• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hi,

I've been playing Family Comp (Warrior/SP/Healer -> Paladin) and we're hovering around 1800-1900 mmr. I think we're doing good considering I have only T1 and 2 malev pieces but I feel in many games we're not putting out enough pressure. From what my Priest says, in order to do significant damage he needs 3 shadow orbs and complains that it is hard to get them when he gets trained by melee or he gets locked down and cannot apply VTs and stuff on the enemy team. Which in turn makes us unable to do some fast swaps 'cause even if i pop cds by myself it doesn't do anything substantial and even if I force some defensive CDs (although i get CCed most for most of the avatar/reck duration) I then need 3 minutes in order to be able to do pressure again and we've lost any kind of advantage we've got. What do I need to do to coordinate my team better and apply pressure to the enemy? In many games the Priest gets trained and it becomes a nightmare. He does absolutely 0 damage and I myself try to peel here and there while they slowly burn our defensive CDs off and we eventually lose. I've tried going on their healer to relieve pressure but I either get peeled or CCed from the healer and nothing happens.

Here is a video from pally perspective. I know it doesn't help much for Warrior advice but its something: go to youtube and /watch?v=wyzJh06myr8&feature=plcp

Any tips from class related to comp tactics is good but I'm especially interested on how you guys do pressure because I feel that with the SP having a "stack" mechanic in order to burst which isn't at will is gimping us hard.

PS: I have suspicions that my SP gets 3 orbs regularly but uses them for needless things but I can't be sure :P

#2 Ciarzx

Ciarzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ok; Run the shaman variant of this to 2.3k a few times this season, the premise remains the same but I advise getting a shaman if you aren't obligated to play with your current healer.

1) Gear is going to be a huge part of this regardless of how well you play. It's late in the season now and A lot of people are almost/are fully geared. That being said, your spriest should probably be putting out a bit more consistent pressure, he might not be utilizing his procs correctly or whatever.

2) This comp is from my experience, 100% about momentum when it comes to scoring kills. As the warrior you should always be looking to make good swaps to Shaman healers and to an extent druids too (hell even palas die with a 3orb dp>warbringer>shockwave). You can try out a warbringer build if you are struggling to pressure healers solo (doesn't DR with shockwave) though you will probably want Jugger/double time vs mage teams.

3) There are some comps that will leave you feeling helpless to save your priest (Kittycleave as an example). Try not to play with a peel forever mentality against these teams, instead try and force the enemy healers cds on your own if possible, to force the cleave train to go def and start peeling, from there your priest can begin turning the game in your favour.

4) The shaman variant is a LOT stronger in my opinion, but feel free to check out my twitch vods (twitch.tv/ciarz) as I was recently playing this comp with some undergeared guildies.

PM me on here or twitch if you have any questions, hope I could help a little.

-Ciarz
My twitch follows are much appreciated!

• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fury
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, gonna try them out soon :)

Some new stuff:

1) My SPriest was checking some info online and found out that many warriors gem Resi when playing this comp? Is that necessary? I feel since my gear is pretty low compared to other people I should keep PVP power gems on to keep dmg up + I'm not getting trained so much most of the time so it seems a bit overkill..

2) I've started trying to get some good swaps on healers here and there popping just deadly calm and trinket (1 min CDs), sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. However when I'm not annoying one of the enemy DPSers my priest gets in lots of fucking trouble and we start going defensive only to cascade from there. If I go on the DPSers then enemy healers start CCing like crazeh! I try to focus charge and maybe mass reflect when I have it but its like they don't care...I also shockwave them sometimes so my healer can get to LoS but most of the time I've used it on the DPS so that the priest can get at least 1 VT up otherwise he's just useless...

PS: Can't find a good shaman yet... We'll have to stick to the pala for now...
PPS: I'm also on Stormscale-EU -_-... I'm gonna seek you out for tips :P

#4 Ciarzx

Ciarzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2404

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Regarding resil gemming, if youre not getting trained dont bother, warriors can kite/rotate defensives better than a LOT of classes plus you have 25% extra reduc from dstance anyway. I would personally try out bloodbath with on use, since it seems your priest is either positioning horribly, or isnt rotating defensives properly with your paladin (i.e. not overlapping SACs/BoPs/Blind on both dps if melee/HP swap/disperse etc).
Id say on average I end up shockwaving dps/healer about equally, the priest shouldnt need quite as much babysitting as he seems to. You can try out safeguard instead of mass reflect and safeguard your priest for an extra def cd (also root break is amazing). Feel free to msg me ingame if you want my safeguard macros.
My twitch follows are much appreciated!

#5 Subzeronoh

Subzeronoh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2143
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yes, try to use bloodbath.