46 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

The Ret I played with in Cata quit PvP entirely in MoP because he simply didn't enjoy his Paladin anymore. The playstyle was butchered even further and there is no real decision between healing or damaging anymore, because holy power generates so quickly now.
Posted Image

#22 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

wotlk ret was best ret
bring back support classes(jk homogenization)
Posted Image

#23 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostTwocat, on 26 December 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

wotlk ret was best ret
bring back support classes(jk homogenization)

pretty much, everyone got self heals like warlocks had (and they only had it because of life tap mana management) taking away from what most support classes offered and then because of that support needed equal dmg to pure dps slowly turning everything into the exact same thing with a few minor tweaks

#24 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1556
  • 3v3: 1734
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1800

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The big stupid thing is: when MoP launched we healed for X and was balanced. Now they nerf heals so we heal X/2 - ALL OTHER CLASSES heal for % life values, they're heals were NOT NERFED AT ALL (like our SS) and we heep balanced.

So much for being hybrids. Warlocks, Warriors and Hunters outheal us. That's how balanced it is. And they don't sacrifice damage to do so either, Second Wind, Exhiliration, Dark Regeneration, and there's a lot more, that's just on the top of my head. Not to mention the CD.

We have bubble, divine protection and that's it. We Prot ourselves and we cant hit, heal for 80k taking magic damage and CC - down to almost useless. We sacrifice a 100k TV to heal a 40k WoG, we get to heal ourselves 40k free every 16 secs with 3 judges Selfless Healers or absorv 90k SS in 30 secs (taking SIX seconds to go up) that can be stealed and dispeled. That's IT.

Buff EF and we have another SS, but we can overlap it, wasting the "free health" if we WoG again after a EF WoG. Second wind heal more than the buffed EF. How about that? And costs no Holy Power. Nice.

Yes, I'm angry.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#25 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

/target party1
/cast dark regeneration

?????????

it didnt heal them??????? wtf

TLDR ret palies need to shut up

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Because Rets are dominating the ladders atm. Sure, a bit of that is because of Warrior representation, but there is no incentive to bring a Ret over, let's say, Enhancement Shaman. Enhancement brings the same if not better offheals, more utility (tremor, freedom on a somewhat longer cd, more CC, more frequent interrupts, better sustain damage). On top of that, casters completely rape Ret Paladins. Meleecleaves completely rape Ret Paladins.

They're like the glass cannon they were in cata, without the decent survival tools.
Posted Image

#27 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

There's no need to off heal if you can FEAR to peel the enemy off someone and since 8 secs with 40k DPS = 320k that your ally did not take because you have a SPAMABLE 8 secs CC that makes the enemy run to the other side of the arena/BG and on top of that, can take damage and does not break easily. On the other hand, Ret can sacrifice 40% of DPS to heal for 40k every 3 GCD.

So, we have 20% worse survivability and 20% worse peels AT LEAST.

Not about DPS, not about burst, not about movement, even our weak off heal is OK. But without better ways to stay alive and at least 1 more option to CC we're really impaired.

Fact is that there's almost no Ret on any good place now and Ret is a class a LOT of people whould love to play. And lots play as it is anyway, there's no way someone can argue that every Ret sucks at the game. Even Vanguards stoped playing because of what I'm saying.
Posted Image

-> In short: "Balance is make 6-7 specs balanced to compete and let the rest nerfed but make it playable so maybe some exeptional professional players can compete with a nerfed spec." = Blizz supports FOTM.

#28 Stiven

Stiven
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 2/2/0/2/2/2

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

View Postwuzzle, on 15 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I did some Arenas yesterday. With the pvpp nerfs and the new healing debuff you get in arenas I noticed my FoLs healing me for mighty 29k hp.
Since healing more or less the only defensive mechanic I have I feel quite useless on that part. I'll go Sacred Shield now, I guess....
Ret healings with WoL is OP, and I bet they gonna nerf us... regarding to FoL it is also ok as an instant heal.

#29 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 31 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

The big stupid thing is: when MoP launched we healed for X and was balanced. Now they nerf heals so we heal X/2 - ALL OTHER CLASSES heal for % life values, they're heals were NOT NERFED AT ALL (like our SS) and we heep balanced.

