Help

I want you to think long and hard.

perfect play bots discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Fellow members of AJ, a thought popped into my head a few minutes ago that I thought would be an interesting question to explore with the rest of you here.

Now, I want you to think long and hard about this. I don't want any half-assed answers with six words. Don't answer immediately and think about everything involved in arena.

What would be the two best 3v3 compositions (in the current patch) if the game was played 'perfectly' by bots.

This means: perfect damage rotations, perfect team coordination, perfect interrupts, perfect dispels, ..., perfect everything. What compositions would they be and which would win? Give your reasoning behind your answer. If you could also think of your answer without reading the answers of others before you that would make things more interesting.

#2 Freshloaf

Freshloaf
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I believe it would be a caster comp, though uncertain which one. The reason is because of their utility. The more utility a class has the higher ceiling of skill it can be played at. With an impeccable combination of caster spells and caster positioning, it would be hard to lose.

#3 Nemlol

Nemlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodhoof
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/1
  • RBG: 1684

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I think teams with heavy cc that requires a lot of coordination would be on top, also if they did perfect instant interupts a mage would be bis.

Godcomp / WMD

#4 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Also take into consideration situations like this:

A perfect Priest would try to instantly Mass Dispel a Paladin when he uses Divine Shield. The opposing class with a lockout will try to stop that Mass Dispel, but the Priest's partners will try to stop that player from interrupting the Mass Dispel. Knowing this, the opposing team will try to stop them from CCing the person trying to interrupt the Priest. I could go on, but I think you get it.

#5 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Holypala, Restoshaman and Warrior.

2xDefensive dispel, shock, 99% uptime on warrior damage due to freedoms and dispels, huge cc by both healers, 2x Purge being almost 2nd dps, Tremor with Totemic Restoration being immune to fears. I could go on and on. Also currently on live it's really forgiving comp.

2nd would be Feral/Shadowpriest/Restoshaman.

Defensive md, good sp/feral pressure outside of cd's; insane during cd's, really great instant cc, double decurse, sp offhealing and utility through grip/swap, feral never sitting roots + other shaman abilities mentioned above.

That's what I think atleast.

Edited by Crawthz, 13 December 2012 - 10:28 AM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#6 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

1. Spriest/Feral/Healer

Then in no particular order:
Feral/Mage/Healer
Hunter/Feral/Paladin
Enh/Feral/Paladin
Warrior/Feral/Paladin
Hunter/Enh/Paladin
Enh/Hunter/Paladin
Warrior/Enh/Paladin
Spriest/Warrior/Healer

It's all about the instant CC. Bots can't interrupt it, bots can't mess it up. Even assuming 50/50 for juking and interrupting, I think this would be the best. Paladins have so many tools at their disposal that I feel not enough players use.

Additionally, what typically stops these cleaves? Wizards? Mages have been nerfed far too much, and warlocks just don't do enough damage. Shadow priest/resto druid/X teams could maybe beat some of these, but I kinda doubt it.

Everyone is obviously going to be biased, but this is what I think would dominate.

#7 Raikufail

Raikufail
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/1/.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

I would say Destro MLS. If everything goes perfect and you line up triple CC every single time, fear 1 /hex /poly other one and a ROF on the healer into a frostbomb DF chaosbolt lavaburst anything would die. Chaos bolt is really strong but hard to get off, if 3 perfected players would play they would probably get many chaos bolts off.

Or dbl healer warrior. You can kill people with cds up and you cant really ever die if you play perfect. Dbl healer warr is alredy the best comp / Op in the hands of average players. It just feels like a comp that cant really die and also has insane damage (the healers would be Resto shaman and hpala) because of purge + paladin ccs.

Edited by Raikufail, 13 December 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#8 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Could also be MLD by just rotating all castable cc and switching everytime cyclone dr's to that player.
www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#9 Draakex

Draakex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 1149
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

would also go for feral/sp/healer, with paladins being the optimal healer for that comp imho

Posted Image

#10 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

are you horny

#11 proffset

proffset
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2553
  • 3v3: 2958
  • RBG: 2010

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

In this current state of the game: Nr 1: Kittycleave, paladins have strong heals & very good cc, ferals is just gods with insta clones, shapes out of roots and just huge dmg, warriors I feel like have huge dmg with full gear, good interrupts & plenty of stuns (depending on which talent choices they pick), also a fear on quite low cd to match the ferals insta clones and paladins arsenal of cc. In short: Shitloads of dmg while shitloads of cc. And ofc insta shattering throw/bubble. Nr 2 : I would say MLD normally but I guess godcomp trumps that atm thanks to sp having fears that warlock brings, good dmg and alot of defensive shit. I guess becouse of the mad cc chaining and cross cc this comp can offer it should be quite amazing especially with bots pulling of perfect cc chains.

