#1 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/2/0

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

I did some Arenas yesterday. With the pvpp nerfs and the new healing debuff you get in arenas I noticed my FoLs healing me for mighty 29k hp.
Since healing more or less the only defensive mechanic I have I feel quite useless on that part. I'll go Sacred Shield now, I guess....

#2 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

pvp power change to not work at all for non-healers + 30% MS aura + MS up at all = hybrid heals are completely worthless outside of a lifeswap

Ret got nerfed the hardest and they were arguably the worst
Posted Image

#3 Ngzlife

Ngzlife
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

View Postwuzzle, on 15 December 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

I did some Arenas yesterday. With the pvpp nerfs and the new healing debuff you get in arenas I noticed my FoLs healing me for mighty 29k hp.
Since healing more or less the only defensive mechanic I have I feel quite useless on that part. I'll go Sacred Shield now, I guess....

not sure if serious

#4 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

The only defensive mechanic without a significant cool down.

Or do you want to tell me that rets are tanky?

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 1866

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostNgzlife, on 15 December 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

not sure if serious

You must've not played during all of cata and MoP. Rets die so fast it's unreal. Selfhealing -IS- their only reliable form of defense. They're glass cannons, just like DKs.
Posted Image

#6 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostNgzlife, on 15 December 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

not sure if serious

He's 100% serious, and 100% right.
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

#7 Celephia

Celephia
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

relax, u still heal more than a almost full geared disc priest ok?

#8 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

So what am I supposed to think? "Well yeah, Ret's good since he's better than the worst healer." ... That does not make sense.

#9 rodrigorm

rodrigorm
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm a Holy Priest and my RBG leader, a ret pally, can sometimes burst more healz (in a given time frame) than all the other healers, including myself.

You should reroll or l2ret, seriously.

#10 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

So the numbers you get for heals are dependent on skill. Good to know.

Sure, if you combine Holy Avenger with wings you can dish out a few back to back heals but that's quite a sum of GCDs you're sacrificing. That does not change the fact that the heals are small. A FoL on a Teammate is still a reasonable heal but cast on self it's a very weak one.

To the non flamers: Is SS the way to go now? I did not test it yet...

#11 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Postrodrigorm, on 15 December 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm a Holy Priest and my RBG leader, a ret pally, can sometimes burst more healz (in a given time frame) than all the other healers, including myself.

You should reroll or l2ret, seriously.

You play Holy priest in RBG... seriously?  Do you not just get completely zerged down everytime u get in combat?
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#12 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

um i can't toss ANY heals except for bandages, should i cry rivers?

calling FoL only defensive mechanics is just silly, do you really play a pally?
shut up pvp guy

#13 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Yeah. Hate on friend.
Getting trained as a rogue may even be more a pain in the kabuki then as a ret but that ist not part of the discussion. ..

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I liked that one time when I healthswapped my rogue back to full hp, casted one flash heal on myself, and then he was back in execute range.

Oh wait, actually happens almost all the time.
Posted Image

#15 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostReirei, on 20 December 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

um i can't toss ANY heals except for bandages, should i cry rivers?

calling FoL only defensive mechanics is just silly, do you really play a pally?

Honestly, i've never seen you post a single intelligent thing is this forum. Using your own class mechanics to argue a point against someone who is legitimately saying his class heals are shit right now is aboslutely retarded. You're a rogue, you're not going to have heals. The game is designed that way.

On topic, yes, he's right. Ret's defensives are 100% completely in their heals. If you think using hammer of the righteous coupled with the divine protection glyph does ANYTHING against melee zerging the fuck out of you, you're dead wrong. Simply put, the damage reduction benefit from using both of those abilities combined is nothing.

I use the TV glyph which is another 10% damage reduction after successfullyusing TV.

So:
HoTR- 10%
DP Glyph- 20%
TV Glyph- 10% (for six seconds)

I had actually timed my TV perfectly during a game versus a warrior in conjunction with all my other CD's mentioned. I was still taken from 85-ish% to less than 10% in a shockwave stun, and in a later game, a deepfreeze.

Most classes ret has to deal with in arena either have MD, Shattering Throw, and offensive dispells. What, then, outside of ret's heals are going to save it?

Please stop fucking posting stupid shit.

#16 terribleperson

terribleperson
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

@OP

For the time being i suggest speccing  into divine purpose. You'll sometimes get lucky with 3-5 procs in a row and you'l be able to tank things a little better, however, it's very rng and you're just screwed at times. I'll also pop my on-use trinket defensively now because of the shorter CD on it. Since our SP scales with STR, it will help you in times where the other team is putting it in your dick hole. Also good for counter burst pressure w/o popping major cd's.

#17 originalret

originalret
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1851
  • LocationAus

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

View Postterribleperson, on 20 December 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

@OP

For the time being i suggest speccing  into divine purpose. You'll sometimes get lucky with 3-5 procs in a row and you'l be able to tank things a little better, however, it's very rng and you're just screwed at times. I'll also pop my on-use trinket defensively now because of the shorter CD on it. Since our SP scales with STR, it will help you in times where the other team is putting it in your dick hole. Also good for counter burst pressure w/o popping major cd's.

Key part being the mention of strength here, but someone will have to check with a gladiator regarding the viability of offense provided by strength vs pvp power (elitist jerks gave me a warning for posting that exact question in their pvp section due to "hand holding" so they wont be much help for number crunching. i only just got here so i cant seem to post the question in the class-specific forum for pallies)

alternatively, seal of insight can somewhat count as defensive (however when put next to blood presence, defensive stance or brewmaster stance its a piece of piss) as the extra % to heals make them a little more powerful and 2 stacks of selfless healer + 10% haste is near impossible to interrupt.

also, sacred shield is as viable as selfelss healer, as the shield provided by SS is subject to pvp power also.

#18 Matah

Matah
  • Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

How is 29k bad for an instant heal that costs no mana? Or am I missing something here?

• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostMatah, on 25 December 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

How is 29k bad for an instant heal that costs no mana? Or am I missing something here?

You need to build it for 12 seconds. 29k every 12 seconds is pretty worthless compared to what most other hybrids can do.
Posted Image

#20 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

29k is like 7% of your total health. If you're getting shit on those 7% don't mean that much.
The alternative - Sacred Shield- has the penalties of not applying the shield on use but 6 seconds after applying, making it non reactive but proactive and, since you can easily dispell it in those 6 seconds, almost useless against competent dispellers...

That's just how I feel about it. Does not need to be true but things on my ret feel too slow and clunky for the current pace of the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: retribution healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<