CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

There is only so much time until totemic restoration is nerfed or hopefully completely removed from this game.  I have an idea that i think some shamans other than myself would prefer.  The only reason totemic restoration is in this game is to deal with blood fear, but once they remove that totemic restoration is going to be way too strong.

I think that they should replace totemic restoration with a new talent called Totemic protection.  Which would make it so that the next totem that we drop is protected from being destroyed for 3 sec.  I would much rather have this talent than projection or call of elements, and I don't see totemic restoration being reasonable at all after blood fear nerf. I think 3 sec is a reasonable amount of time to protect a totem because any longer would be a bit over the top, obviously this could be tweaked as well.

Everytime I drop a totem that has any benefit is it almost instantly destroyed unless if I put it behind a pillar.  Most teams on bg9 are all cleaves so a majority of them like to have fun training shamans and its hard to find a good place to lay down a healing tide without it being killed in the first tick or two.  This totemic protection is just a thought for something that could replace totemic restoration.

I'm interested to see if anyone else would like to see this or if anyone else has any thoughts of their own. We can only have totemic restoration for so long.

Edited by Derpin, 14 December 2012 - 03:02 AM.

<3

#2 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

oh sure mate... so basically u wanna trade an op thing with a potential immoratality for the whole team while droppin SLT immune to anything for 3 secs ? if anything your class needs to be nerfed and you really can't ask for any fuckin trade off
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

aren't we already immune when we drop SLT without the totem being protected?

i'm leaning more towards protecting healing tide or windwalk rather than slt
<3

#4 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

healing tide is a massive joke ... why would u buff it ?
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

totemic restoration is the reason why tremor is insanely op at the moment.  healing tide is only so good if it cannot be killed, else it lasts for maybe 2 sec before it is killed rendering it worthless.  I'd just rather have healing tide for 3 seconds, which doesnt give the entire team immunity, than have totemic restoration after blood fear get fixed.
<3

#6 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

you being an spriest honestly can't want totemic restoration to stay the way it is, especially if you're the only person on the team that has fear.
<3

#7 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

uhhh correct me if i'm wrong but couldn't that ENTIRELY negate a caster anything be it burst/damage cd with grounding totem being protected? That sounds beyond broken.

#8 CGK

CGK
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

i think they would have to consider grounding as an exception because i agree that it would be rediculous to have your team immune to all spells for any amount of time.
<3

#9 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostDerpin, on 14 December 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

you being an spriest honestly can't want totemic restoration to stay the way it is, especially if you're the only person on the team that has fear.

i'm not shadow ... i'm disc. that's the problem. it says shadow cause i was specced so while lvling and if u look at my aj profile my gear is still green mate
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1646
  • 3v3: 2493

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

I agree it doesn't seem fair any melee class can almost instantly stomp healing tide with a single white hit when training a restoration shaman. I think the reason it dies so easily is because totems don't have resilience, maybe they should just change that

#11 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2243
  • 3v3: 2664
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

The we all take Call of the elements, get 4 tremors every 3 mins instead of 6 and people still complain about it.

Plus the way blizzard work talents they want on demand ones to be slightly worse than ones with steady cooldowns. Hence double time and juggernaught.
If they keep the talent and change it expect it to reduce the cooldown by a third ->30% putting it on a possible 40-45 sec cd if it gets destroyed instantly (as opposed to the 45 av from CoE).
That would at least mean priests could potentially land a full fear every 2nd scream (or make the opposition team stop him reaching the shammy for a good 10-15 secs every 30).

And before happy starts foaming at the mouth about how unfair everything is and how OP shamans are, thats me calling what i "think" blizz will do to it.

#12 brbweed

brbweed
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1229
  • 3v3: 1339

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Why the hell has this total asshat scrub priest taken a personal mission to spew biased garbage on shammy forums.
Ye ye we get it priests suck it´ll not get better for u if shamans get nerfed. After totem change shamans can only play with a
spriest to do any good but i guess u want so over the top nerfs that shamans dissappear totally from arena.

#13 sikemu

sikemu
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

who is this random dip shit complaining that healing tide is overpowered? If the enemy team farts in the direction of my second biggest healing output cooldown it dies instantly. OP is trying to make a constructive post and get feedback on his idea and some random idiot is trying to derail it. Get a life.

On topic: Totemic Protection would be a pretty neat idea but I'm honestly not sure if resto shamans could play the game in it's  current state without totemic restoration. I actually think resto is being balanced around totemic restoration at the moment and there would be too much of a gap  between spirit link totems for shamans to live against melee cleave. I don't really see totemic restoration being overpowered in any way outside of the tremor cooldown though seeing as even healing streams die instantly to every team now.

