234 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/1/.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostBuglamp, on 14 December 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I don't understand why this freaks people out that much. I mean I understand the context and location has some implications - it's not a product of war/poverty/famine or whatever, but still, worse shit happens every day.

shooting kids? don't really think there is much worse than that

#22 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I don't understand why this freaks people out that much. I mean I understand the context and location has some implications - it's not a product of war/poverty/famine or whatever, but still, worse shit happens every day.

agreed
i dont take it personal at all but i think thats because its in the US. When shit happened in norway last year i really felt the impact so i guess its different for americans.

Posted Image

#23 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Obviously I can't speak for most people here but, as a dad, the first thing that goes through my head when I hear something like this is "what if that was my son's school".

Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#24 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

This shit sickens me, times like these I wish we still had public executions. That disturbed fuck wants his 15min, he would get it under the guillotine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#25 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

http://www.usatoday....bbings/1770395/
Posted Image

#26 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

lol fox news *edit and CNN*

"The shooter is confirmed dead inside the school.

We go live to his Facebook account, where he is angrily cursing our network in real time."

ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#27 Slashgiggle

Slashgiggle
  • LocationHome of the Brave

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

Man I barely made it through that video
Fernando Torres, Lord of Football

#28 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

something happened in China :duckers:
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#29 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Yeah no need to ban weapons in the US, people need to protect themselves, right? right?

#30 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

at least they can cry about police like bitches

#31 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Guess this school didn't have a cop outside, if there was we should've heard about it by now.  Every school I know of, public or private, has a uniformed officer stationed there.  The one next to me has a cop out till 12am.

Really wraps up the week with the guy that shot two people in the mall and the guy that stabbed some 22 kids.

#32 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostPawzz, on 15 December 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Yeah no need to ban weapons in the US, people need to protect themselves, right? right?
You think criminals actually give a fuck about something being banned? lol...
I'm the man.

#33 Namechangex

Namechangex
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

coppers were too busy writing tickets to people that drive 10mph over 75mph at 4am in the morning :)
Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! Use only common abbreviations and acronyms, and then give their definition as soon after their first use as possible. Occasionally, however, an abbreviation or acronym may be so familiar to intended audiences that it may be used without a definition. In fact, some may be more familiar than the full name. http://www.arenajunk...-rules-2272014/

#34 Kakio

Kakio
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Khadgar
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Protection
  • LocationNorway ^^,

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

guys you dont understand that in cases like this where its planned ahead banning all weapons would only hinder this guy by a few days. do you know how easy it is get illigal weapons in the US? People like this who plan ahead are always gonna be able to get their weapons so banning all weapons wont really help. Look at the norway shooting where he just crossed the border with them. or look at loads of the finnish school massacres where they got guns from russia...its so easy to get ahold of guns illigally banning them wont do shit for cases like this.

Posted Image

#35 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I think people vastly underestimate the amount of weapons available.  So few people realize the arms trade is literally still being fueled by the surplus of Soviet weapons from two decades ago.  Then take into account the 300+ million firearms in the U.S. alone and it isn't anywhere close to as simple as "gun control."  Ak-47s cost as low as $30-50 in some places, the director of the movie Lord of War bought real AK's (3000 I think) for his movie cause the props were more expensive.  He planned on destroying them, but it was too expensive so he just sold them at a loss.  Same dude also sold the tanks used in the movie to Syria, which if you pay attention to current news is currently using them to kill it's own civilians.

Also the people talking about "gun laws not working" or "mentally ill people getting guns" really don't seem to know the first thing about gun laws anyway.  Only thing "funnier" is people that know jack-shit about guns trying to regulate them.

#36 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostKakio, on 15 December 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

guys you dont understand that in cases like this where its planned ahead banning all weapons would only hinder this guy by a few days. do you know how easy it is get illigal weapons in the US? People like this who plan ahead are always gonna be able to get their weapons so banning all weapons wont really help. Look at the norway shooting where he just crossed the border with them. or look at loads of the finnish school massacres where they got guns from russia...its so easy to get ahold of guns illigally banning them wont do shit for cases like this.

Your logic is entirely flawed. This could only happen in the U.S. because we're full of gun toting rednecks, depression filled fatties that only eat at McDonalds, and just downright horrible people. EU > US or something

#37 Thanatos

Thanatos
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Khaz'goroth
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image
ಠ_ಠ

Posted Image

#38 Rilor

Rilor
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy
  • RBG: 2342
  • LocationStraya Cunt

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

View PostHealsnPeels, on 15 December 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Your logic is entirely flawed. This could only happen in the U.S. because we're full of gun toting rednecks, depression filled fatties that only eat at McDonalds, and just downright horrible people. EU > US or something
wat
I'm the man.

#39 Jayru

Jayru
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

Lets blame video games, music, movies, and guns.

Meanwhile, lets ignore crappy healthcare, terrible education systems, gut social net programs, unemployment, and ignore mental health problems--all of which actually have been causally linked to crimes like these.

#40 HealsnPeels

HealsnPeels

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostRilor, on 15 December 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

wat
Sarcasm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<