#2 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

it's okay since he cried during his speech about the 26 kids :)

#3 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I didn't watch the whole thing but is this basically "drone strike civ casualties = murder"?

#4 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Obama: "...oil loving foreigners whose skin is rather brown, I push a button then a drone will blow up half their town"

"...and the pro-life activists, I've got 'em on the list..." What?

I'm doubting the journalistic integrity of this.

I think any serious criticism of drone strikes needs an evaluation of how many lives alternative methods of engaging terrorists would cost.

#5 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Al Qaeda leaders and most members are terrorists / part of terrorist organization. "Terrorist" being people that target civilians to cause fear and chaos. He may not always be as effective at doing so as people'd like, but Obama does try to minimize civilian casualties - and doesn't specifically target them, before you call him a terrorist by that definition.

Alternative methods being sending troops in or bombing. They're not going to just let Al Qaeda operate freely.

#6 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Obama is just trying to save the world from terrorism. If America didn't do that you'd have people everywhere blowing themselves up everywhere in the world so be thankful for once.

#7 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

rah rah rah the anti war left rah rah rah
Posted Image

#8 Buglamp

Buglamp
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 15 December 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

any definition that includes al qaeda also includes the united states government - if you think al qaeda attacks you because they like chaos and hate freedom, turn off channel 6

Kind of a strawman, I understand Al Qaeda has political and moral reasons for attacking the U.S., but that doesn't excuse their methods. Their ideology is also regressive. The U.S. government has done fucked up things over the years, but in current day it's not comparable to Al Qaeda - president Obama is fairly reasonable when it comes to social and foreign policy so far, considering the political climate he has to work in.

doesn't he have a list of american citizens to kill? this is why the definition of terrorist is important; at the moment, the definition is "people who obama doesn't like." obama has, without exaggeration, redefined the word "militant" in white house documents to include more civilians so as to reduce the number of civilian casualties reported.

These american citizens, are they also Al Qaeda members and/or suspected terrorists? This sounds like paranoid bullshit or at least serious hyperbole to me. I'm pretty sure he's not just planning on killing, like the vid suggests, pro-life activists or whatever because he disagrees with them. Obama is not just going after people he doesn't like. I can believe marking off civilians as terrorists just for making things look less ugly though. Still, it's hard to know which people in/around an Al Qaeda base are just regular civilians and not supporters to some degree.

why not?
Because amongst their goals is harming the US, and if allowed to spread their influence and gain resources they will deal more damage to both the US(and further regress the middle east) if they can.

#9 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Obama has assassinated one American citizen.
Posted Image

#10 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

DUSKNOIR I have a protest video for you it's very much up your alley.

I pledge no allegiance, fuck the president's speeches
-Dnoir

#11 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

@ Everyone who disagrees with DNOIR:

#12 breadstik

breadstik
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image

#13 Jewpaci

Jewpaci
  • Junkies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

lets expose him Du5k

#14 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

This is bullshit. Obama cried cause he has a heart and cares. pathetic

#15 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 16 December 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

their goals are harming the US because the US harms them (to a much greater degree, might I add.) surely you're awake that the 9/11 attacks were retaliatory?

a retaliation to what?
Posted Image

#16 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

its nothing new that americas government is trash. you are blaming obama so much it's quite funny.
this has nothing to do with obama. it's about america. if it was only about the president, then why were the people before him shit?
he might be worse but the source of the problem is still shitty america. terrorists only exist because america terrorizes other countries first and turns it into a glorious patriotic movie or game aka bf3. i actually own bf3 and played single player. basically a bunch of tough cool guys who never say anything bad/wrong. yes i am sure that's how soldiers act in the war. american soldiers have done horrible things in other countries that nobody even knows about because it is covered up so much. they made a movie about 911, its fucking pathetic but what about all the countries america went into for no reason? any smart person incl world leaders in this world does not like america but if anyone ever said that.. they would be terrorists, right? since al Qaeda was made because a bunch of middle eastern people just don't like mcdonalds. but whatever

#17 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostHyrmine, on 16 December 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

i actually own bf3 and played single player. basically a bunch of tough cool guys who never say anything bad/wrong.

you sure? one of the marines in bf3 said that america was "founded for terrorists, by terrorists" and the plot of the game was based around one of the marines being in trouble and basically being arrested/interrogated
s a d b o y s

#18 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

i havent finished it, not even close but what i am completely positive of is that if any teen plays bf3 they're just going to like the us army even MORE. people watch homeland (cia crap) and think that the cia is running around in their office saying "DAMN I MISSED 911, I CANT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!"
people dont even realize how much media is influencing their thinking.

#19 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

i thought bf3 did a pretty good job at not glorifying war tbh, some of the call duty games were a bit worse in that aspect imo
s a d b o y s

#20 Bloodriot

Bloodriot
  • Members

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostDU5KNOIR, on 16 December 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

america's foreign policy with regards to the middle east. the below is a quote from bin laden that you've probably never heard of.

If only that quote had been printed by a mainstream news source, then maybe I'd have heard of it. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it should also be pointed out that OBL also takes issue with the following:

The printing of the Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad.
He deems our war in East Timor to be a "crusader-zionist war"
He believes Salman Rushdie to be the infidel.

So, if a small Western European democracy prints satire, you're an enemy of AQ. If you prevent genocide from happening in East Timor you've upset bin laden. If you say a british citizen is free to write a novel, you're deserving of punishment.

OBL and AQ are not freedom fighters as you imply, nor have all other options been exhausted and their hands been forced. They are in fact Fascists and Sadists who care naught for democracy, or culture, or science, or art and who would kill both you and I if they could.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<