PC for Streaming
Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 AM
vid card http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127688
Any ideas \ suggestions? Not ordering til next week - primarily for streaming wow
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:07 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:26 AM
- Don't buy an extra motherboard? I'm guessing that first link was a bad copy/paste.
- No need to buy extra thermal paste. The difference between the best thermal paste money can buy and literal melted chocolate is like a few degrees C. Whatever your stuff comes with automatically will be sufficient.
- Depending on what you're doing, there's a decent chance you'll get way better performance with a i5-2500k/3570k and overclocked. I would probably prefer that for basically all gaming rigs. Throw on an aftermarket cooler (hyper 212+ for example) and overclock it to like 4.5GHz. You'll get way better game performance than an i7 3770. If you do go with a -k processor, you have to get a p67/z68/z77 motherboard instead of h77.
- Very good chance you don't need 16GB RAM. It really depends on what you're doing. At home, I barely use 4GB when playing games, browsing the web, etc. At work, I routinely use >24GB when compiling code... so it depends. The default amount right now would probably be 8GB in 2x4GB sticks. You can always bump that up to 4x4GB sticks if you end up needing more.
- PSU is solid, you can probably drop down to 430~500W if you want, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
- You didn't list a case, do you already have one?
- Consider a SSD if you would like faster game loading screens / general OS snappiness. Doesn't have to be big, just 60~120G to hold your OS + a few games.
Depending on what you want to stream at, you may want to consider an i7-2600k/i7-3570k.
-Adolf Hitler, 1939
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:34 AM
Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:29 PM
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:17 AM
Intel would be a solid choice, just not sure if you need that much capacity. Up to you.
-Adolf Hitler, 1939
Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:36 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users