So much for being hybrids. Warlocks, Warriors and Hunters outheal us. That's how balanced it is. And they don't sacrifice damage to do so either, Second Wind, Exhiliration, Dark Regeneration, and there's a lot more, that's just on the top of my head. Not to mention the CD.

We have bubble, divine protection and that's it. We Prot ourselves and we cant hit, heal for 80k taking magic damage and CC - down to almost useless. We sacrifice a 100k TV to heal a 40k WoG, we get to heal ourselves 40k free every 16 secs with 3 judges Selfless Healers or absorv 90k SS in 30 secs (taking SIX seconds to go up) that can be stealed and dispeled. That's IT.

Buff EF and we have another SS, but we can overlap it, wasting the "free health" if we WoG again after a EF WoG. Second wind heal more than the buffed EF. How about that? And costs no Holy Power. Nice.

Yes, I'm angry.

You need to relax. it's a game.

Rets heals/defensive mechanics needsome reworking, but you're going lose your mind with the way you're typing.

Just FYI, warlocks fall over to pretty much everything. They have no sustained damage, no "real" escape mechanics outside of abusing portal, and now with the blood fear nerf coming in 5.2, no real utility to bring to the table. Warlocks are taking some heavy nerfs next patch. Warrriors are as well, with the shockwave cd being doubled and second wind being nerfed down to 2%.

Please read patch notes before you decide to post.

#30 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 01 January 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

There's no need to off heal if you can FEAR to peel the enemy off someone and since 8 secs with 40k DPS = 320k that your ally did not take because you have a SPAMABLE 8 secs CC that makes the enemy run to the other side of the arena/BG and on top of that, can take damage and does not break easily. On the other hand, Ret can sacrifice 40% of DPS to heal for 40k every 3 GCD.

So, we have 20% worse survivability and 20% worse peels AT LEAST.

Not about DPS, not about burst, not about movement, even our weak off heal is OK. But without better ways to stay alive and at least 1 more option to CC we're really impaired.

Fact is that there's almost no Ret on any good place now and Ret is a class a LOT of people whould love to play. And lots play as it is anyway, there's no way someone can argue that every Ret sucks at the game. Even Vanguards stoped playing because of what I'm saying.

ret is a class.........................................news to me

ret is more than glad viable atm just dont suck dick

#31 Trainwreck86

Trainwreck86
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • 2v2: 1318
  • LocationCorvallis, OR

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Feels like they're trying to get classes to a point where they're all on equally shitty footing, then they'll nerf damage by 20% and things will be a little better for the underperforming specs?

Jk sup rogues

#32 Crono_Smash

Crono_Smash
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Locks can use teleport to LoS that can give more time than bubble, not dispelable and lower CD. Heals self more, better and faster, can fear to peels, can fear to CC healer even if need to cast.

Numbers back my point anyway, Rets are one of the classes people most want to play and there's almost nobody on high game as Ret. Nobody wants a Ret on any RBG as much as any Lock, Mage, War, DK, Spriest.

Rets are on the same place as Enhance - die easily, have not enough CCs to be that usefull.

Compare to a Spriest for instance... Void Shift + Dispersion = Lay on Hands. Any comp with it can use as long as is on LoS, it's instant usable on arena/RBG - even Lay it's not anymore. Not to mention that priest have a 30s AREA FEAR that last for 8 secs, don't break easy and spreads the whole enemy team (think of that inside the circle of a Silveshard mines game for instance) and we have a 2 mins area blind that lasts for 6 secs and any dot breaks without any improvement to position.

I can put up tha math to every class with every CC and defensive CD that PROVES that Ret (and Enh) needs better CC/Peels and Survivability. Gonna make it when I have enough time, so facts are on plain sight and Blizz can't say we're OK as it is despise the fact that there's no top game Ret (and whoever is there right now it's because was already on past seasons with the help of the not reseted MMR) and there can never be a LF Ret for RBG as it is for almost any spec except for Enhancement.
Posted Image

#33 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostCrono_Smash, on 01 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

Locks can use teleport to LoS that can give more time than bubble, not dispelable and lower CD. Heals self more, better and faster, can fear to peels, can fear to CC healer even if need to cast.