If healing tide specifically somehow got at least 3-4 garuntee'd ticks off I could see possibly nerfing totem restoration though

Edited by sikemu, 14 December 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#14 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostThasta, on 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

I agree it doesn't seem fair any melee class can almost instantly stomp healing tide with a single white hit when training a restoration shaman. I think the reason it dies so easily is because totems don't have resilience, maybe they should just change that

rofl. other healers don't die as well ? jk ...
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Postbrbweed, on 14 December 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

Why the hell has this total asshat scrub priest taken a personal mission to spew biased garbage on shammy forums.
Ye ye we get it priests suck it´ll not get better for u if shamans get nerfed. After totem change shamans can only play with a
spriest to do any good but i guess u want so over the top nerfs that shamans dissappear totally from arena.

you are completely retarded, sir. Shammy is by far the best healer in game on any braket including and not forgettin rbg. If you can't get that it's cause you are mentally stuck at 2s tbc warrior/lock + druid shit. sorry, get real. And no, i don't wanna see shammy gettin nerfed for "revenge" but i'm sick and fuckin tired of seein shammy being chosen REGARDLESS personal skill over pretty much any other  healer. Shammy is the only class who kept all its mechanics from pre cata (good shit like interrupt or grounding) + got new stuff without ANY fair trade off. If you don't realise that, then sure, buff shammies even more. Tbh revert tremor to what it used to be and remove totemic restoratin. get some aoe dmg + heal talent instead and stop being a god
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 14 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

you are completely retarded, sir. Shammy is by far the best healer in game on any braket including and not forgettin rbg. If you can't get that it's cause you are mentally stuck at 2s tbc warrior/lock + druid shit. sorry, get real. And no, i don't wanna see shammy gettin nerfed for "revenge" but i'm sick and fuckin tired of seein shammy being chosen REGARDLESS personal skill over pretty much any other  healer. Shammy is the only class who kept all its mechanics from pre cata (good shit like interrupt or grounding) + got new stuff without ANY fair trade off. If you don't realise that, then sure, buff shammies even more. Tbh revert tremor to what it used to be and remove totemic restoratin. get some aoe dmg + heal talent instead and stop being a god

LOL you are so clueless it's unreal, are we playing the same game? Do you have any clue how easy it is to kill a shaman right now? like any at all? With the current state of the game I'd venture to say that pallys are one of the strongest healers atm with their double bop/sac and extremely strong cc/heals especially with the new 30% fatigue and how much more the ladders are being cluttered with cleave.

Staying on-topic though:
I think it would be interesting to have some sort of cd that would allow you to once again drop totems while silenced something like every minute or so, since I'm 100% sure they wont implement something like that I wont go into further detail on that thought.

I agree with Korzul and blizzard's "talent design" but i almost want to say rework that tier and adjust totem cds all together. From a mage perspective the way restoration works with grounding and casting against good shamans + their teammates is just unreal, I'd much rather know that grounding is X cd and that I need to work around it.

As far as your concern about tide/link tick it is pretty silly how easily they die, I'm blanking super hard right now but wasn't there a totem that protected your others by adding armor to them or a glyph or something? Wouldn't that be good to bring back to compensate?

#17 emokidqt

emokidqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/.
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 14 December 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Stop your personal vendetta already, everyone knows shammies are the best healers and everyone knows you hate them like the plague.
Posted Image

#18 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View PostExecx, on 14 December 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

bunch of crap

gz on access

View Postemokidqt, on 14 December 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Stop your personal vendetta already, everyone knows shammies are the best healers and everyone knows you hate them like the plague.

lol thanks mate ;..)
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 14 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

gz on access

I could go on and on about how you know nothing about me or my experience or whether or not it's greater then yours, but since you're the biased cancer that made me not want to post on this forum for so long, I have nothing to say to you...

#20 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostExecx, on 14 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

I could go on and on about how you know nothing about me or my experience or whether or not it's greater then yours, but since you're the biased cancer that made me not want to post on this forum for so long, I have nothing to say to you...

you look mad bro. Btw why would i care about what a 5s hero has to say ? nigga pls, get real

EDIT: i forgot to mention that nowadays EVERY healer is a EASY kill target for any 3s decent comp. Shammy can be easy to kill for you ? you must have faced some random shitter cause it's very far from being easy to kill unless he fucks up big time. On the other hand shammy is the only class which can keep up sufficent healing to go through arena at the current state. Its not about nerfing shammy healing, it's about not makin more op than what they are the tools the class already got. You must just be buthurt cause of bomb nerf, i get it ...

Edited by pripripriest, 14 December 2012 - 07:13 PM.

----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<