nerfs.
Because to me, whenever I play as melee vs a warrior team, I feel like I am in a Nascar race with a bicycle.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 December 2012 - 10:30 PM.

#94 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

wow all these warriors defending shockwave..

increase cooldown to 30 seconds and reduce duration by 1 second.

#95 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 16 December 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Not really, the problem with the warrior class is , they have too many abilities in same areas
Stuns: Shockwave, Stormbolt, Warbringer
Cast avoidance: Pummel, disruptive shout, spell reflect, aoe spell reflect
Mobility: Safe guard, heroic leap, charge ./ double charge
The problem with the three groups above is, they are on relatively short cd, so they can be rotated, so one of them is always up.

Defensive: Banner, die by the sword, shield wall, second wind
Offensive(if chosen): Banner, Recklessness + one last tier damage ability.

If you look at each group, they have one thing in common, all have 2 really good abilities added this expansion.
Reducing the amount of cooldowns that are stacked and rotatable in every area of pvp will not bring the class back to cata useless level, it will just make it more in line with what other classes currently have.
This is why I said there needs to be no compensation and only nerfs.
Because to me, whenever I play as melee vs a warrior team, I feel like I am in a Nascar race with a bicycle.

No one specs stormbolt, you can't have disrupting shout and mass spell reflect, normal spell reflect is easily avoidable, demo banner only effects physical damage.  I do see your point though, was just clarifying for other people that aren't familiar with the warrior tree.

On a side note, does anyone think second wind would be more balanced if it was more like recuperate and ticked 3% of health every 3/5 seconds, at a cost of rage (maybe an initial cost of like 30-50, or have it keep draining x rage a second)?

#96 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Postdjp771133, on 16 December 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

No one specs stormbolt, you can't have disrupting shout and mass spell reflect, normal spell reflect is easily avoidable, demo banner only effects physical damage.  I do see your point though, was just clarifying for other people that aren't familiar with the warrior tree.

On a side note, does anyone think second wind would be more balanced if it was more like recuperate and ticked 3% of health every 3/5 seconds, at a cost of rage (maybe an initial cost of like 30-50, or have it keep draining x rage a second)?
I don't think Demoralizing banner is physical damage only.
And I think you can get disrupting shout and mass spell reflect, they were not on the same tier last time I checked.
Back to my point, it's just that warriors have too many cooldowns stacked in same areas, so they become rotatable and problematic for non warrior classes.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 December 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#97 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 16 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

I don't think Demoralizing banner is physical damage only.
And I think you can get disrupting shout and mass spell reflect, they were not on the same tier last time I checked.
Back to my point, it's just that warriors have too many cooldowns stacked in same areas, so they become rotatable and problematic for non warrior classes.
No reason to take mass reflect since you give up safeguard. I see no problem with disrupting shout since its cd is 40 seconds and pummel has a 15 sec cd. And yes demo banner is all damage not only physical.

#98 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Season 11:

WoW community "Dragon's breath has got to be the most retarded thing ever"

Season 12:

Blizzard "Challenge accepted"
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#99 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1759
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 2205
  • RBG: 2472

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Why do people read half of a post and comment on it. They see a mention of Rogue and go all ape!
I compared -ALL- stuns in the game. I was just mentioning rogues cause they can chain up 3 stuns in a row. That doesn't make the rogue op as a class. I could have just said 3 random bg rets instead. It just proves how dominant stuns can be in a team based game.
It is what disables most classes from going defensive. Just like shockwave does to entire teams if they decide to stack up like headless chickens behind the Dalaran crates.

I was saying. Increase DR on stuns. Not that some random team can chain 3 stuns into you and you just die cause you sit there unable to do anything. YES! That also counts for shockwave. If used on CD you basicly already dr shockwave from last use. The reason everyone thinks it is annoying. Cause the dr is basicly only like 1 second less. So it feels as if you sit in a full stun every 20 seconds.

So once again. Pvp would fix a lot if stun dr was increased. Cause this is basicly the only cc wich makes you able to go all out on a target without it suffering to break from damage.

Edited by Pinka, 16 December 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

#100 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostBraindance, on 16 December 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

No reason to take mass reflect since you give up safeguard. I see no problem with disrupting shout since its cd is 40 seconds and pummel has a 15 sec cd. And yes demo banner is all damage not only physical.
The problem with disrupting shout and pummel is, you get also warbringer stunned for 3 secs, shockwaved for 4, throw in a spell reflect, all those average a 20 sec cd, it becomes difficult for non mage mobility classes to get a cast off, because they can rotate cds over and over.

Edited by Djandawg, 16 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<