Help

Obvious nerfs that are overlooked?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

-purge and dispells off an 8sec cd including spellsteal and arcane shots priest dispells etc
-30sec tremor
-blood fear
-imo tree forms a dumb cd which basically says u prob wont die ever at the cost of most of your mana for 45 seconds
-pom working on ring and alter time

-all buffs should be undispellable or all dispellable. cant have shamans giving 3k mastery which is a MASSIVE increase in damage that cannot be dispelled
-shaman totems other then link are far too easily killed
-shadowstep isnt baseline with energy cost
-HoJ range is far far far too long for an instant cc and blind on a holy pally seems kinda odd doesnt it?
-soulburning full dots in in demon soul feels faceroll to me idn about anyone else
-instant clones
-ferals shifting novas
-enhance shamans bursts still too high if not the highest atm
-same with ferals

my rant built up from ages of posting rights not working but i think these are the next changes that need to happen. i guess some are not so obvious but some seem to not be mentioned

as to tremor? it should be 100 percent removed or put on a 5min cd its way way way too powerful

Edited by zzyzzyzz, 16 December 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#2 sounds

sounds
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/1/.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Some of this is apparently making its way into 5.2

e;

Official Blizzard Quote:

PvP CC Feedback
First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end. This isn’t all on the table for patch 5.2 for a number of reasons.

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hand of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

While we are talking about cc what about having some more spells share DR with each other. A pala can repentance/blinding light/ hammer. No Dr at all. Why is it that fear and blind share a DR and polly/fear and cycone dont? and many more examples like this.
We’re looking at diminishing returns for CC right now as a possible way to help with CC in PvP combat, but it’s the type of gameplay overhaul that can be risky to implement in the middle of an expansion cycle if the change is too drastic. We are, however, taking a look right now at the DRs within particular classes, as well as special snowflakes like Cyclone. Either way, the design discussion will undoubtedly continue!

#3 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

i fail to read then i guess lol

druids been my main this season and lock my other. i feel even tho we are weak that our cds are dumb and need an overhaul. i wish ppl could step outside the class they play and see the bigger picture because it SEEMS bliz listened to nadagastts trinket complaint and i find many of the pros like reckful are VERY bias to the comps THEY play

#4 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

30 sec on tremor... hopefully never happens.
i'm pretty happy about the MoP-dispel-change overall, spam-dispelling of the last expansions was a no-brainer...

Posted Image

#5 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

tremors already 30 just sayin

#6 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

tremor being 30 sec definitely needs to be changed, but it won't be changed until blood fear is fixed first because totemic restoration is the only thing that keeps shaman viable at all compared to other healers.
<3

#7 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Tbh, tremor on 1 min cd is also an old mechanic that needs to go. They should make it so that you need to tremor BEFORE fear hits you, you can't use it inside fear.

#8 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postzzyzzyzz, on 15 December 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

-purge and dispells off an 8sec cd including spellsteal and arcane shots priest dispells etc

I'm assuming you mean Tranquilizing shot and not Arcane shot, keep in mind it works off of a different resource, so putting it on cooldown effects the class differently than those with mana.

Edited by Snipin, 16 December 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#9 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostDerpin, on 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

tremor being 30 sec definitely needs to be changed, but it won't be changed until blood fear is fixed first because totemic restoration is the only thing that keeps shaman viable at all compared to other healers.
Because of the overwhelming of warlock population or?
Because I got two abilities I can never use because of a shaman:
-Void tendrils, aoe freedom totem.
-Psychic scream: aoe fear dispel.

I also would like to know why holy paladins can self bop on blind, warrior fear, kidney etc without even allocating a glyph to it and why do they have double bop? Same way, why can druids use displacer beast, barkskin when they are silenced or use ironbark when hex'd.

This is the exact thing they nerfed with shamans and priests can't do any of those, can only use PS when stunned with a glyph.