#12 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

I choose to take a different approach. Perfectly played triple dps would be the best in my opinion.

Boomkin + rogue + mage.

The beam bomb ursol's vortex on something might guarantee the kill in the opener, mage can heal, boomkin can heal (maybe even with heart of the wild) and the amount of instant / cc and burst is insane. Rogue is interchangeable for something else that is better I just think group stealth is good for the opener (although boomy / mage have stealth anyways)

Alter time pom ring / pom sheep and stuff... insane + blind if someone trinkets the sheep and if no kill you can sap too... double cloak with prep mage can block ccs off himself I feel like this comp would destroy almost any setup. Might change out rogue for warrior so that you can shatter immunities against paladin / mage teams but I haven't thought too much into it.

boomkin 1 shot macro for like 150k starsurge, mage popping all cds with frost bomb deep, even with fireblast glyph is still some guaranteed damage + FoF and lances from pet nova is another 150k at least and rogues with every cds popped also can do a lot of damage in a small window. I can probably think of other tactics they could use but yeah just off the top of my head

#13 saffie

saffie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2112

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'd say sp/warr/shaman if played perfectly would never lose a game because:

a ) insane support since its sp+shaman
b ) insane pressure because its sp+warrior eventually ooming the opponent team.

Edited by saffie, 13 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#14 paiku

paiku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2291

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

i think most games would end into a draw

#15 Melbyz

Melbyz
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 2/2/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1610
  • 3v3: 1248
  • RBG: 2270

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Feral/SP/Resto(Shaman), this setup is in my opinion the strongest by far, really good cc from the feral which works perfect with a SP (clone followed by fear), There is so much instant cc, with shields from SP the team can play even more offensive which benefits them when the shaman actually don't need much mana to heal you can waste a lot of mana on offensive purges. With double Dispersion on the dpsers, Life Swap, Nature's Swiftness + Predatory Swiftness, Mass dispell (either to break cc on your own healer or to break major defensive abilites from the enemy team) and tbh retarded passive speed from feral (4 set + boots) which actually benefits the feral when your opponents pillarhug cause the priest dmg is mainly devouring plague and even a mongolisticspasferal can easly loss the little cc they aren't immune to.
The feral charge is also really strong, the 4 secs immobilizing combind with a SP silence followed up with a bash. Just the typhoon is a huge deal on some maps, actually all maps cuz of the spell not having that big a delay on the knockback you can easly use it to interrupt spellcasts (Typhoon only has a 20 sec cd)

#16 Nihi

Nihi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2383

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Definately druid for healer since i believe druids are by far the best when played perfectly (lower skill players shaman wins) and shadowpriest because of all the extra survivability / defensive support.
This composition makes you unkillable if played at 100%

Dont know about 3rd class.

Edited by Nihi, 13 December 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#17 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostDraakex, on 13 December 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

would also go for feral/sp/healer, with paladins being the optimal healer for that comp imho

Clearly you have never played the setup or seen a shaman in your life :P

#18 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1463
  • 3v3: 768
  • RBG: 2026

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Godcomp/MLS

#19 Natokni

Natokni
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

feral X X + spriest X X.

#20 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Rogues when played perfectly are still pretty potent. Paladins with perfect peels are probably the best healers as they come with a lot of CC.

Shadow Priests have offensive and defensive dispel and the ability to dispel bubble/iceblock, so they are pretty much a necessity.

Enh Shamans have double purge and insane burst still, the damage when coupled with a feral is amazing.

Maybe
SPriest / Rogue / (Pala/Druid)
Enh / Feral / Pala

the triple DPS idea earlier in the thread sounded pretty flawless too - If the team is stacked, vortex+beam-- if they aren't then bomb the healer and they'd get no peels.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<