#23 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

kelustu the league of legends player and s4 glad only druid trying to get buck on people for their ratings in a video game lol
Posted Image

#24 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

nice, gonna log on and play vs bots. luxluxluxluxlux

nvm there's a patch. gg everyone

Edited by Hobbeś, 17 December 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#25 Shipupi

Shipupi
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

dont be mean guys
Posted Image

#26 Vexzor

Vexzor
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Crushridge
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Assassination 0/0/2/1/0/.
  • LocationManhattan, NY

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

I would burn my christmas tree to play dota2 rn

#27 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

tell me your steam name and i'll send you an invite nigger
[04:20:00] Dan: Just bang her
[20:05:48] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'd like to think
[20:05:51] ALEXIS JAGGER: I'm a modest person

#28 iamgoingham

iamgoingham
  • Members

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostVexzor, on 20 December 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

I would burn my christmas tree to play dota2 rn

dota 2 keys are handed out like cheezburgers @ mcdonalds atm

#29 BaklivaX

BaklivaX
  • Members
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Ye wondering how can you not have D2 key if you want to play it? So easy to get. But anyway yeah Dota2>>>>>>>>>>>LoL
Posted Image

#30 Shipupi

Shipupi
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Detheroc
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

14 is a nice number
Posted Image

#31 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 17 December 2012 - 03:00 AM, said:

Dude give me a break.  If you wanna say that it's the most popular moba right now, I can't contest that.  If you wanted to say that people (maybe I don't know how) have more fun playing it than dota, maybe even that would be a valid point considering the learning curve for dota is much steeper.  But in terms of which game is actually better?  Dota is obviously better.

you literally just spam spells in a good potion of the game in league and its no problem with the mana cost of spells or mana regen available to heroes.  built in blink to every hero.  no deny feature.  towers are laughably retarded in league with the way they operate + the damage they do.  it was nice for league to try to go their own route with using bushes for ways to drop sight but it pales in comparison to the juking options available in dota.  it's simply a worse game.

hon is better than league but unfortunately riot's marketing strategies were >> S2's and that's why league took off in comparison.  the worst part in all of this is, i say this after having played enough games to go from like level 1 to level 16 or so in league.  i sincerely gave it a fair shot.  idk how many games it is from level 1 to level 16, but i can assure you any league fanboy never gave hon/dota the same amount of time.

reminder the skill shots in league are hilariously bad/easy.  "hey do i have to aim this ashe arrow around creeps?"  no lol, it goes right through them all.  "why is the area so big for this arrow to hit? why is the arrow so big?"  idk league lol

it blows.

BC was good mate.

my computer is made of wood and can't currently handle dota2 is why im not playing it at the moment :\

Even though I've never played DOTA, DOTA 2, or HoN, I still feel like you didn't give league a fair enough shot. Then again, if you don't like the game, why waste time trying to level until you're level 30?

A key thing to note is that League of Legends sub lvl 30, and League of Legends at lvl 30 are almost two completely different experiences. You have runes, masteries, overall skill level, amount of champions available to you, amount of gaming options available to you (draft, ranked, etc.)

I just feel like addressing some of your points. Especially the ones that jumped out as being strange to me the most. I hope I'm being fair in my responses.

you literally just spam spells in a good potion of the game in league and its no problem with the mana cost of spells or mana regen available to heroes.

Simply isn't true. There's a large amount of champions that are heavily limited by their mana and mana cost. Pantheon, Warwick, Cho'gath, Sona, Nami, Lux etc. If you spam spells with like 80% of champions with mana bars, your mana is going to get shit on.

If you spam, you're going to run out of mana quickly without blue buff or heavy mana regen itemization + masteries + rune pages. Mana management comes with skill and knowledge of course though, and can be mitigated to some extent. I just disagree in this area though. I almost thought you weren't playing the same game as me (although you might have played it a long time ago, so the game could be completely different).

built in blink to every hero.  no deny feature.  towers are laughably retarded in league with the way they operate + the damage they do.  it was nice for league to try to go their own route with using bushes for ways to drop sight but it pales in comparison to the juking options available in dota.  it's simply a worse game.

If you're referring to flash, it's a long cooldown with plenty of ways to outplay others (and to get yourself outplayed by wasting it). It's a summoner spell, it's not built in. Not every champion even needs flash. And many champions after they use it, they're a sitting duck for a good 3+ minutes. A good player keeps control of an enemy's cooldowns and abuses the chance to catch them with their pants down when they can.

What's wrong with towers? I think their strength is almost perfect. Is it too strong? Too weak? What do you mean by how they operate? They shoot a laser projectile at you if you're in range. Please clarify this!

hon is better than league but unfortunately riot's marketing strategies were >> S2's and that's why league took off in comparison.  the worst part in all of this is, i say this after having played enough games to go from like level 1 to level 16 or so in league.  i sincerely gave it a fair shot.  idk how many games it is from level 1 to level 16, but i can assure you any league fanboy never gave hon/dota the same amount of time.

