• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Will you still bring multiple mages to RBGs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: How many mages do you want in your RBG group? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

How many mages do you want in your RBG group?

1. 0 Mages (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 1 Mage (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. 2-3 Mages (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. Mages are fine and my opinion on bringing them in RBG hasn't changed with hotfix. (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

5. Go fire, screw frost, then we'll re-evaluate. (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vexx

Vexx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

I think we can all agree mages were over the top on burst in arenas and RBGs - anytime u can bring 3 of the same spec to an RBG and still be a top tier comp, you know something is wrong.  However, after the fireblast nerf, is anyone still looking to bring more than one mage to RBG groups?  Do you really even need a mage altogether, since you cant time warp 2nd time (or at all for that matter) to re-wipe an opponent on maps like Gilneas?

Frost bomb with glyph crits for like 50k (lol).   On the flipside, I really don't see mages able to let their bombs ride - one of the opposing 3 healers, or a shadow priest is going to dispel that.  You can't argue to wait out dispel CD like in arena either.

I'm fully aware that mage CC is still pretty good: PoM rings, slows, ninja abilites, etc.  People who don't play a mage will prob spew something like "YOU ARE STUPID AND OVER-REACTING," but I just want to get a gauge of what you guys think in general.

EDIT: Please keep thoughts RBG related, I'm sure in arena you can play around not having fireblast glyph, as evidenced by a players w/ Venruki's playstyle on stream.

Edited by Vexx, 13 December 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#2 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Bring 2 fire mages and nether tempest the whole team so they leave the game when they hear the noise.

#3 Boetard

Boetard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1587
  • 3v3: 576
  • RBG: 2261
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Fire is definitely really strong and people underestimate it a lot :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<