• Curse Sites
Help

Like the Wow Forum without the bullshit ( Not really though )

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ugran

Ugran
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/1/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

This whole forum really brings me so much amusement everything I have ever read in the junkies only forum is one multi glad arguing with another multi glad while insulting each other.

The great thing is that every time they are arguing about 2 separate issue with this game the RIP Mage topic great example.

one guy dispel needs a longer cooldown
other guy instant cross cc is overpowered

both if not true at least worthy topics but instead a really funny "your a fucking retard" " no you can read because i fucked your mama so hard" conversation happened im glad im not a glad (lovely play on words) because i couldn't resist the bait

any who go read it. Best trolling ive seen in a long time

#2 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

AJ hasn't been without the bullshit since Tyveris.
Posted Image

#3 Strobolt

Strobolt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1418

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

I have to agree with this topic. I'm new to AJ and pvp overall and I came here to find a EJ equivalent for pvp. It's been a sad disappointment though. There are obviously some seriously skilled and helpful players who make well argumented comments here at AJ but the problem is just that those posts are too hard to find in all this mess. Take for example the Frost bomb-thread: 16 pages of posts of which about 10% of posts has some real opinions and arguments in them.

But I guess that's just something to get used to and learn how to not read those posts that include a quote and few words that are trashing the quote.

#4 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1775
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 2035

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'd say you hit the nerd... nail on the head. For a long time I had wanted to be one of these said "multi-Glads" who had access to material in the Junkies section that I deemed overly important at the time. Now I have come to the realization that there is even less separating the majority of these players from myself than I once thought before. If anything, I prefer the title of Member, so as to not be associated with such childlike behavior.

#5 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Most of the people who post nonsense are past season gladiators that don't play anymore/play at a low rating now. It's been suggested multiple times to revoke their access, but I guess they don't because it would lower the forum's activity even more than it is.
Posted Image

#6 Ugran

Ugran
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Daggerspine
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/1/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

yeah ive noticed that the most helpful and normal people ive found have been the "member" people on this forum and skill capped.
I guess it comes with being gladiator in every season mean that everyone elses ideas are worthless lol atleast here we all know where trying to get better and maybe don't know everything.

but what i thinks crazy is just cause i haven't played my hunter to 2200 doesn't mean I don't understand how my class works I mean the game isn't that complicated really

#7 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

pvp community is dying out, no surprise here
shut up pvp guy

#8 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Maiev
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostFistagon, on 13 December 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I'd say you hit the nerd... nail on the head. For a long time I had wanted to be one of these said "multi-Glads" who had access to material in the Junkies section that I deemed overly important at the time. Now I have come to the realization that there is even less separating the majority of these players from myself than I once thought before. If anything, I prefer the title of Member, so as to not be associated with such childlike behavior.

I used to be one of these kinds of people, who wanted to become a multi-glad. When I actually got access to this website, I realized how dead most intelligent conversation on the forums really were. I have to concur with your opinion.

I really just want to start my own website or subforum or anything, with strict moderation. I think it's fine for the shit talking to remain in the battlegroup forums. Everybody needs a break once in a whlie. But to have that crap on the face of the website? It's disturbing, to say the least.

@Twocat

Who is Tyveris? What is his story?
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

View PostFTRouslan, on 24 October 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

do you have a shitlist in ranked order of people you want to possibly delete?

View PostNameswapro, on 24 October 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

My friend, they are long gone.
That's why there is a deleting option. You delete people you don't want to see anymore.

#9 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostFTRouslan, on 14 December 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

@Twocat

Who is Tyveris? What is his story?
Previous owner of AJ during TBC and (most of?) WotLK. Before the ownership traded hands a few times until Curse got its hands on AJ.
Posted Image

#10 rodrigorm

rodrigorm
  • Members

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostReirei, on 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM, said:

pvp community is dying out, no surprise here
'nuff said.

#11 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

remember to report any blatantly insulting/trolling posts, it's impossible for the moderating team to get to everything by ourselves but with your help it becomes a lot more manageable :)
Posted Image

#12 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

People are still people, regardless of glad titles or not.  I think you will find helpful junkies and members as well as immature junkies and members, as someone has already said in this thread.

But yeah, it does suck reading a thread trying to get information and instead find a bunch of insults flying around.

#13 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostSynkz, on 16 December 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

People are still people, regardless of glad titles or not.  I think you will find helpful junkies and members as well as immature junkies and members, as someone has already said in this thread.

But yeah, it does suck reading a thread trying to get information and instead find a bunch of insults flying around.

it is because by becoming junkie people don't obligate themself to become source of information and let's be honest AJ is not as strict as wow forums (which i don't think is THAT bad thing in general picture)

tbh most threads on official wow forums are still the worst tho, class forums in aj section are still quite infromative...
shut up pvp guy

#14 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostReirei, on 18 December 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

it is because by becoming junkie people don't obligate themself to become source of information and let's be honest AJ is not as strict as wow forums (which i don't think is THAT bad thing in general picture)

tbh most threads on official wow forums are still the worst tho, class forums in aj section are still quite infromative...

100% agree

#15 gangstalicious

gangstalicious
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I troll the junkie section :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users