Help

[Class Selection] Need an opinion.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 applecore666

applecore666
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hey AJ, just wondering if I could get some quick advice.  Thinking about rolling a new alt for some world pvp, and I want to pin down which class I should use.  Here are the criteria I'm looking for.

1.) Not weapon dependent.

Gear dependency is one thing, and all classes are throttled by it to some extent, but the weapon dependency of some classes (death knight, warriorlol) is a shot to the nuts for someone like me who doesn't have the strength of will to raid all the time or wait a month before I can even get an entry level pvp weapon (thanks, blizzard).

2.) Has a dynamic playstyle more complex than not, with a reasonably high skill cap.

What can I say?  Simplicity is dull to me.  Preferably with a high skill cap.  If a class is hard to play with little reward for doing well, that can be frustrating after a while.

3.) Is self-sufficient.

I ain't nobody's bitch.  Most of the time.

4.) EDIT -- Has a lot of options for counterplay.

Forgot this one, but it's more of just an elaboration on skill cap.  I enjoy classes that have an answer to things an enemy can do, actively able to counter enemy actions.  I don't like pure aggro style classes whose sole strategy is to leap into the fray and mindlessly attack things until either they die or the enemy does (think the Heavy in TF2; hate that class).  Monk seems to have some good abilities that lend themselves well to this.

I've been thinking that either a monk or druid might be my best bet, but maybe I'm wrong and you guys can show me the path.  Monk seems to be at the bottom of the food chain right now, but blizz seems like they're aiming to buff them, and besides, the new playstyle would probably be fun--but if they're super weapon dependent, well, fuck that.  Thanks.

#2 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'd say a caster for you if you wanna world pvp, prob warlock / mage / shadow priest, imo if you want a high skill cap dont go mage, more shadow priest / warlock.

You might like Feral druid too even if its not really a caster spec.

#3 applecore666

applecore666
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I actually prefer melee, it's just that I despise how tied my efficacy is to what weapon I can obtain.  If feral or monk isn't too held back in that regard, then great, but otherwise...yeah.  Might have to go with some sort of caster.  I haven't heard the best things about warlocks, especially affliction spec, but who knows.  Thanks for the reply.

#4 Acilinx

Acilinx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Rogue man, idk about weapon dependent part tho.

#5 applecore666

applecore666
  • Members

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I actually have an 85 rogue, and it was pretty fun, but by all accounts they seem to be in a crappy place, and while not as weapon dependent as some classes, in my experience, they still relied on good weapons to do good work.

#6 Hoodzx

Hoodzx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 2299
  • 5v5: 2229
  • RBG: 2225
  • LocationFRANCE

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Rogue = High skill cap imo
Monk = You should play this class for the healing spec, the dps spec is unstable as hell for the moment, and nobody take them in RBG / 3s / 5s.
Feral = Really good, and druid got resto / FC Guardian / Boomkin / Feral... you got some choices if you want to respec.

Don't know what other melee you could play.

Edited by Balotrek, 14 December 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#7 applecore666

applecore666
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yeah, I've heard Windwalker monks are a bit on the wild side, but blizzard seems to be wising up to it and plan to focus their attention on monks in general to bring them up to par.  Even so, are WW monks weapon dependent for damage?  How about kitty druids?  Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's a big help.

#8 applecore666

applecore666
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Any other opinions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<