What did League do differently from HoN in promotion? That would be an interesting lesson.

Anyways, league of legends before lvl 30 is just a shit fest of idiots slamming the keyboard at each other while revolving around free week champions.

Lvl 30 normals are better, as it is more structured and most people have some clue of what they're doing.

Decent ELO ranked games are pretty fun, as long as you have a team willing to cooperate.

Don't forget, it's rather easy to get involved in league, and almost everybody has it. So no matter where you go, you can always make friends in League of Legends, an advantage due to it's sheer popularity.

I'll have to take you up on HoN or Dota 2 whenever I get the free time and the spare cash to try it. Right now, they don't interest me because League satisfies that niche personally.

reminder the skill shots in league are hilariously bad/easy.  "hey do i have to aim this ashe arrow around creeps?"  no lol, it goes right through them all.  "why is the area so big for this arrow to hit? why is the arrow so big?"  idk league lol

it blows.

Bitch, have you played Viktor? You don't know SHIT about skillshots until you can land his laser beam. There's actually a lot of skill shots heavily dependent on being able to land them amidst minions and etc.

Exhibit A: Blitzcrank's grab.
Exhibit B: Lee Sin's initiate.
Exhibit C: Amumu's initiate.

I could go on and on...
Ashe needs her arrow to go through minions, otherwise it would be useless in team fights because she's an AD carry. Plus it allows you to make critical long distance arrows across lanes, which can completely change the tide of a gank or a 1v1 at the other side of the map. It's not that difficult if you go out of the enemy's line of sight and shoot down horizontal lanes with non-retarded teammates (teammate intelligence not even necessary in some cases).

I just feel like you didn't give this game a fair chance exactly, but if you're not enjoying it now then I guess in your case, it's not worth it.

If your whole case is League is okay, but Dota is so much better, then I recommend giving League of Legends a second shot. I'm not really a fanboy, but I just felt like addressing some of your grievances. Like I said again, I almost felt like we were playing two completely different games!

#32 downedlolidiot

downedlolidiot
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

View PostFTRouslan, on 24 December 2012 - 02:00 AM, said:

Even though I've never played DOTA, DOTA 2, or HoN,

translation: my post isn't worth reading

#33 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

View Postdownedlolidiot, on 24 December 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

translation: my post isn't worth reading

It really isn't if you eat, sleep, and shit incompetence and ignorance.

#34 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

The mana and tower issues are to be seen in relation to how things are in dota/hon. I personally do not play LoL and have played not more than 10 games total in the past. My experience is that <in relation to hon/dota> spells are being spammed much more. This is supported by the fact that league players in dota tend to be oom a 100% of the time.
League being more spammy in terms of spells is not a bad thing at all though, it's just a difference.
Concerning towers, they are dealing a retarded amount of damage and their mechanics (read: the way they operate) are way different than in hon/dota. In general they are far more scary and seem to inhibit aggressive playstyles in LoL in comparison to dota where you can easily level 1 dive towers if you do it right (and fail terribly if your opponent outplays you). This is again only a difference and not inherently bad.
Although in my mind the strong towers in LoL make up for boring gameplay.

What actually makes LoL a worthless piece of shit game whose playerbase should entirely be wiped off of the face of this planet and whose creators should be sent back in time to 1944 and put into Auschwitz is the following:

You can buy advantages for $.
Their marketing is retarded.

Among other - relatively minor - things.

#35 Hobbeś

Hobbeś
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tanaris
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

I like Lux

#36 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

After a remarkably cogent post from Treeqt, I've decided to quit League of Legends. Game is played by Hitler anyways, what a fucking joke.

Scumbag community.

#37 treeqt

treeqt
  • Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

sometimes i wish i forgot the german language so i could enjoy those videos

#38 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

View Posttreeqt, on 24 December 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

sometimes i wish i forgot the german language so i could enjoy those videos

Good thing you don't understand Arabic.

Scumbag community.

#39 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:45 AM

playing dota 2 is probably the least fun thing i've ever done in my life

ranking of games that give me negative amounts of fun (aka i'd literally rather stare at a wall than play them because they put me in a state of mental despair that i can only describe as being so helplessly bored that i want to set my house on fire so i can have an excuse to stop playing):

1. dota 2
2. hon
3. league (the only reason this isn't #1 is because people could play on new accounts with me which meant i didn't have to try at all or care if we won so i could spend all game telling people to smoke weed)
4. diablo 3 (ok this game was fun at first but i honestly have no idea how people can play it for more than like one day)

i've included a handy scale to illustrate how i feel about these video games i hope this helps

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

What actually makes LoL a worthless piece of shit game whose playerbase should entirely be wiped off of the face of this planet and whose creators should be sent back in time to 1944 and put into Auschwitz is the following:

You can buy advantages for $.
Their marketing is retarded.
what?

I prefer dota myself but neither of these are true
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<