Numbers back my point anyway, Rets are one of the classes people most want to play and there's almost nobody on high game as Ret. Nobody wants a Ret on any RBG as much as any Lock, Mage, War, DK, Spriest.

Rets are on the same place as Enhance - die easily, have not enough CCs to be that usefull.

Compare to a Spriest for instance... Void Shift + Dispersion = Lay on Hands. Any comp with it can use as long as is on LoS, it's instant usable on arena/RBG - even Lay it's not anymore. Not to mention that priest have a 30s AREA FEAR that last for 8 secs, don't break easy and spreads the whole enemy team (think of that inside the circle of a Silveshard mines game for instance) and we have a 2 mins area blind that lasts for 6 secs and any dot breaks without any improvement to position.

I can put up tha math to every class with every CC and defensive CD that PROVES that Ret (and Enh) needs better CC/Peels and Survivability. Gonna make it when I have enough time, so facts are on plain sight and Blizz can't say we're OK as it is despise the fact that there's no top game Ret (and whoever is there right now it's because was already on past seasons with the help of the not reseted MMR) and there can never be a LF Ret for RBG as it is for almost any spec except for Enhancement.

you are right ret is in the same boat as enhance shamans...................................................

this kid has to be a troll he makes the wow arena forums look intelligent.

PS if you are serious plz find a easier game.

#34 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 01 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

you are right ret is in the same boat as enhance shamans...................................................

you literally define shitposter
Posted Image

#35 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

View Postedthelad, on 02 January 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

you literally define shitposter

yup yup here come the ret downsyndrome team

warlock teleport = bubble
void shift dispersion = bubble

ill give u more but it is hard to break through the river of tears from 1500 trash

PS: paladins are the BEST healer atm why bother going ret when holy gives u a free title

#36 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 02 January 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

yup yup here come the ret downsyndrome team

warlock teleport = bubble
void shift dispersion = bubble

ill give u more but it is hard to break through the river of tears from 1500 trash

PS: paladins are the BEST healer atm why bother going ret when holy gives u a free title

Bubble really isn't that good, tbh. Sure, it's convenient, but it's countered by so many comps out there.

I've played both ret and lock at around 2400 mmr, and can honestly say that locks have the short end of the stick when it comes to surviving. However, it's not like ret is leagues ahead of them in terms of tanking shit. Ret literally gets trained 95% of the time, no matter what comp they're running. Why do you think that is? People know that they kind of suck.

And please stop saying that people need to play a different spec if they want to do well, it's really, really stupid.

#37 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postterribleperson, on 02 January 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Bubble really isn't that good, tbh. Sure, it's convenient, but it's countered by so many comps out there.

I've played both ret and lock at around 2400 mmr, and can honestly say that locks have the short end of the stick when it comes to surviving. However, it's not like ret is leagues ahead of them in terms of tanking shit. Ret literally gets trained 95% of the time, no matter what comp they're running. Why do you think that is? People know that they kind of suck.

And please stop saying that people need to play a different spec if they want to do well, it's really, really stupid.

you went full retard if that is what u picked out of what I said

#38 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 02 January 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

you went full retard if that is what u picked out of what I said

half of what you wrote was written in some retard, garbage language I couldn't read. My bad.

edit: more than half actually.  I rounded down for you because you're special and need the encouragement.

double edit: faggot.

#39 YndigoDS

YndigoDS
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

lol this thread
Posted Image

#40 edthelad

edthelad
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 0/1/0/1/0/.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

View Postgangstalicious, on 01 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

I'm a holy paladin that doesn't play at the moment.

Now, take the time to scroll up and look at everyone's posts. They manage to use sentences, paragraphs, capital letters and actually write constructively. Your posts look like a 4 year old learning how to write, and read like you have a learning disability (no offense if you do)

Here's an example post of yours:

"your retard

low rate noob fagget

i'm s4 glad your bad......................................................

lol didn't read what u wrote cus u bad"

stfu
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retribution healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<