#10 spaceship

spaceship
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2389
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 16 December 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

why can druids use displacer beast, barkskin when they are silenced or use ironbark when hex'd.
This last one was hotfixed recently.

#11 Jaws

Jaws
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2430
  • 3v3: 2570
  • 5v5: 2196
  • RBG: 2188

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

HoJ range is 10 yards.....

#12 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

@OP I think I saw your recent post on reddit

Posted Image

On topic, I wouldn't really say that these changes are that overlooked. There is an overwhelming consensus with a lot of the things you suggested. Not sure what you mean with your tree form comment.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#13 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 2098
  • 3v3: 2507
  • 5v5: 2598
  • RBG: 2303

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Perhaps a good change for the Paladin double BoP, Freedom, Sac would be that if they use an ability for the second time, it takes away the second charge on the rest of the abilities.

ie. Paladin has 2 BoPs, 2 Freedoms, and 2 Sacs ready to use. He freedoms both of his teammates, now he has 0 freedoms and only 1 BoP and Sac.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

View Postjaimex, on 06 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

temporal shield combined with ironbark ward is more healing than a shaman ns from 10% hp

#14 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Postspaceship, on 16 December 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

This last one was hotfixed recently.
my bad.

#15 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Wtb old tremore back, was more skill shaman had to place it properly and people with fear had to kill it properly.

Blizz really dumb stuff down, fake casting is barely a part of the game anymore compared to what it was before for some certain classes. Everyone wants thing instant and then they complain there is too many stuns in the game.

#16 zzyzzyzz

zzyzzyzz
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

View PostBigmoran, on 16 December 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

Perhaps a good change for the Paladin double BoP, Freedom, Sac would be that if they use an ability for the second time, it takes away the second charge on the rest of the abilities.

ie. Paladin has 2 BoPs, 2 Freedoms, and 2 Sacs ready to use. He freedoms both of his teammates, now he has 0 freedoms and only 1 BoP and Sac.

i think thats pretty cool cus you basically seem to have a defensive cd up the entire game. u should NEVER have perm defensives

#17 Chaals

Chaals
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • 2v2: 2749
  • 3v3: 3074
  • 5v5: 2701
  • RBG: 2144

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postzzyzzyzz, on 15 December 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

-30sec tremor
-blood fear
-imo tree forms a dumb cd which basically says u prob wont die ever at the cost of most of your mana for 45 seconds
-pom working on ring and alter time

-all buffs should be undispellable or all dispellable. cant have shamans giving 3k mastery which is a MASSIVE increase in damage that cannot be dispelled
-shaman totems other then link are far too easily killed
-shadowstep isnt baseline with energy cost
-HoJ range is far far far too long for an instant cc and blind on a holy pally seems kinda odd doesnt it?
-soulburning full dots in in demon soul feels faceroll to me idn about anyone else
-instant clones
-ferals shifting novas
-enhance shamans bursts still too high if not the highest atm
-same with ferals

my rant built up from ages of posting rights not working but i think these are the next changes that need to happen. i guess some are not so obvious but some seem to not be mentioned

as to tremor? it should be 100 percent removed or put on a 5min cd its way way way too powerful

it's actually 30 seconds duration and yea, that makes resto druids fucking overpowered!

oh wait

#18 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

cheddar just nerf purge already!
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostBigmoran, on 16 December 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

The only thing that needs to be nerfed about Holy Paladins is Repent->Hoj->Blind->Repent, double bops/freedoms/sacs are fine, literally 90% of teams have dispel, and a good portion have atleast two, half the time Sacrifice is gone before it even transfers damage.

#20 duskfallx

duskfallx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2363
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Agree with most of the suggestions. I also think the Constant Damage has to be increased, while offensive CDs have to be toned down. That would increase skill cap in the game significantly. Game shouldn't allow people to run in and pop everything first seconds and destroy opposite team/force everything. Old PvP was way more skillful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<